Best Death Sequence

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
HarveyPooka
SDF!
SDF!

Best Death Sequence

Post by HarveyPooka »

Well, a little morbid - but hey, the Wasteland is...

Whats the best death sequence in Fallout?
OR
When you sniper/burst mode someone, how do you want them to die?

I've always like the bit when you shoot a raider, and half his stomach blows out. I'm a sicko at heart.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
Groucho Marks.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

It's gotta be the torso explosion, with the gun that sounds like a cannon.

BOOM! and then you can hear the little rain of flesh hit the floor.

YOU KNOW HE FELT THAT ONE
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I love the one where the body dances in the rhythm of lead for a while... You usually get it when you fire a burst weapon at a close range. Pretty.
mrhandy 2.0
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by mrhandy 2.0 »

I like the way lou tenant and the overseer bite it.

But I agree with Kashluk - the burst mode dance of death is a site to behold. I never get tired of it.

The flame thrower death is pretty scary. The first time I saw it was in Necropolis when one of the muties fried poor Ian. It was kind of surreal to later read in the Fallout 2 manual about how Ian died that way in the game story too.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I like the special death animation when the Lou dies. A bit over the top, but amusing. B)
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I'm fond of the one you get sometimes with the combat shotgun. It blows away an arm as well as half the chest, and you can see a couple of white ribs sticking out. Then, the victim falls to their knees and then face down on the ground. It's fun.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

getting super criticals with the flamer is really great, because they "slide" (dance while on fire) until they hit something to stop them. once i had them go for at least a whole screen length.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Yeah, my favourite is the small guns critical death, the exploding chest. lol it's always fun to shoot someone right in the eyes and watch their chest explode. My thoughts on that, it must be a little known "explode reflex" that getting shot in the eyes triggers. Hehehe. It's still awesome.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i like the smashing with the sledge hammer and having that same right side of their chest/arm blow off. i can just immagion the sledge crushing through them and taking all their guts with with it...
(exept you would be hitting them in the eyes ;))
PIPBoy2161
Regular
Regular

Post by PIPBoy2161 »

my favorite is still ( with bloody mess on) to go up to a rat and punch it, and it get a critical hit, then the rat just explodes :D pretty amusing

Franky's death was ok but the overseer and luey still beat him
Image Redding miners diggin' for gold! :)
Dramuck
SDF!
SDF!
Location: No matter where I leave, my absence will be good company.

Post by Dramuck »

My favorites are Lous's death, which is rewarding to watch, and death by flamethrower. I remember playing the FO1 demo a long time ago and blowing one of the guard's heads off, leaving the rest of the body intact. That never happened to me in FO1 (or FO2) at all, so I sometimes wonder if that animation was only for the demo.
"When you are tea-bagging Miss Hoover do you suffer from testicular torsion? Do you sometimes accidentally find yourself drinking Drano when you could have sworn that you reached for the Pepto-Bismol? If you do you are a f*cking idiot." - Quote from a friend
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Dramuck wrote:My favorites are Lous's death, which is rewarding to watch, and death by flamethrower. I remember playing the FO1 demo a long time ago and blowing one of the guard's heads off, leaving the rest of the body intact. That never happened to me in FO1 (or FO2) at all, so I sometimes wonder if that animation was only for the demo.
waaa? can you still download the demo? i want to see if this is true.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Yeah go to interplay.com
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Yeah, I downloaded it, but the hit in the eyes % of success is only 19 at best. Damnit I've GOT to see that happen if it's true.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

same, i dont think its true... only because why wouldnt they have it in the final game?
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Well, the final game did fill up more or less the entire cd. I was thinking about that myself... it's possible they nixed some of the animations to save space. Likely, even. The animations are gigantic, size wise, and in number. All the sprites from a single character in Fallout 2 take up... oh I think it was near, or more than, 10 megs... I ripped a bunch of them from the dat files when i was making a Fallout flash game a while back. (Never got finished, heh... oh well). But yeah, if they were running low on room for the final product, they could have taken it out?
On that subject... is there any dat reader that'll go into the demo datfile? And if not, how hard would it be to make one and get all those files out? Sure could be interesting...
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

cant you use zip/rar/ace thing to extract .dat files? or was that only for FOT?
Dramuck
SDF!
SDF!
Location: No matter where I leave, my absence will be good company.

Post by Dramuck »

Since I seem to have started a thing here, I believe I owe an explanation. Yes, it did happen, but I need to say that it only happened to me ONCE, and I’ve played the demo only twice (installed from a PC Gamer disk). And both of those times were way back in 1997. For those of you looking to see for yourself I believe, if memory serves correctly, that it was a burst shot, not a targeted one, which caused the animation. I can’t explain why it didn’t appear in the final game, but then again a lot of things didn’t make it to the final game, so there is that possibility. For those of you who are trying and can’t get it to happen, and aren’t able find anyone who has seen it happen, well, I apologize.
"When you are tea-bagging Miss Hoover do you suffer from testicular torsion? Do you sometimes accidentally find yourself drinking Drano when you could have sworn that you reached for the Pepto-Bismol? If you do you are a f*cking idiot." - Quote from a friend
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I do believe I have that PC Gamer version around still too... time to go on a hunt for the missing demo disk! Maybe that version's different than the website one? hehehehe...
Mohrg6sic6
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mohrg6sic6 »

I love the Lt. death scene, but I also like crits with the Plasma Rifle and when they get completely cut in half buy a Gatling Laser...

Mohrg :evil:
Last edited by Mohrg6sic6 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our Host!