Children of Shadows Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Hans will either take a bow or a axe. Then he reaches over and takes a bow. Then he remembers the leather bag holding the arrows.

I guess I took the last bow? And there is one axe left?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon reaches for the sling, and smiles, well at least I don't have to worry about making arrows.

He also takes the waterskin with belt, a set of flint stones, and a slingbag. After gathering his gear, Talon takes it back to his tent and sets his stuff down, then he heads out to find ammo for his sling, returning before dark.

After returning, he arranges his equipment, puting the snares in the slingbag, along with the torch, flint stones. Then he puts the sling ammo he collected in a pocket (or tribal equivalent) for easy access. Lays out the wulfhide armor and his sling bag and waterskin for the morning.

Calal, I need to know how many stones I found for my sling. Also, the sling is to be my primary weapon, with the stone knife as my backup/melee weapon. I only wanted to collect around 30 suitable stones for the sling.

Afterwards, Talon decides to rest and meditate till bed time, then sleeps. In the morning he gets up and puts on the wulfhide armor, the sling bag, and water skin, then arranges his knife and sling, and proceeds to the Chiefs home to await the others.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
tinuveri
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tinuveri »

ill take an axe and a torch if thats O.K.my axe is primary and knife is secondary

"thanks Dill,see you guys later!"

if i dont post ill be away on holiday so ill follow the group and do what they do
ты говориш говно
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

All right, now that everyone's geared up (I really don't need anything beyond a waterskin) are we ready to go?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Yep!

MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

Guess so...
This is a signature ...
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

So Calal on vacation?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Could be, he hasn't been online in a while.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Sorry guys, I had to attend band rehearsel for a few days and I forgot to mention it to you all.

The following morning you all gather at Darran' s place where Arlen serves you all once again some food and drinks. The two Davlin tribe members are nowhere to be seen around. Both Darran and Dungald are sitting at the table, awaiting your arrival.

Dungald steps up to Mordecai and speaks: I' m a little disapointed that you didn' t answer my call yesterday, as I wanted to teach you a little that could' ve been usefull on your journey. But I see this dream of yours has been troubleing you not to say the least. So I' ll go easy on you. He forces a smile and hands you 2 Bags of Healing Powder. Make sure you don' t need these. Oh, and I almost forgot..... this is for you too. He hands you an amulet with a bone wolfhead and two redish feathers. This is the shamans tribe amulet. With this you will be regarded as an equal by all shamans from the Nevis tribes. Wear it with pride, my son, and consider your apprentice training complete. May Old Nevis and the Earth Mother guard over you. Having said this he walks towards the exit but then turns once more to all of you.

May they guard over all of you my children. With this he leaves.

Only a moment later Dill arrives. Chief Darran, I' ve braught the items you requested for the offering and the towsleds to transport them.

Good
, says Darran. So my proud warriors, are you ready to begin your journey?
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Hans makes sure he has everything and gets ready to leave.Yes I am ready,Hans leaves the hut for some fresh air and awaits his fellow tribesmen.
halberd_john
SDF!
SDF!

Post by halberd_john »

Uhm, Erm, Uhh...Is it too late to join?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon just gives a curt nod.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Darran leads you all out as you pick up the towsleds. The Burton tribe lies two to three days from here to the south. Be carefull out there.

As you walk down the path, you can see fellow tribesmen and children wave at you and wishing you good luck. Your journey has begun.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Good, says Mordecai, now we shall walk this path and fin the Burton tribe... he nods at the well-wishers and briskly walks past them out into the wasteland, roughly in the direction of the Burton tribe as he was told.

Time to see what this Burton tribe is made up of....
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon follows checking the terrain, and keeping an eye out for danger.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Behind the settlement lies a huge lake with a blueish-green water where your fellow tribesmen fish to support the tribe with food. The landscape is dotted with green hills, containing rocky outcrops. A small pathway leads to the south, bringing you deeper into the hills and as you follow it the Dougal tribe seems to shrink behind you. After an hour or two it has vanished from your sight.

The first day passes and you make camp in a somewhat sheltered location near the path. You gather some wood to make a fire to protect you from the cold at night but also to frighten unwanted feral visitors. In the distance a Wulf howles.

When you inspect the offerings Dill braught to you, you notice a large bag that contains some dried fish and 5 large flat breads.

Should I continue or give you some time to do stuff?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I would say continue until there is something to do. Camping is just normal stuff.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Ok then, it' s just that I drove my normal roleplaying groups to the point of paranoia by throwing random lethal encounters at them at night. That and never having a guard when you make camp in a haunted, monster infested forest. :badgrin:

The next 2 days you travel south with nothing noteworthy happening.

When you cross the last hill it is early noon and before you lies a valley, shadowed by the pressence of a large hill, Old Ben Nevis, the sleeping giant. Inside the valley there' s a settlement, rather a small village, since all houses and dwellings are errected in scavenged stone and other materials. Plumes of smoke apear out of holes in the roofs and many people seem to be bussy. Sounds of laughter, merrymaking and artisans reach you as you draw nearer.

To the east of the village lies a tent encampement, outside the small wooden pallisade that encircles the Burton tribe. On the sole tower near the entrance you see a figure waving at you, then putting a horn against it' s lips and blowing it. Your arrival has been noticed.

A delegation of 5 men steps up to you. 3 of them carry spears. A tall man with long red manes walks up to you and holds out his arms. I am Erin, chief of the Burton tribe. Welcome to our settlement Dougal brothers.

A young boy with the same redish hair hides behind him.
And this is Jors, my son. He will lead you to your tents.

Now that all tribe representatives have arrived it will be a splendid Nu-yeer feast. You' re all staying I hope? It' s only 2 days away.
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Hans is dumbfounded by the huge welcoming and is happy about finally reaching the Burton tribe.Thank you Erin, the welcoming is greatly appreciated.

I assume we stay?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon, usually quiet, nods assent to staying.

We may get more clues to what we are to do here.

Our Host!