Editor Problem

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
latin85
SDF!
SDF!

Editor Problem

Post by latin85 »

Hi everybody,it is my first post here but please,answer:
I have the following problem with the map editor for fallout 2:When I try to make it start an error message appears saying "unable to find/load text fonts".What does it mean?I have tried reinstalling the game and the editor is placed in the same folder of the original game so I really don't know why it doesn't work.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

I think you may have to unpack both the .dat files in to the files named master.dat and critter.dat.

(You know like unpack the master.dat file in to the folder named master.dat and the critter.dat file into the critter.dat folder)

Get a .dat unpack from here

http://www.duckandcover.net/fallout2/modtools.php

Watch out the master file is <b>BIG!</b>

Note: If you don't have a master.dat or critter.dat folder then just wait until some one else like red posts.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

This problem is when the mapper can't find the fallout data files- to fix it, add

critter_dat=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\critter.dat
critter_patches=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\data
master_dat=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\master.dat
master_patches=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\data

to the [system] section of mapper2.cg (with 'H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\' replaced by whatever your Fallout2 directory actually is, of course.) and I believe that should fix it for you..

(You might also want to take a look at this thread- it provides a good walkthrough/explanation of how to get the editor set up and ready to use.)
Our Host!