slow reacting scripts..??

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

slow reacting scripts..??

Post by ColJack »

i've started to figure this scripting thing out, and have made a script for repairing a generator and gettin the lights back on, as well as the map script for the test map..

everything works, it just works slowly sometimes..

what i mean is, i enter the map from another map ( just to make sure it's set up... ) and it is indeed dark..
then o go and repair the generator ( with the help of the hint book to boost my stats for testing.. ) it say's i've repaired it, but the lights sometimes come on right away, other times they can take up to 20 seconds to come on..

( by "lights come on" i mean changing the light level.. )

i know there is a time jump command in there somewhere ( like when reading books, fades to black, then fades back in, advancing the game timer.. ).. would that help.

i think it's something to do with the map_update proceedure.. it only runs every 30 seconds or so..

is there a way to set up a loop in a script that checks a variable once every second??
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

Hmmm...there should be....
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

There is a thread for discussing this in the Fan Fallout Section- No need to split up any discussion that occurs between the two threads.
Our Host!