Mad Max 1 (May contain SPOILARZ! :o)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

I want to see the postman... I hate having UK terrestrial tv, and the cheapest cable channels available.

Satan; That's exactly what Mad Max 1 is. And it does that quite nicely, very entertaining film in its own wonderfully strange way. I don't want idiot's who haven't even seen it hailing it as a 'Post-apocalyptic action film!' which is happening far too much.

Post-apocalypse games are booming... they are being announced and released frequently since around the time Soldiers of Anarchy came out, Post-Apocalypse books even are doing well. But the post apoc film genre is currently rather dead... Though terminator 3 has some lovely nukey content ^_^
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Speaking of mad max, just today I went to savers a got this sweet leather jacket, just like max's for $24. Such a sweet deal for such a badass thing.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Strapon2 wrote:Speaking of mad max, just today I went to savers a got this sweet leather jacket, just like max's for $24. Such a sweet deal for such a badass thing.
Does it have only one sleave?
Harriers for the cup.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

DJ Slamák wrote:
Viktor wrote:I was about to send you a bag of Anthrax for mentioning the worst Costner movie ever (lots of competion for the title..)
NO.

Waterworld >> Teh Postman
what crack are you smoking? waterworld was terrible. The Postman was good. Not as good as the book, mind you. But good, and better than Waterworld. I'd rather throw up for 2 straight hours than watch Waterworld ever again.

As for the original Mad Max, make sure you watch the Special Edition, since it has no Dub on it. All original Australian actors voices. Jim Goose is the freakin' man though. Every movie needs a playa, and The Goose was it (plus, they never really said he died or not - so who knows, Goose could come back in Fury Road as an enemy of max for getting him burned up).

The first movie shows that Max was a Man. A Real Man like the rest of us, but he basically had no fear and was untouchable. Well he forgot he had one form of baggage: Family. Evil will use family against the hero every time in most movies. It is the most classic way to get to the Hero.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Strapon2 wrote:Speaking of mad max, just today I went to savers a got this sweet leather jacket, just like max's for $24. Such a sweet deal for such a badass thing.
Does it have only one sleave?
Thats the only thing that's not right... (plus the shoulder pad)
But eh... why mess up such a great deal when I like it how it is now?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Strapon2 wrote: Thats the only thing that's not right... (plus the shoulder pad)
If they have any extras there, why not just buy another one and customize? Also, out of curiousity.....is it real leather? If so you definetly got one hell of a deal.
Harriers for the cup.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

I still haven't found out one shred of 'WHY YOU DON'T LIKE WATERWORLD!' >_<

Its a good post-acpoalypse action film, the-end.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Strapon2 wrote: Thats the only thing that's not right... (plus the shoulder pad)
If they have any extras there, why not just buy another one and customize? Also, out of curiousity.....is it real leather? If so you definetly got one hell of a deal.
Indeed it's real leather!
just a few little holes in the inner lining part, other than that it's perfect. Just put some mink oil on it too, nice and cool looking.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

I've had my leather jacket for five or six years now. I used to pump gas in it during the winter and spill antifreeze and windshield washer fluid all over it. Now it's more green than black and it's all torn up. I still wear it in the spring and fall, though.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Ian looked good in a leather jacket. His jeans were surprisingly blue considering they'd been through a nuclear war...
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

that sounds menacingly gay, are you menacingly gay t-900?
bey.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

...Not Really... Though some really bad jokes about how much Ian shoots you in the back do spring to mind. :roll: .
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Don't ruin Ian for all of us. ;)
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

He's the one with the flowing locks and the leather. Anyway I wasn't trying to give any homosexual reference, It's Iohkus fault! *points and scowls dramatically*
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

T-900 wrote:He's the one with the flowing locks and the leather. Anyway I wasn't trying to give any homosexual reference, It's Iohkus fault! *points and scowls dramatically*
Don't feel bad blaming him, Just remember to get back on topic after this is done! ( :x )
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

I like it 'cause Cundalini wears those cool sunglasses.
He really could use a hand you know.

Talking 'bout bad-ass Aussie biker movies. Anyone saw "Stone"? From 70-80:ies I think. Haven't seen it in years.
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Ian looked good in a leather jacket.
He's the one with the flowing locks and the leather.
Any man who says flowing locks must be some kinda homo-sexual huh?
:chew:
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

BTW, Bubba Zanetti was the coolest character in Mad Max next to Max.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Yes, He was. He had a 9mm Mauser, near identical to Gizmo's weapon in fallout one, except that it seemed to be a more modern design.

"Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority. *at this point I spent half an hour looking for the real quote, and failed* She is with the Bronze (gestures at maneequin). Full of treachery!"

lovely ^_^

"Perhaps it is the result of an Anxiety."
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

Mad Max was not a post apocaliptic movie. It was apocaliptic, whe see the end of a world and a way of life and the beginning of another. Max begins the movie as a happy, naive young man beliving in justice and trusting the future. He ends as a delusioned, bitter man roaming the savage wastland that the world turned into. The movie shows the end of our modern world not with bang but with a progressivly faster degradation of values and the social structure due to dwindling resources. It makes me think of the end of the Roman Empire. That´s the really cool thing about the movie, it makes FUCKING sense.
Uaterwurld is a action movie (Hollyshitwood) based on unrealistic premises and with so many logical holes you could ram a truck trough it (sideways).
Carpe jugulum.
Our Host!