Terminator 3. (ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Terminator 3. (ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Post by T-900 »

The film was lovely... it had a few overly childish bits near the beginning that had me dreading it would do to terminator what FOBOS is doing to us... But as soon as the T-X punched a hole in the fat cops chest the entire film turned around and became amazing ^_^

Regardless of the rest of the lovely film; I wrote this topic for one reason.

Who else experienced the rush of sudden atmospheric goodness and grim coolness and satisfaction as you see the plane fly towards the huge military-hangar style door of the Crystal Springs (That correct?) base... And then it only gets better as the huge vault door and the old-style entry computer come into view... And then they finally get inside, and the camera pans over the huge 50's computers with the flashing lights and the power of the NES... and finally, the presidential chair, the bald eagle symbol on the wall and the camera's.. ready for him to declare the imminent nuclear strike...

Sadly I saw that film on what i still categorise as the most emotionally turbulent and terrible day of my life, for my own personal reasons.. yet it was good enough to turn the entire day around and leave me swimming in Fallout-esque nostalgic happiness for the next few hours...

Tell me what you thought of the last 20 minutes of T3.

Leave off the bad sarcasm, and once you've made your point feel free to comment on the rest of the film.

T-900 (This name is now invalid, It was chosen around four years ago to be based upon the terminator series cyborgs and killing machines. Terminator 3: War of the Machines, the new PC FPS will be using T-900 endoskeletons as a medium-weight killer class on the Skynet team, in the multiplayer mode (which sounds rather good)... Bye bye name... I knew you well, but now you will burn in your own un-originality as the newbies eat you up and clone you again and again...)
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

why didn't you post this in the movie review thread you $$$$$$dumba$$$$$
:chew:
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Because it's a big pile of spam about tarantino and speilberg. Apart from that, this is about a certain scene, and opinions of it.

Satanisgreat created a topic to review movies... not for people to argue about directors. This isn't a movie review, it's just something about a movie.

Take your medication and get one of those college spelling/grammar courses. (Mod's, can you delete this megatron's reply, and this post (after he's read it >:)))

Furthermore; You are a vile disgrace to the name of the greatest animated villain ever created. Bastard.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

wat

im not animated
:chew:
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

I have to agree...that scene actually made the movie for me. I sat, mouth agap, at what was happening, and the implications. It brought Conner into the future elegantly. Right when they entered, and you saw the dust layered on the trucks and the calm abandon of the place, you knew something was up. That rickety ancient elevator...it was all very cool.

That one scene is the very established 'feel' I have in my head when I think about post apoc, and the stuff I'm doing for Phoenix. It was an exciting scene for me.

Cheers
Cipher
Respected
Respected

Post by Cipher »

Yes, the last 30 minutes was by far the best part of the movie. I liked the ending and hope they continue the series with the start of the war and what comes after it.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Terminator 3 was
CRAP
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

There was a big thread about T3 already, which bissected it to death.

T-900 you suck!!!!!
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

What, you're not familiar with topic recycling? It's a tradition.

EDIT
Almost forgot: Ban T-900.
Hello New Jersey
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Wow.. this thread had a secondary value - It sorts the people with aggression problems from the bareable Post-apoc entheusiasts (however you spell it).

And Evog... that is exactly how I felt about it... Yay.

NOT AN EDIT
Didn't forget: Ban this fool who attaches himself to whoever he see's first when he turns on his monitor and tries to kill them with incredibly bad sarcastic one-liners. And has no capitals in his name. No gentleman would go without capitals in his name.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

T-900 wrote:No gentleman would go without capitals in his name.
Up yours mate. atoga is a very hardcore name.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

T-900, I remember you, we used to talk a lot.

Whats with coming around here and starting shit with people that have been around here forever. You have 25 posts... and saying that admins should ban someone, kind of a joke huh?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Allo Jack.

T-900
Vault Veteran

Location: The Source of the Darkness and Evil that stalks the internet. South Wales.

What the hell are you talking about? :)

I've been in this community for around four years. I only registered at DAC about 18 months ago because the Khans forum was relocated here a while after V13 died.

I don't mean to be offencive but i'd rather all replies to this cotained a bit more 'Terminator 3 content' and less complaints and sarcasm. Thankyou.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

... Moron o_O

Statement of fact, rather than insult... This thread is about Terminator 3.

Cipher and Evog have both shown interest, the rest of you have just come here to waste your miserable lives by flaming me.. it must entertain you somehow. Would a sensible mod please delete the off topic replies...? :(
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow you guys suck, T-900 is cool, and his sigs were cool, and the last 30 mins of T3 was great.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Kewl kewl great. OK!
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DJG »

Yeah I liked this part of the movie too.
T3 is great.
(Yeah I know, useless comment).
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Hehe, better than 70% so far DJG.

Probably the most powerful scene I've ever seen in a film. Nothing else has filled me with that sense of fallout-ish 'satisfaction' since FO itself.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Now you are going too far tho.

T3 wasn't a masterpiece, just an entertaining movie with a good end.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

T3 sucked, where was the storyline? where was teh acting? and where were the fucking machines???
ie: the trailor shown in cinema's here showed a fuckload of terminators firing assorted guns in an assault wave.... in the movie that was a daydream that john connor had FFS what a pile of bollix, the best part was the end in the fallout shelter, (granted the special fx were good)
other than that it was NOTHING compared to T2, or the original.
Our Host!