Add multiplayer Co-op to FoT single player campaign?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
swordinstone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Add multiplayer Co-op to FoT single player campaign?

Post by swordinstone »

I guess this is a question for anyone who is a programmer or something. I was just curious if this has been considered by anyone yet. The second part of the question would be... how hard would it be to do?

I would help anyone interested in doing a mod like this if they were serious about it... I'm not a programmer, but I am an artist... 2D and 3D, I doubt it would need any new art, but if it did, I would be happy to create it... menus, interface, sprites, whatever! :)
Against the grain
That where I'll stay
Swimmin up stream...
I maintain against the grain!
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Well I think theres some trouble with co-op, im not really sure what the problem about implementing it is, but im pretty sure it cant be done... something about enemy actors and more than one player.. Anyways. Im sure everyone would welcome a skilled 2D/3D artist. For tile making and such. Sprite making, concerning the entities moving around in the game world, is quite hard, to my knowledge only one have come far doing this, Ed the Monkey, I think. He started a FO1/FO2 style sprite for metal armor But it was never finished.
swordinstone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by swordinstone »

Cool, I'll keep checking this room for ppl who need artists, I'll have to scrape some stuff together for a portfolio... stupid government contracting job has me in a rut :) but the pay is nice...lol
Against the grain
That where I'll stay
Swimmin up stream...
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

From what I understand about multiplayer, the scripting that makes singleplayer games fun was not implemented to update across machines hooked up to multiplayer games. Why they never did that I will never understand because there could have been some interesting game possibilities.

Yeah, I would be interested in someone who could make some tiles with a 3d program. I have some textures that could be skinned onto rectangular primitives and even some ideas for angular wall elements. As long as you have access to some good 3d programs I can give you some direction and textures. Give me your email address and I'll put you to work.
swordinstone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by swordinstone »

sounds like a cake walk...

swordinstone@hotmail.com

title the email with "FALLOUT MOD..." (all caps) so i see it in my junk mail when it lands there, its set to exclusive ;) I'll put you on the list so that doenst happen after the first time.

I use Maya and 3DSMAX right now. I know others but dont have access to them currently... but those 2 will do anything the others will do. I'm skilled with everything from characters (including animation) to props... but time is always the big hurdle... just fyi...
Against the grain
That where I'll stay
Swimmin up stream...
Our Host!