Children of Shadows - Looking for additional players

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Children of Shadows - Looking for additional players

Post by Calal »

Ok, so I' m going to do this anyway. A campaign which is fairly low-tech in an undisclosed location, with a tribal feel to it.

So if you feel like joining, send me (pm or email) a tribal character created with 2.0 rules. Only thing that' s gonna change is -10 science / +10 outdoorsman.

Those that weren' t able to join in any of the other campaigns will get front row seats.

Cheers.
Last edited by Calal on Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected
Location: In front of his comp or sitting around a table drinking coke

Post by PIPsqueak »

I'd like to play. If its OK, can you reserve a spot for me while I make a character?

Also, can it be a race other than Human? Like a Ghoul tribal? A Mutant tribal? An intelligent Deathclaw tribal?
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of insanity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Is't a forum game?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

Oh yeah, and Calal, can you commit to this game? On the last forum I played a Forum Game where the GM didn't post for weeks on end. In the last few weeks people just stopped posting and the game just died. So if you want to start a game please commit.

This isn't a stab at you or anything. Just a word of advice.

And *is*'t a forum game?
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of insanity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

It' s gonna be a forum game. This way the guys that didn' t get to play in the other ones still have a chance to participate. And it' s gonna be a hell of a lot easier for me to reply (bad english, having to think for hours about how I'm going to reply,... :wink: ).

No offense taken PiP. Sure I can commit to this.

No, only human tribals. Your all young warriors/hunters/healers and the like from the same tribe in a non-US setting. I' m warning you though once more that it might feel somewhat experimental or plain weird at some times. I keep this fairly vague since it' ll add to the atmosphere; you' ll discover more about who, what, when, why and the likes when you progress in the game. There' ll be some new items and critters I' d like to try out too.

Ok, so far I' ve got:

PIPsqueak
Fenix (send me a character)
max 4 more spots
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I'll send you a character in a while Calal, but I'm at school now :P.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

I'll send you one as well. My computer (whre I have my core-rules are somewhere in the mail (just moved back home (from northern Norway to almost southern bit ))), so it'll take some time before i'll send it in. Got to download the core-rules to this machine first. 32.6 kb modem... need I say more?
This is a signature ...
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

I'm afraid I can't send in my char till Friday. I am not able to use a computer because I must study for exams.

So until Friday I can't send in a char. :cry:
tinuveri
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tinuveri »

for a start is there still room? if so is there a rule on how many games you can be in? im in the enclave one, and might be in the vault 8 but if you need more, im more than wiling to play (love this game)
ты говориш говно
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Yeah, if you don't get enough players to suit you, I wouldn't mind joining. But only if you don't get enough, I'm already playing 2 games. I would like to play, but there are others that wanted to play but couldn't get onboard.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

tinuveri wrote:for a start is there still room? if so is there a rule on how many games you can be in? im in the enclave one, and might be in the vault 8 but if you need more, im more than wiling to play (love this game)
Well, if your name' s tinuveri you can only join one game max. :lol:

No, it' s fine. I' ll put your names on the list.
So I' ve got 6 players. Send those characters ASAP.

I' ll start when I' ve got all characters.
Should I continue here or start a new topic?
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

Calal wrote:Should I continue here or start a new topic?
Meh. Whatever. I find it's helpful to have a second string for discussion out of game, but that's just me.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Who is in your game?

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Ok, I' ll make a new topic for the campaign then. Indeed it might be usefull to have an other one, just in case.

So, I' ve got:

*PIPsqueak - Curtis Fletched-Arrow : a stong/silent tribal with an uncanny knack for survival and deadly skill with a spear with a mysterious past.
*Fenix - ? (waiting for char)
*MoRKa - ? (waiting for char)
*Atoga - a shaman that possesses some knowledge of the Ancients? (waiting for char)
*tinuveri - ? (waiting for char)
*danferry - ? (waiting for char)

So send those characters 'cause I won' t be able to start without them.

Cheers
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

Rrrgg hurry hurry. I've just finished the Vault 8 Campaign and I'm itchin' fer s'more hackin'. Hurry it up. Please.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Ok, I' m gonna start this on monday evening (gmt+1) ,so characters that I don' t recieve before that time will join up with the rest a little later in the campaign. You have been warned. ;)

It would also be best if you guys joined the 50' s group since that' s going to be the place where I' ll post maps and the like for the campaign.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I made my character's stats, but I'm really not sure what to name him or what his backstory is, given the unknown setting. Is it ok if I pm you his stats and fill in the story later?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I had a question about equipment. What will we start out with? is there a choice? I tagged sm. guns in the hope that my character can have a bow. If thats not possible, PM me and I'll let you know how I want to change him.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Nono, that' s ok. You all will recieve equipement per tag. So if it' s a bow you want,...

Actually you gain equipement as per role you fullfill in the tribe (translation of your tag skills) so if you are a hunter, you own a bow f.e.
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

My char. is ready :)
This is a signature ...
Our Host!