GameSpy interviews music guy in TEAM CHUCK

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

GameSpy interviews music guy in TEAM CHUCK

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/augus ... terview</a> on <A href="http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/augus ... GameSpy</a> about <b><i>Fallout Enforcer</i></b>'s music and stuff. Here's the cool part:
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>GameSpy:</b> It seems like a really unusual choice for a game of this nature, based on an RPG, to have licensed tracks like this.
<br>
<br><b>Gene Emery:</b> That's true, and that is a risk, certainly. But this game is an action game, it's not an RPG game. <u>And you're going to have detractors, who are the real Fallout fans</u>, but I think there's a lot of people out there across America who perhaps don't know about Fallout and will pick this game up and be very satisfied with it, because it is ... an action game. And with action, you need adrenaline.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>You're fuckin'-A right we're the <i>real</i> fans, baby!
<br>
<br>Kind of interesting to see yet another person, one even working on this project, admitting that the <i>real fans</i> are the ones who hate the thing. Makes you wonder about <a href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a>'s brilliant business strategy when even the developers of the project are saying things like this.
<br>
<br>Oh yeah, the rest of it's crap-ola talk about how cool heavy metal music is for this type of game, even though it doesn't fit the setting at all - even though <b>TEAM CHUCK</b> likes to talk about how they're doing justice to <a href="Http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a> in this festering ass boil of a license cash in title.
<br>
<br>Spotted this at <A href="Http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Hmm. Alienate the fans for even though the game looks horrible to them they are still your target audience. What an abso-fuckin-lutely great idea. Good marketing Interplay, its no wonder you guys lost the DnD liscense, now youre screwed. I also find it amusing that they would pick this man of all people to describe the future of game music. I mean, look at him, JUST LOOK AT HIM! Hes looks exactly like one would if one was a game dev trying incredably hard to look like John Romero, and we all know what happened to him.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: GameSpy interviews music guy in TEAM CHUCK

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:this festering ass boil of a license cash in title.
Nice analogy by the way.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Hey, it actually has something in common with Fallout 2! The return of electricity maze puzzles!

Anyone care to speculate on what the fuck these are supposed to be?

As for the interview itself, the guy might honestly believe some of the shit he's spewing up, but giving metal mass-appeal by taking out the vocals? Please.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Section8 wrote:Anyone care to speculate on what the fuck these are supposed to be?
Reskinned Beholders from BG:DA?
------------------
EEVIAC
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EEVIAC »

This was my personal favourite :
What I find generally ... with metal music, is [that] Midwest families and people in general are offended by are the vocals. If you hear it in the soundtrack and it's just the music, you can hear the heavy guitars and it drives the adrenaline and you really get pumped by it. But if you throw that vocal in, your average everyday listener kind of takes a step away. So what we've done with the game, for most of the boss fights it's metal music, but the trick is to take away the vocals. So we had to jump through a lot of hoops, and I had to do a lot of negotiation, a lot of footwork to get all these bands to give us the intrumental versions of all these songs.
Why license a band when you're only going to use a neutered version of their music - could they be any more middle of the road? FO : BOS - the game for people in general.

It pains me to attempt to understand why they would license tracks when any first year sound student, with a week in a studio, could make sound-alikes for about a five thousand dollars, including tape.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

And with action, you need adrenaline? Yeah, right. That'll work perfectly in the BG:DA engine. Your heart will be pumping when you see badly skinned beasties in a top down view and you can autoaim at them with an assortment of unoriginal weapons. *Sigh* go play a shooter already?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Section8 wrote:Anyone care to speculate on what the fuck these are supposed to be?
I'd say they represent the crabs Chucky gave the Fallout world when he ass-raped it.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Adrenaline on the console with a top down auto aim shooter? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

eediots.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Chuck should go back to selling oranges.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: hey

Post by Strap »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Chuck should go back to selling oranges.
All these pears make me want to barf.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

This music guy does seem to acknowledge that no-one with a mental age above 10 will actually enjoy this game, and the original FO fan community are likely to burn chuck at the stake...

Perhaps he could be swayed to our cause? $50 to stab chuck with a biro?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

He could make more money getting up on a stage and letting everyone throw tomatos at him for $5 a pop.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Re: hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Strapon2 wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Chuck should go back to selling oranges.
All these pears make me want to barf.
that went over your head

swoosh
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Absymally idiotic garbage removed again.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Y'know i'm only around 14% of the off-topic junk you get in these posts... You needn't pick on me so often ;)
warhog4ever
SDF!
SDF!

Post by warhog4ever »

Damn bastards are tearing the game up the ass.

On a better note: I just introduced my little brother to Fallout yesterday. He's always known about it, but he created his first character last night...

Everyone cheer! *muted cheers*
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

What I find generally ... with metal music, is [that] Midwest families and people in general are offended by are the vocals
As if Midwest families aren't offended by half naked women and over the top violence.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: GameSpy interviews music guy in TEAM CHUCK

Post by VasikkA »

And you're going to have detractors, who are the real Fallout fans, but I think there's a lot of people out there across America who perhaps don't know about Fallout and will pick this game up and be very satisfied with it, because it is ... an action game.
Why the fuck name it Fallout then?
Simlife
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Simlife »

Amazing.

It's like they cruise forums like this to see if any nasty feedback has been posted. Lets face it, it's not for research.

Again the publisher Ocean springs to mind when they released a game for nearly every big movie shown in the late 80s to the 90s before comming to a sticky end.

Chuckie realy needs to put a leash on his team and what they say (For obvious digs at "real fans") and Interplay needs to do the same to Chuckie, will the flaming ever stop?

Any one got a release date?
Our Host!