Mad Max 1 (May contain SPOILARZ! :o)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Mad Max 1 (May contain SPOILARZ! :o)

Post by T-900 »

I just watched it. It's an ok film... It's got psychotic bad guys... very psychotic, I like them. Except for their strange stroking homosexuality in places.. plain disturbing.

The best part is the last 15 minutes.

The whole film is about a semi-vigilante road police group combatting extreme road crime in the form of psychotic biker and car gangs... Ok, society seems a little degraded, and somewhat comical (The lawyers and legal figures with huge glasses and squeaky voices etc), but all i see is peoples mental and finacial state degrading a little in some depressingly gloomy empty part of australia. It's just... wrong... Max isn't even mad, he is just confident that other people will dodge first in a game of chicken, cars head-to-head.

The Gang, and NightRider are well done, but the rest of the film is pure boredom... What is it some of you love so much about it?

I haven't seen Mad Max 2 in years, but i remember it for being Violent and rather insane. I like Violent and rather insane. I'll try to see it as soon as possible...

Don't flame argue insult and belitte, just respond to the subject matter please. I want yer opinions on the film, and your reasons for praising it so.

Edit: Avoid giving spoilers for any of the films in this thread if ye can, especially spoilers about Mad Max 2.
Last edited by T-900 on Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Mad Max 1

Post by Wolfman Walt »

T-900 wrote: Max isn't even mad.
I don't know......he loses his wife, his kid, and his best friend. I seriousily doubt he was only "Highly annoyed". Plus "Slightly Agitated Max" isn't as catchy of a title.
Harriers for the cup.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

After they are killed (and remember you are giving a nasty spoiler there :\) he goes nuts and has a revenge crusade. My favourite part of the film. But for 80%+ of the film he's just a happy successful semi-vigilante road cop. It's just not quite worthy of the terrible looking title screen with the silver framework around the words 'MAD MAX'. Mad Max 2 was a little more... mad? if my memory serves me correctly.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Well I don't rightly think we can discuss a movie without giving out any information about it, can we? Just edit the subject and say that the thread includes spoilers.
Harriers for the cup.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

mad max 1 = best in the triology IMO

fucking great movie

jim goose is my hero... he got pwned

fucking love the scene where he chains the guys ankle to the soon to be blown up truck truck and tells him that he has a better chance of survival if he saws through his ankle than to saw through the cuffs.

fucking bad ass max is.
bey.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Like I said, the last 15 minutes are the best. But Goose was... Meh, what did he really do? He crashed and broke his leg. He didn't even kill anyone. Bah.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

dude, u remember when he jumped that little punk fuck when he got out on bail or whatever?

he was all like "SEE YOU ON THE ROAD, SKAG!"

fuck u, goose was fucking amazing, i miss goose, WHY GOOSE WHYAAG>

HE WASNT WAORTH IT NO!!!!!!!!!!

fucking goose .

bey.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

No self control. Inferior to Max. Hah.

Too happy for my liking -_-
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Re: Mad Max 1 (May contain SPOILARZ! :o)

Post by DJ Slamák »

T-900 wrote:What is it some of you love so much about it?
The Toecutter.

But he should have worn a necklace made of toes or something to support his name. I guess they were on a tight budget, though. :cry:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

what about waterworld huh whats the deal huh it wasnt water world ther was water on top of city it should b called city world also if ther was that much water wouldnt they be in da clouds also waterworld didnt have ALL AMERICAN BAD ASS just a guy with fishy ears. feral kid>urine kid
:chew:
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Yeah, I didn't like the first one all that much either. Like you mentioned before, it wasn't very post-apocalyptic. Which is because it actually isn't. The nuclear war happens between the first two movies.
Literacy is overated.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Megatron wrote:what about waterworld huh whats the deal huh it wasnt water world ther was water on top of city it should b called city world also if ther was that much water wouldnt they be in da clouds also waterworld didnt have ALL AMERICAN BAD ASS just a guy with fishy ears. feral kid>urine kid
I was about to send you a bag of Anthrax for mentioning the worst Costner movie ever (lots of competion for the title..), but I laughed so hard at "feral kid>urine kid" that all the powder got blown into the air conditioning unit for the Assulym Seekers Detention Centre next door....

No great loss either way, eh?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Viktor! You seem nicely opposed. I'll add that i'm welsh, fuel that englishness, make outburts about sheep and your journey to the gloomy corner will be complete.

Toecutter was good.. but no good at getting things done for himself. Always got someone else to do it for him. perhaps that's the essence of command but he didn't even do the entertaining stuff. Like destruction. And Burning.

And Waterworld is a post-apocalypse film with guns and action and atmosphere and cool sets. You still haven't explained WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT >_<
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

I liked the first one, I mean it's his origin. The 2nd one was indeed better, but I still liked the first one
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

yeah 1st one was the original, the whole feel, it was so 70s, those punks were cool on their bikes.

i think those big budget stupid dune buggies and tanks with wheels in the 2nd one were lame

1st was a movie entirely about fast bikes vs. fast cars

fuck dune buggies, wtF?
bey.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

Well I guess they are pretty reliable in the Outback, but at least Max still had his super awesome illegally put together super car.
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Viktor wrote:I was about to send you a bag of Anthrax for mentioning the worst Costner movie ever (lots of competion for the title..)
NO.

Waterworld >> Teh Postman
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i haven't seen the postman and don't plan on seeing it, i've read the book and it's pretty fucking amazing

costner and cage both suck
bey.
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

the first one was great it showed that back in the seventies the most important things to an australian man were his beer his car his footy team his woman and if he had one his dog
"your mind is your greatest enemy, its always with you, it knows everything about you and everything your going to do before you do it"
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

I don't get people who "don't get" Mad Max. Are they looking for something that isn't there, or what? It's about violence, cars, and a guy who gets mad because his wife and kid gets killed. What's so hard to understand or like about it?
Our Host!