First of all, I appologize...

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

LH Forum? Yay or Nay

Poll ended at Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:45 am

Put up a Lionheart forum!!
20%
Take a hike Franz...
40%
What's Lionheart? My only connection to reality is DAC News, and I never hear about it there!
40%

Total votes: 5

Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

First of all, I appologize...

Post by Franz Schubert »

Having said that: Why isn't there a Lionheart forum? I vaguely remember somewhere along the line the admins stopped posting news, but think of it this way: You have a FO:BOS forum... and there's no way that game is going to have ANY redeeming quality, while Lionheart might actually be entertaining.

Anyway, Lionheart is MUCH closer to Fallout than FO:BOS is, since the only thing that has in common with Fallout is the name (oh yeah, and you can sleep with whores).
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

There was a lionheart forum. DaC stop covering it though.

kthxby
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Dear everyone,

Forums++ = BAD. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

DarkUnderlord.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

There used to be a Lionheart forum here. However, two important things happened. One, RPGCodex opened and Saint started doing news there and thus stopped posting LH news here at DAC. Two, Killzig and Kreegle realized they don't care enough about Lionheart to host a forum for it.

So if you want to say something about Lionheart, go to RPGCodex.

</pimp>
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I care about Lionheart - I think Cabal is a nice guy, and the game sounds interesting, so I'm looking forward to its release... but the fact is, DAC is primarily a Fallout / Post-apocalyptic site, and Lionheart is neither of those. Try RPGCodex for Lionheart stuff - you'll make Proverbius happy.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Kreegle wrote:I care about Lionheart - I think Cabal is a nice guy, and the game sounds interesting, so I'm looking forward to its release... but the fact is, DAC is primarily a Fallout / Post-apocalyptic site, and Lionheart is neither of those. Try RPGCodex for Lionheart stuff - you'll make Proverbius happy.
Ok, thanks, I'll check out RPGCodex...

But about Cabal, ok sure he's a nice guy but right now I'm in an argument with him about stupid dialogue icons... You can check out the thread that I hijacked here.

Read the first two posts (the second one is Cabal), then skip to my first post, because that's where it gets interesting again. Please add your thoughts to it if you feel like backing me up :)

Be warned though: They don't understand about sarcasm. This morning I made the mistake of using sarcasm on those boards, and while I was at work today, about 5 guys replied wondering about contradictions in my post lol.

EDIT: My username there is Wanderer.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Franz_Schubert wrote:Read the first two posts (the second one is Cabal), then skip to my first post, because that's where it gets interesting again. Please add your thoughts to it if you feel like backing me up :)
Lionheart has gone Gold. I doubt any changes are going to be made. The option does sound a bit retarded though. I'd have thought dialogue is pretty obvious. I wonder if you can just ignore reading the text and just click on the assciated icon that says "Quest" for each speech option.

There's also the point that it takes away from the thinking and some of the interaction. No need to worry about dialogue as you know what to say (I bet it doesn't even depend on the speech skill).
Cabal wrote:We also flag responses that will lead to quest discussions i.e. "Tell me about your strange dilmena" with quest icons.
Why do they need moron indicators? "Tell me about your strange dilemma" pretty much screams QUEST!! as loudly as you can. Let's add an icon for teh re+/\rds!!1!!
Franz_Schubert wrote:Be warned though: They don't understand about sarcasm.
No, most of that lot don't. It especially doesn't help that one of the regular retards (Doomsayer) started the ball rolling.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!