Mad Max 1 (May contain SPOILARZ! :o)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

I always figured Mad Max 1 was post-apocalyptic, if you notice, there's lot of ruins and stuff OUTSIDE of the city..

And as explained during the intro of Road Warrior, gangs live on the roads. I always figured Max was just a normal cop in a still semi-civilized town somewhere in the wasteland, and then a gang rolls on in (notice how the guy and the girl in the red car with the flames see them, panic and try to drive out of there fast?). Max kills Nightrider, and then Max and Goose get Johnny the Boy and the gang finds out who killed Nightrider, so they go after Max.

Then, after Goose gets killed, he quits the force from pressure. Then his wife and kid die, thats when he finally goes over the edge. Grabs the Bronze uniform and the V8 and kicks some ass..

Then, I figure, with nothing left, not even a job on the police force, he just wanders off into the wasteland.. then comes Road Warrior.
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

I said apocaliptic because there is still some form of legal system running in the beginning. And Max still believes in it. I think there is even reference to a central government. Max gives up on it because it doesnt work. I think the movie plays in the crucial period in wich central authority still exists formaly but not effectivelly. People still live in the cities and towns an perform the traditional roles. On the other hand the decay of social organization is obvious. In the second movie all this disapeared. That´s why I see it as the end of a civilization and the fall into anarchy and barbarism.
Carpe jugulum.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

You just can't stop arguing.. We finished this arguement.

And Starwars is hailed as one of the alltime great films.. While I don't think Ewoks are particularly logical, i still love the films. Waterworld does't need to be logical to be fun. It's just an entertaining film with guns violence and a ruined half-tribal civilisation.. like... Fallout? Fallout has it's little lumps of civilisation.. But the night of the fire etc, that is all semi-mythical to those born after the war, they think of it almost like 'dryland'.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Can you please take whatever you wrote and make sense out of it?

Thanks.
Rev
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rev »

I like the Mad Max movies the 1st one was a bit slow in places but over all it was ok. The books way better though.
Our Host!