Fallout Enforcer second preview from E3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout Enforcer second preview from E3

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Preview]</strong>

The second E3 story on <a href="Http://www.interplay.com/fbos" target=_blank>Fallout Enforcer</a> is <a href="http://www.gamesfirst.com/previews/aaro ... ut_bos.htm" target=_blank>ready for reading</a> over at <a href="http://www.gamesfirst.com" target=_blank>Games First</a>. It's pretty funny, since I'm pretty sure the guy is heavily medicated since he mentioned he didn't like <A href="http://www.interplay.com/falloutbos" target=_blank>Fallout Tactics</a>, but claims he liked the demo of <A href="Http://www.interplay.com/fbos" target=_blank>Fallout Enforcer</a>. Oh, and you'll love the Tolkien references in this thing as well.
<br>
<br><blockquote>Just as <u>Baldur?s Gate ditched its turn based combat in favor of a more action oriented fighting system in the transition to Dark Alliance</u>, Fallout waves goodbye to the slow paced, turn-by-turn way of settling personal disputes. In its place is an easy to use locking system that allows you to target different enemies and keep them in sight using your trigger fingers (on the Xbox, at least), and waste them with the weapon of your choosing. If you?re a fan of the franchise, don?t expect the same pace of gameplay as in the past; Brotherhood of Steel has been streamlined for console play, <u>which in some ways means it?s been dumbed down</u>. Yet many things are the same. Brotherhood of Steel promises over 50 different weapons, not counting armor and items, including everything from a rail gun to a portable Gatling gun that dispenses bullets like my old Super-soaker 2000 dispensed water (with a bit more range). It remains to be seen if this will satisfy fans used to the 80+ weapons I counted off-hand in Fallout 2. Still, the graphical effects are cool. At the time, I felt an overwhelming desire to show them off, to share the experience. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>Sorry, Aaron, <a href="http://www.interplay.com/bgate/" target=_blank>Baldur's Gate</a> wasn't turn based at all. At least you know <i>dumbed down</i> when you see it, though!
<br>
<br>Spotted this at <A href="http://www.homelanfed.com" target=_blank>HomeLAN Fed</a>.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

You know something? He is right.

I don't think Fo:PoS will have enough weapons to satisfy us, Fallout fans.
But you can't really tell, they might come up with 400 weapons in the end, making everybody happy.

God, what an idiot.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

So on the first day of E3 this year, I bee-lined for the functioning demo of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for the Xbox, wedged between two displays of Brute Force. I dropped everything I was carrying, even my prized Cat-in-the-Hat transparent mouse I’d picked up at another booth, and dove in. A passing spectator hesitated to watch.

^^^ TOTAL FUCKING LOSER ^^^

Either he's making this entire preview up or he's really just that lame. Actually I KNOW he's making this up because FOBOS didn't have a functioning demo for the public as it was shown on an APPOINTMENT ONLY basis. Great, so your one positive preview for the game is from someone who didn't even play it. Bravo Chuck.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

You know, I think Fallout Tactics would have been so much better with more weapons. There weren't nearly enough weapons that were next to completely useless. The player should have been able to make even more choices of using redundant weapons.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I still want my Deagle!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

There should have been a Zip Gun that shot rockets in FOT.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I think there should have been like 2 weakling SMGs for the n00b characters.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And there were like, what, 20?
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Um yeah, that kid doesn't know what the hell he's talking about in that review :

"Apparently lost upon the world at large, Fallout 2 mixed humor, guns, and a closed-road plot structure to provide an experience that was second-to-none."

Closed-road plot structure? I've never seen anyone describe Fallout 2 as "closed-road". I would have thought that maybe "open-road" would have been better. But... I suppose he could just be stupid. At least I thought so, until he mentioned it again :

"The Fallout series was originally defined by a number of elements; the three on the top of my list besides the weapons are humor, story, and closed-road pathways. Brotherhood’s website promises that the game is "darkly humorous", but can they match the gutsy style of the originals? I can still remember encountering the bridge keeper from Monty Python and the Holy Grail during one of the random encounters of Fallout 2, and the ability to use the "holy hand grenade" as a rather effective weapon."

Interesting how he remembers using the holy hand grenade as a weapon. Sure, there's the patch for it, and sure, he could have cheated to get it, but... I mean... it wasn't actually a part of the real game, since you couldn't access it by any real means. And he mentions closed-road again. Which is just stupid. Argh.... whatever... seems to me like this guy should get hit by a car crossing the street pretty soon, so it doesn't matter.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

SuperH wrote:Interesting how he remembers using the holy hand grenade as a weapon. Sure, there's the patch for it, and sure, he could have cheated to get it, but... I mean... it wasn't actually a part of the real game, since you couldn't access it by any real means. And he mentions closed-road again. Which is just stupid. Argh.... whatever... seems to me like this guy should get hit by a car crossing the street pretty soon, so it doesn't matter.
I actually brought that up in IRC. The one weapon he mentions by name in the preview and it's one that doesn't even exist in the game without using that hack.

That's just.. sad.

It's also funny he says that Fallout 2 is the best CRPG ever made, but pans the combat in it.
------------------
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Actually apparently the holy hand-grenade works as expected pre-patch. I never verified this however as I beleive that encounter's a totally useless easter egg.

And my source saying that it works is somewhat... um.. not very trustable, although he's been right about a bunch of stuff, I wouldn't trust him much...
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

OMFG!!11! teh weponz aer not in tehere!??! OMFG i wan wepaonz!!1!

Bozar si teh k3wlest lol!!!!11!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Consider

Post by 4too »

Fine print at bottom of "GamesFirst!" Internet Magizine:
http://www.gamesfirst.com/aboutgf/aboutgf.htm
GamesFirst! prides itself on being the most well-written game review sites on the web. But don't just take our word for it; the site has won tons of awards. So without further ado, here's a brief history of the awards we've managed to garner thus far.
Over ripe self esteem....gnat magnet....

Consider the style of the whole FOBOS review is ... rambling antidotal.

And, yes, it doesn't take a rambling antidotal personality to know one, but
it adds power to my conviction that his personnal style is; ABSOLUTELY self indulget (and I mean that in the worst way), and tedious to wade through. If you straight line, drag racing prose afficiandoes were seeking a 'to the jugular' slash of journalism, hey, I feel your pain.

Any reader with a passing knowledge of FO will profile this writer as a flake, and a whimp, nay, a whussy, that prides in petulant pouting to manipulate "the boss", WHEN HE DIDN"T HAVE TO! What kind of trip is this kid on? This "editor" readily ok'ed some console coverage, why the cheap thrill of chain pulling? What a B-I-T-C-H, and I mean THAT in the worst way.

Tell us about the game......don't care about all the verbage used to pad the word count. Too much information, that's not even tangetial to FOBOS.
And the more chatter, the more proof of intellectual vaccuousness.

The whole adventure to E3 came down to bullying strangers, and is likely
false. That's my opinion. Would you trust this "profile of deceit"? Maybe this passive aggressive never went to E3, NEVER played the FOBOS Demo, Never played to completion, FO 1 or 2.

Hey, everyone has "A LIFE". I just wouldn't inflict this one, on any entity, without serious consideration of the consequences. Although ChucK should do time in this guy's head to see what evils he has wrought in the name of ViVendi, I'play, and the decline of Civilization in this end of the Milky Way Galaxy. Cosmic scale of disaster.

Consider, ANYTHING this guy likes, most readers will immediately dislike.

Is this the type of personality deficeit that you'd want to attract to your
endevours? Like drawin' fruit flies, ain't it. Anoying minute' pestulantials..

4too
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

I particullarly liked his stupid and pointless Gollum impersonation. Its the kind of fine media coverage Ive come to expect from Games First. Hmm, grown men who cower on the floor when they dont get their way , hugging a press pass and muttering precious, yeah, this guy lives in his parents basement for sure.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

lol wat a dork
:chew:
Our Host!