Duck and Cover Forum Index

  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Children of Shadows Campaign View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has been many many moons now since the Ancient scorched the Earth Mother. How it came to this Great Cleansing we don' t know exactly. But passed down lore does tell us that there must have been to many people for the Mother to feed at that time.
Great pillars of fire fell down from the sky, lightning storms filled the horizon, magical fogs and spirits that caused pain to all flesh, roamed the lands and huge beasts battled eachother, unleashing thunder as they howled.
It was a time of chaos and despair, as brother turned onto brother, untill there were none more left. For the ancients were known as artificers of a great many wonders at that time, but also as proud and warlike people, always hungering for more power.

But although she had been hurt by her own children, the Earth Mother felt lonely without them. So with the help of the dormant giant, great Nevis, she gave once again birth to 60 men and 84 women and asked Nevis to guard over them. And so he did.
He hid the men and women in his belly, where they would be safe from harm, and provided them with food, nurturing them for the harsh times to come, when they would have to leave his comfort and brave a new world, making an existence on their own.

So they stayed with Nevis, sometimes sending someone to see how Mother was doing, untill he was no longer capable to feed them all. While some started to talk about heading east and north others wanted to stay and guard Nevis like he had guarded them.
And Mother smiled upon her children and gave them fertile ground and game in abundance. There was a great feast and those who decided to leave said their goodbyes. Those who remained chose 9 leaders and adopted their names and settled the surrounding lands.
And thus were created the Nevis tribes.



Speech on the creation of the Nevis Tribes by Sharlen Red Spear at the feast of Nu-yeer.

No posting... yet.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A new dawn, the village awakens. Your fellow tribesmen conduct their everyday choirs and bussiness, greeting you cheerfully as you pass. A gentle breeze touches your face and brings with it the smell of baked food as you walk past the houses.

The center of the village is dominated by two larger buildings, both with straw roofs and rebuild with local rubble and stones. The square building is the house of the local shaman while the round one is the chieftain' s home and the communal hall when counsil is needed.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 34
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hans suddenly wakes up startled with beads of sweat running down his face. He takes a few seconds to look around and orient himself with the surroundings. Phew, it's only home he says to himself. The dream he had scared him which is quite rare.
Hans slowly gets up and scratches his head, and proceeds to put on his hunting clothes. Maybe a trip to the shaman wouldn't hurt. That dream was far too wierd. He then begins heading towards the shamans hut.

Yay we started icon_mrhappy
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 5411
Location: Coney Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mordecai wakes up, bolting upright inside his small, crudely made tent. His face is white with fear. He then whispers to himself, cutting into the eerie silence. That same dream, again. For the fourth night in a row it has occurred. I will seek enlist Dungald at once. Perhaps he can clear up this mystery.
Mordecai grabs his nearby staff, picks himself up off of the ground, and exits to the tents, proceeding to Dungald immediately.
View user's profileSend private message
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon barely stifles a scream. He sits up and thinks about his dream. He touches the claw about his throat. This dream is of importance, especially with my totem in it! Talon gets out of his sleeping mat. Dungald, he thinks, got to see him. Talon strides out of his tent to the shaman's house.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 34
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So are we going to wait until everyone leaves their room or can our individual characters reach the shamans house at their own time?

Hans continues on his way to the shamans house passing by a couple of his friends and stopping to talk to small children.

What a good day...I wonder what it has in store!
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah, they' ll have to catch up. icon_mrhappy

After some more greetings you reach Dungald' s place. It' s a square brick building with a low straw roof and a single dooropening in the front. As you close on the house you hear some muffled noise on the inside, due to the doorrag that covers the opening. When lifting the doorrag you see a young man dressed in plain robes arranging books on some shelfs. He takes no notice of you and keeps humming a mary tune. This is Willard One-eye, the shaman' s son and heir of his teachings. He lost his right eye some years back in a wolf attack during a pilgrimage towards Old Nevis.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon enters the room.

Willard. I must see your father. I've the need to consult him upon some strange dreams I've had for the last four nights.

Talon looks a little embarassed. He hasn't spoken so many words, in such a short time, for a long time. :oops:

Can you let him know that I'm here? :doubt:
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The shaman' s house is quite spacious for a village dwelling but shows some severe burnmarks on the walls. All sort of straw-filled sacks are littered over the floor and various racks and shelfs contain some cardboard books, strange herbs, bones and other shamanistic attributes.
Well Talon,Willard replies, my father went to see the chieftain, although I don' t know what it was all about.

He turns towards the others. Are you all here to see him? Like I said; he is over at Darran' s place. Now get out please, the children will arrive soon for their classes. Unless you want to join or help me out a bit cleaning this mess?

Oh, Mordecai, father asked me to tell you to come at high-noon for some arrangements about Nu-yeer.

Having said this he waves you all out and continues his work.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon, leaves with the others. He bacme a hunter to avoid cleaning jobs in the first place. Outside, he follows the others to the chieftain's lodgings. This time he decided to let someone else speak first.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Posts: 26
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wakes up. This was the fort night in the row he had this dream. Now its time to see the Shaman. When he reaches and enters the shamans hut he sees Talon's there already. He nods towar him and says to Willard I need to speak to the Shaman, Willard. It's urgent. Please let me in.

Coud'nt remember the charater's name, and I don't have it written down anywhere. My only hope of getting it back is Calal.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Willard sighs and ignores you.

You never send me your character' s name, neither did you send your traits. Come on, send it pronto. All I have is your character' s stats, skills and tags.

You all make your way towards the communal hall. Inside there' s a fire burning in a central pit. Arlen, the chief' s wife is bussy making some food. At the large but low table on the right side of the dwelling, are two man conversing. A man with a brown beard and facial tatoo' s is eagerly listening, sipping a drink from his goblet. The other man wears large brown robes, obscuring his face, and wildly gesticulates as he' s speaking.

Arlen sees you enter and smiles. Why, come in. Are you here to see Darran or is it for Dungald? Have a seat. Would you like something to drink?


Last edited by Calal on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Posts: 26
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn. I wrote it, but when i pressed "Send" i got an error. I press "Back", but it was gone. I hoped you got it, but I'm an unluckey guy. Maybe I'll give the char i Jinxed-trait ... smile
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 5411
Location: Coney Island

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am here to see Dungald, and it is a pressing matter, says Mordecai, obligingly sitting down. I will accept your drink, Arlen, thank you he continues. I have been having strange dreams haunt me for the past few nights, and I was wondering if Dungald could perhaps make sense out of them. Where is he?
View user's profileSend private message
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon watches Mordecai talk to Arlen, and nods, Me too.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
tinuveri
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 27 May 2003
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, id like you all to know this, my brother is playing this game, but using my user, so if he does not understand something, dont take it out on me (I play in enclave as marlk) This is his first online game, he will take over on this campaign after this post.
Ryo heads over to the shamans hut to meet the others. It has been quiet so far but what could the dream mean? He will seek the wise words of the shaman.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Arlen serves you all a some bursh, an alcoholic beverage with a little wulfblood in it, quite a common drink around these parts.

They both left this morning at dawn, but they should be coming back any time now. They went fishing at the lake and I sure hope they bring along enough fish because it seems we are having a lot of guests today.

You know, these two men at the other side of the table are from the Davlin tribe. They too came to seek Dungald. I wonder what this all means, so many people seeking advice today. Hopefully this is not a bad omen, I pray by Nevis.
Having said this she returns to her cooking.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Location: Spokane, WA USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talon sits at the table and listens in on the conversation.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 34
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hans moves over slightly so he can hear the conversation from the other tribe members. Maybe he can learn something of use.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 254
Location: City NW-3 suburbs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

.........I' m telling you Jirgen, these are all strange and worrying omens. First there was this white blanket some moons ago, that covered the lands and burned your skin. If I recall it right, the Ancients called it snoohw, and it hasn' t been reported once since our ancestors left Old Nevis' care. And now it seems like the wulf population around our settlement has increased tenfold in some moons time. I' m telling you this ain' t normal, something must have stirred them, something powerfull, sending them up north. Having said that the cloaked man takes another sip from his goblet.

The man with the facial tatoos notices you overhearing their conversation and throws a glance in your direction, observing each and everyone of you one at a time.

At that moment two figures step inside. A man with a red beard and a vest made from wulfhide walks in laughing, this is Darran, the Dougal chief. The other somewhat older man wears long brown robes without a hood, thus revealing his bald but tatooed head. This is Dungald the shaman. He carries a staff with a wulfskull on top to show his rank.

Both walk towards Arlen, still laughing and cheering. Darran grabs Arlen around the waist and gives her a kiss in the neck. Would you throw some of these fish on the fire Arlen. I feel like I could eat all of them. His laughter bellows throughout the hall.

Dungald notices all the people at the table and nods. Darran, I think we have some visitors. Dungald stops laughing and puts up a more serious face. He takes a seat between you and the Davlin tribesmen.

Well, I take you' re all going to stay for a meal, I insist. He throws his head back and starts laughing again. Arlen, make sure our guests have plenty to eat and drink. Darran walks right up to the man with the facial tatoos and embraces him. Jirgen, it' s been a long time. How is the tribe farring? The two of them start exchanging news as they both go sit back down.

Dungald takes a look at all of you and speaks: So, my children, what brings you all here?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group