Enforcer at E3????

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Enforcer at E3????

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

With all of the talk of the big contenders like Doom3, etc at E3 I haven't heard anything about FOBOS. Do you think anyone but the most desperate, homeless people are stopping by at the Interplay booth? Would you stop if they gave you a free FOBOS pencil?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I bet Elara'll be the booth babe. :cry:
fuck
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

AFAIK, she is not hot enough to wear a thong :cry:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:AFAIK, she is not hot enough to wear a thong :cry:
I suspected as much. Though I thought nearly every new game had something at E3? Fallout BOS will probably just be a burrito stand or something like that with a crude "FALLOUT ENFROCER" sign taped on it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

No, it will be held from the back of Herve Caen's car in the parking lot. :D
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Actually, if memory serves, displaying at E3 carries a significant fee beyond the expected ones for transportation and equipment. And Interplay isn't so dumb that they'd pay lots of money to get bashed in public.

Well, okay, they actually are that dumb, but they're still not going to do it.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Spazmo wrote:Actually, if memory serves, displaying at E3 carries a significant fee beyond the expected ones for transportation and equipment. And Interplay isn't so dumb that they'd pay lots of money to get bashed in public.

Well, okay, they actually are that dumb, but they're still not going to do it.
Perhaps no one gives a rat's ass about this title enough to cover it at E3 when there's actually interesting stuff to cover.
------------------
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

That is to say BioWare is offering bigger bribes to the press.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Judging by the IGN preview of Shadows of Undrentide, they're offering hot dogs.
------------------
DrWacco
Respected
Respected

Post by DrWacco »

if F:BOS had MrT at E3 they might stand a chance...
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

A friend of #fallout who works at a game studio was able to check out FOE at E3. They had a playable demo. Apparently, it's just a BGDA clone. Same quality, same gameplay. So while not as trashy as we'd expected not nearly fulfilling the expected innovations Chucky the retard keeps touting on his interviews or that Elara keeps saying we should hold on for.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

The funny thing is, if you try to do a google search for Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. All you pull up are a whole lot of Fallout: Tactics sites.

Confusion reigns! Well, either that, or it was part of their master plan to get more people to back order FO:T.

http://www.interplay.com/fbos/minisite/FBOS.swf
Right click, save as, and view the horror that is a flash website offline (Yeah, I did this for me, I needed to post that link in somewhere).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wilford
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Wilford »

I still regret I didn´t save the "PIRATES AND MYSTARY DEVICE!!11"-product info page they had. No one believes me they really said that.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Killzig wrote:A friend of #fallout who works at a game studio was able to check out FOE at E3. They had a playable demo. Apparently, it's just a BGDA clone. Same quality, same gameplay. So while not as trashy as we'd expected not nearly fulfilling the expected innovations Chucky the retard keeps touting on his interviews or that Elara keeps saying we should hold on for.
Imagine you took a game to E3... and nobody cared.
------------------
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Wilford wrote:I still regret I didn´t save the "PIRATES AND MYSTARY DEVICE!!11"-product info page they had. No one believes me they really said that.
huh? What are you talking about? Does this still exist? Can anybody hit me with a link?

:cry:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Wilford
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Wilford »

I hope you´re not just sarcastic.
When the game was announced, this page http://www.interplay.com/games/product.asp?GameID=534 said something about wasteland pirates and some secret device the protagonist was supposed to find.
They quickly changed it after they realized how utterly stupid the description was. It´s not much better now though.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

The fear of an apocalypse has become a reality. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel begins after the first Fallout PC title in which humans emerge from the safety of underground vaults to explore the earth following a nuclear holocaust. In joining the Brotherhood of Steel, players will uncover a sinister plot that could transform the remainder of humanity into a race of mutants. The Brotherhood of Steel have come together to wage battle against the mutant raiders and pirates to fulfill their search for a mysterious and heavily sought-after device, one that could be used to help rebuild humanity or as a monstrous toll of war.

Thanks to various news sites, the thing is still all over the web.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Ah, the MYSTERY DEVICE. I remember that shit now. KTHX
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

fucking forum rollback

Post by DarkUnderlord »

The mystery device is easier to figure out.
Fallout Enforcer wrote:players will uncover a sinister plot that could transform the remainder of humanity into a race of mutants.
It involves FEV.
Fallout Enforcer wrote:The Brotherhood of Steel have come together
Why is the Brotherhood coming together? They were always one force and always operated as once force. They're not split up.
Fallout Enforcer wrote:to wage battle against the mutant raiders and pirates
It involves buried pirate treasure.
Fallout Enforcer wrote:to fulfill their search for a mysterious and heavily sought-after device
Mysterious and heavily sought after...? What is there in Fallout that is mysterious and heavily sought after...?
Fallout Enforcer wrote:one that could be used to help rebuild humanity or as a monstrous tool of war.
Monstrous tool of war? AHA! It's the Holy Hand Grenade!!

Super Mutants have stolen the Holy Hand Grenade and given it to pirates who buried it under a vat of FEV. The Brotherhood of Steel has now sent out three warriors, Mr T, Blue Panty Girl and Super Ghoul with Secret Powers on a quest to retrieve the Holy Hand Grenade.

Join with them as they quest across the wastes encountering bad Monty Python references, old jokes from Silence of the Lambs and at least two references to Terminator, as well as a few from the Matrix because it's just been released and OMFG it's cool!!11!

Plot solved.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I'm impressed. Now why aren't you out there writing for Interplay?
Our Host!