Duck and Cover Forum Index

  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Children of Shadows Campaign View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 5411
Location: Coney Island

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mordecai clenches ethe rock tightly in his hand, steps back, and locks his gaze on the pairs of eyes in the shadows. At the same time, he waves the lit torch around to cast light about the room and dispel the shadows.

Andrew, he says curtly, there seem to be some rats down here, and two very dead metal-beasts.
View user's profileSend private message
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon circles around the room, hoping to force the dog out of the room. Duriel, that dog that got away is in here. I'm going to try and scare it out of here. So watch out! he says in a loud voice.

Inching closer around the walls, towards the cabinet, with his axe at the ready.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The dog bares his teeth and growls but doesn' t seem to get up. Luckily you manage to get to the cabinet safely, the wounded dog still very near, eyeing your every move. Then suddenly he lies his head on his front paws and howls softly, admitting defeat.


Swinging around your torch seems to distract the rats, not acustomed to that much light. One of them though, the size of a big, fat cat, manages to scuttle at an alarming speed towards you. Luckily his small jaws, filled with razorsharp teeth, miss your leg by an inch.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-Need a helpfull hand, Mordecai? says Andrew preparing his crowbar...(He does not see what his mate is doing but hears his voice).
-I'm ready to came down to you if you need me there...Or to help you get back up here if you need it!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon begins to search the cabinet, keeping an eye upon the dog.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm back, waitng without patience for the next part of our adventure...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm back, too.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon hastily searches the cabinet, still keeping a watchfull eye on the wounded dog. Inside the cabinet he finds a small green bundle of cloth with a red cross on it. When you discard the cloth it exposes a small metal kit with a red cross on it. There' s bandages and such on the inside, a scalpel, a small scissor,.... There are also 2 liquid-filled syringes lieing around in the cabinet. They look like some you found earlier, so you put them togheter with the other stimpacks.



Meanwhile, below surface, Mordecai is getting a hard time with some of the small vicious rodent inhabiting the dark. The bigger vermin seems to have found a weak spot in Mordecais defence and bites his anckle real hard. [Mordecai = 5 damage] In retaliation Mordecai swings around with his staff, hitting the agressor merely and unfortunatly doing no damage. By this time the rats he scared away earlier, close in as if attracted by the smell of fresh blood. With high-pitched squeals they storm towards their prey. 1, 2, 3, 4,.... There' s 4 of them. All try to get into the melee but only one of them manages to land his teeth in your leg. [Mordecai= 2 damage]
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon sidles along the wall to get out of the room, trying not to provoke an attack from the dog.

Outside, he heads towards a new building to explore.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Andrew is catching glimpses of battle noises and strange squeaks made by somme animals (maybe)....
-Hey! What's happenning in there! Mordecai!
Still undecided, Andrew waits for his mate to respond...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 5411
Location: Coney Island

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mordecai thrashes around to knock the rats off, trying to give them a good, solid whack with his staff when given the oppurtunity. Sweet holy spirits, Andrew! I'm being eaten alive by vermin down here! he yells.
View user's profileSend private message
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-Hold on! I'm comming! says Andrew jumping trough the hatch with the crowbar in his right hand. He runs towards Mordecai prepared to hit anything hostile in his path. He will try to position himself as near as Mordecai as possible and will swing his crowbar delivering untargeted hits to the nearest rat. Depending on the succes of his blows he wil continue the atack or try to retreat helping Mordecai to retreat too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dan, there aren' t any more buildings left to explore. You could cleansweep all the little rooms in the previous building but there' s also a small staircase leading up from that building towards an iron ladder that goes upwards towards the elevator shaft on top of the large building.

While Mordecai thrashes around, Andrew closes in on the big rodent and lands a low blow with the crowbar on its front paws. Small bones seam to crack and the giant rat seems to halt its attack as it is severly dazed by the pain caused by the blow. For Mordecai this was all he needed and his staff descends vertically downwards, impacting on the critters head, breaking it like a ripe melon. Splash!
The four lesser rats are still clawing and biting around; one manages to jump up Andrews right leg and lands his teeth firmly right above the kneecap. Andrew= 2 damage Mordecai seems to be a bit favoured by the nature spirits at the time, as two of his agressors fail to find an oppening in his defence and the last rat critically hurts himself.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon decides to go up to the top of the large building. Duriel, lets go up there. He points to the elevator shaft. Okay with you?
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Andrew continues to hit the closest rat, now that the bigest threat is eliminated. He thinks that the two of them can dispose of the remaining rats without problems.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While Talon and Duriel climb up Mordecai and Andrew unleash a whirlstorm of blows onto the rodents. Andrew manages to knock a rat back into the darkness with a low but clean swing while Mordecai pins a smaller rat to the floor when the butt of his staff breaks the creatures spine. The other two rats decide the odds are against them and make haste to scuttle away back again into the darkness.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-Ufff!... That was close! says Andrew sweeping the sweat from his forehead...
-We must keep the eyes wide open on those creatures ... maybe they will comme back with somme friends... Let's find out what's around here... Andrew searches the room carefully lookig for any object that may be usefull as a leader or for any other pourpose....He will stay away from objects that he won't recognize and will ask Mordecai to evaluate his findings...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 5411
Location: Coney Island

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All right, now that the rats are gone... Mordecai takes a look at Andrew (for wounds) and then takes a good look around (smacking any rodents he comes across, of course.)
View user's profileSend private message
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon, as he reaches the top of the building, looks around for tracks. I think the others came this way.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 120
Location: Transylvania Romania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OOC
What's happening? Can we move on?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group