I'm Stuck!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
MMZ>twinkie
SDF!
SDF!

I'm Stuck!

Post by MMZ>twinkie »

I am having a problem on the very first map at the bunker right before you go into the area that looks like the old basketball court.

I've killed the guy and looted him but every time I try to open the door to go through it says it's blocked!

How do I get around this? Am I forgetting to do something or have I done something wrong already?

Please help!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Move your team mates out of the way and then try opening the door. If it still says it's blocked try repositioning your character to the right of the doorway.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i don't even think that bodys block doors in FOT.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Strapon2 wrote:i don't even think that bodys block doors in FOT.
Some of the larger opponents do. (Not saying which one to avoid spoilers.)

However, someone standing in the door's path other than the character opening it will block a door. The character opening it is considered ethereal to the door, so it can move through him/her/it.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

ah, i get it.

whenever i think of doors opening in FOT i think of this one custom map (forgot the name/maker) where a bunch of hostages try to leave this room but every one of them opens the door at once and they kept slamming it on eachother's faces. took 5 minutes for the to get it open.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Strapon2 wrote:whenever i think of doors opening in FOT i think of this one custom map (forgot the name/maker) where a bunch of hostages try to leave this room but every one of them opens the door at once and they kept slamming it on eachother's faces. took 5 minutes for the to get it open.
Heh, that sounds like my Deathclaw Desert Ch1, although I'm pretty sure I playtested that event thoroughly to make sure they don't do that...

...wait a sec... I'm pretty sure I used a trigger to open the door (and stay open) so the hosties don't need to open it themselves.
Strapon2 wrote:whenever i think of doors opening in FOT i think of this one custom map (forgot the name/maker) where a bunch of hostages try to leave this room but every one of them opens the door at once and they kept slamming it on eachother's faces. took 5 minutes for the to get it open.
WASN'T ME!!!

EDIT: Only entities can block doors. Tiles cannot. However, I've noticed that some "rug" tiles can make the door not open (don't get a "blocked" message though) if the opener is standing on the rug. Only sometimes, though, and it's easily remedied :D
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
MMZ>twinkie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MMZ>twinkie »

Thanks a bunch guys, I'll try that tonight when I get home.

You guys rock soooo much! ;)
Our Host!