Fucking carnival contests are rigged.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Fucking carnival contests are rigged.

Post by Hammer »

Anybody ever play those "Do blablabla and win a prize!" contests on the board walk? Do you ever win?

I went to a carnival last night and came across a game where you have to shoot down 3 empty soda cans with a cork gun from about 5 yards, I figured I know how to handle pistols of all sorts so I'd easily win that signed Steeler's football. Hah I was fucking wrong. I put down $3 and got 3 corks, took aim at the dreaded Pepsi can and fired, the cork fires so fucking high it never even came close to a can. The 2nd shot I took shot extremely low, so when I tried to compensate for the gun shooting high that didn't work either. 3rd shot hit the soda can but did not knock it off. The bitch behind the counter is like "Oh! better luck next time, you can try again for just $3!" so I said "No you communist, this fucking thing is rigged, the cork hit that damn can and it didn't fall!" The bitch, clearly stunned told me it is a game of chance and that when you actually do win it makes it all the more satisfying, at that time the only thing that would have satisfied me is to have pulled out my real pistol and shot her in the face.

Has anybody else experienced near impossible contests that charge absurd fees just to play? If so share your results.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

At the ammusement park that I go to sometimes, the games are not really rigged... but you you know that even if you win, you are getting scammed out of you're money because that stuffed animal costs way less than $1. And that fact is reinforced when your swing it around and its arm rips off only minutes after you "won" it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Many carnival shooting things are meant to be 'rigged', that way people like Hammer have no better chance of winning than Joe Loser & carnies don't have to worry about Joe Loser being scared off because things are 'unfair'. Guns are horribly unaccurate and stuff like that. I actually saw an article in the Globe and Mail this morning about that subject. Sucks dunnit?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

the point in these delusive games is to gain profit, not to amuse people. The guns provided usually have terrible delflection due to deliberate manipulation.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Of course they're rigged you silly man. The only ones that arn't rigged are the ones where you get the shitty prizes that break in five minutes. Bloody carnies.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Yeah, small hands you know.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Its like the Simpsons episode where Homer battles the carnies! Damn bastards.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

Yeah, carnival games are rigged. Who doesn't know that ?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

At the "Great" State Fair of Oklahoma, there's a game where you use blow darts to hit balloons..Well..Dart guns..It's fucking sweet.

The darts generally bounce off the balloons, though. The bigger the balloon, the better chance you have of popping it...You know..The stretched out latex thing...

I figured this out with my second dollar...Won a big ass playboy bunny plaque...My girlfriend (at the time) made me give it away. Stupid bitch.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

I like to shoot people in the face too when they're just doing their job and I voluntarily pay them for something. Games are sometimes rigged but not really "Rigged". The bottles etc. are usually heavier than their real world counterparts.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Are you standing up for carnies? Do you come from circus folk?
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: Fucking carnival contests are rigged.

Post by Alphawulf »

Hammer wrote:The bitch, clearly stunned told me it is a game of chance and that when you actually do win it makes it all the more satisfying, at that time the only thing that would have satisfied me is to have pulled out my real pistol and shot her in the face.
A game of chance would be illegal gambling, I think you mean a game of "Skill". No I'm not a carnie, I just don't think carnies should be shot for doing their job, they do the same thing many other people do in their jobs, they try to convince you to pay for something when you had no intention to pay for it in the first place.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

From his description, alphawulf, it sounds like it had more to do with chance than skill.
Literacy is overated.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the lottery is illegal then? THIS IS VERY BIZARRO M8
:chew:
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I like to shoot people in the face too when they're just doing their job and I voluntarily pay them for something.
When their job includes being an annoying fuck I especially enjoy shooting them in the face.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: Fucking carnival contests are rigged.

Post by Yossarian »

Hammer wrote: "No you communist, this fucking thing is rigged, the cork hit that damn can and it didn't fall!"
This is private enterprise for you.

Just kidding.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

She was wearing a red shirt so I bet she was a stinkin' commie.
Darrenmckee
Regular
Regular
Location: On a beach in spain with a beautifal woman on my lap.

Post by Darrenmckee »

I was at a carnival when i was on holiday in spain and me and my cousin found a pool table that you must pay to play.We had a few games when i noticed that the thing you put money in was rather loose so i pulled it open and stole the basket which catchs the money.There was about 30 quid in it when we took it.Serves those bastards right for rigging all of those games.
IRA all the way fuck the queen and the UDA we are the Bhoys from south of the border so fuck the queen and the orange order.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Hammer wrote:Everyone in red is a goddamned commie french asshat bastard.
:oops: uh-oh.

Amusement park gmes are gay. They're all rigged.

My face as I continue to uselessly spend money:
:lol: - :D - :) - :o - :? - :cry: - :( - :x - :evil: - :badgrin: - Image TakingBackMyMoney.gif
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

What's a quid? Is that like 30? The only game I like is the dart game, and the bottle game, cause I figured those out, also the dart game is easy fosheezy.
Our Host!