Holes in walls

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Holes in walls

Post by SeanDMan »

Whats the best way to fill holes in walls, or better yet, prevent making walls with holes in them? It's bugged me as I've gone through and tested my map, and been able to send my test dude through the corners of the walls.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had problems making holy walls, as there are a few in the Hubologist base, which actually reminded me of my problem.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

One of the wall units is an invisible item that will block the hex (Position 617 in the wall list, I think). If the walls are placed correctly, just put that invisible blocker in the appropriate spots to plug the holes.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

Okay, I'll see if it's that easy.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

Aw, cheers mate! I realized why I'd missed them before... theres no indicator, such as there is when you utilize the tile eraser. Should anyone have a similar problem, switch on hexes (and off walls and scenary, if you know the layout of your level well enough) and click, and it'll turn that beautiful red. The tiles are 620 and 621, although wether you used the E/W or N/S variation makes a difference, I'd play it safe just in case...

Thanks Temaper!
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

there is no N/S, E/W variants, it's just a hex blocker..
the 2 types are wall and wall s.t.
one shows up on the pipboy map, the other doesn't.
and this info is included in the readme file that comes with the editor. as well as info on markers for the exit grids ( they don't show up on the pip boy map ) and scenery markers/blockers.
Our Host!