Lt.Lou Mod

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Lt.Lou Mod

Post by Chrille »

Is it possible to add Lt.Lou as a premade char for Fallout 2* ?
I am not too good at making new critters and such so i wóndered if someone could give me a hand.

*Like the Frank Horrigan mod
---Pain is Temporay, Glory is Forever---
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

That would be cool. Speaking of the horrigan mod, where exactly is his armor in klamath.
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

spyder07 wrote:That would be cool. Speaking of the horrigan mod, where exactly is his armor in klamath.
In Vic´s shack if it´s Smackrazors mod you´re talking about..
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

it is entirely possible to add lou to the game.. but it''s not as easy as cutting and pasting him to the right folders..

the proto's from fallout 1 do not work with fallout 2..

you would need to extract all of his .frm's from the fallout 1 critters.dat, then copy them to the fallout 2 data/art/critter folder.. then alter the critter.lst to includer the artwork.. ( don't ask me how.. i've no idea.. i just know you have to.. ).
THEN.. you need to create a new prototype and set it's artwork to lou's..

there are some restrictions to how usefull lou would be.. since he only has flamer, minigun, and rocket launcher weapon animations.. so will only be able to use these weapons.. ( i'm not even sure if he has unarmed animations.. )
Cosmus
SDF!
SDF!

yeah

Post by Cosmus »

there are some restrictions to how usefull lou would be.. since he only has flamer, minigun, and rocket launcher weapon animations.. so will only be able to use these weapons..
Or it would just show the projectile fly across the screen whn he fired (but it may cause a glitch).
( i'm not even sure if he has unarmed animations..
Sure he does. If you ever got taken there by Harry or... the chick in the Hub's cathedral (it's been a while since I played FO1), he ends up "interrogating" (i.e. punching you to death out of combat) you.
Conquest of the Brotherhood, Fallot 2 mod site.
Fort Max needs Galen back. Then, he'd kill Rodimus and give the Matrix to the REAL Prime.
FBoS is IPLY's excuse to kill puppies.
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

Or it would just show the projectile fly across the screen whn he fired (but it may cause a glitch).
When you try use animation that doesn't exists critter simply get invisible and often kick you out of the game. :cry:
:)
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

I haven't got Fallout 1, but as fas as I know the Lieutenant is a mutant in Power Armor, could someone post a picture of him. (Not the Talking Head)
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

But is there anyone who would be happy to try and make a try? I´m not too good at that you see...
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

But is there anyone who would be happy to try and make a try? I´m not too good at that you see...
Well, I won't be able to get Fallout 1 for at least a few weeks so if anyone sends me all the FRMs for the Lieutenant from the critter.dat as well as the sound effects associated with his sprite (optional) I would be happy to make an attempt. If it works then I might have to change Marcus to use the Lieutenant sprite and will send you back the working patch.
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

Corpse wrote:Well, I won't be able to get Fallout 1 for at least a few weeks so if anyone sends me all the FRMs for the Lieutenant from the critter.dat as well as the sound effects associated with his sprite (optional) I would be happy to make an attempt. If it works then I might have to change Marcus to use the Lieutenant sprite and will send you back the working patch.
Yeah, i´ll see what i can do. In my own "moddingcarrer" i´ve been as succesful at changing the robes-appearence to a Nightkin (like marcus)
But i really miss Lt.Lou..
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Yeah, i´ll see what i can do. In my own "moddingcarrer" i´ve been as succesful at changing the robes-appearence to a Nightkin (like marcus)
But i really miss Lt.Lou..
If you could send me all his animation FRMs that would be great, don't forget also his death scene FRMs as well as any sound effects linked to his animations (they use a similar name to the FRM they correspond to).

My e-mail address is:

Corpse01@optusnet.com.au
Thanks in advance.
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

Corpse wrote:
If you could send me all his animation FRMs that would be great, don't forget also his death scene FRMs as well as any sound effects linked to his animations (they use a similar name to the FRM they correspond to).
Ok, i´ll seee what i can do about it. Can´t promise anything thought. You know computers these days....
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Supposedly Frank Horrigan (on the NMA boards) is working on a Frank Horrigan patch for FO1 - and he added all missing guns to him.

Of course you should take all of Frank Horrigans' statements with a grain of salt.
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

i got fed up with you all faffing about trying to get Lt Lou into fallout 2, so i made his prototype for you...

it's on our site.. in the downloads section..

see the signature for the address..
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

ColJack...

You are a legend man.

Thanks heaps!
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

yep :)
Nice work :wink:
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

ColJack wrote:i got fed up with you all faffing about trying to get Lt Lou into fallout 2, so i made his prototype for you...

it's on our site.. in the downloads section..

see the signature for the address..

Your my savior man!
Our Host!