Awaken Campaign, by Vault-tec games (Single Player Campaign)

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

dale5351 wrote:Is this thread / forum still active? I expect that I'll have questions and/or comments.
it sure is my friend! :)
dale5351
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dale5351 »

Glad to see that someone is here. I like posting about games as I am playing them.

I've now pretty much gone through most of this mod. Here are a couple of comments:

1. Applied the english mod -- but wish that it had given me translations of the various pictures that get posted from time to time -- e.g. the movies in awaken/movies/*.bik

2. There were a few places where the game hung up on me, especially if I went back to a special encounter that I had completed. IIRC, the BRC was one such place, but there were a few others. Not a big deal since I tend to save often and save after completing an area in a semi-permanent file. Alt-S / Alt-L is also my friend.

3. I did something in New Chicago that made the entire town turn hostile. Perhaps had to do with walking around the back door of the bank. The guard attacked me without provocation -- and then so did others.
dale5351
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dale5351 »

4. Similar attack happened when I was supposed to deliver a bunch of weapons to the ghouls. As soon as I landed, they all attacked me. I'm guessing it had to do with killing some ghouls in another mission.

5. I decided to join the SOH, and did all their quests. Near the end, Quentin joined me and wanted to go to the train. He would not fit in my car, but did tag along beside it:-}}

6. When we got to the train, I gave the three things to the conductor (barter -- 0 value), but nothing happened. Tried all the things mentioned in this or another thread here, but no joy. I backed up to just before the decision and am trying the BOS track now. Will see if the train works for that path.

7. I really like Michiel's (sp?) tower. Great place to visit.
dale5351
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dale5351 »

Well, I finished the BOS path and got instructed to use the train. But when I got to the conductor, same thing happened -- no reaction or recognition that he had the parts.

Could the problem be that I already had all three parts before I was told to get them???
dale5351
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dale5351 »

(replying to my own posts) -- the problem was *NOT* that I alread had the parts, but that the engineer guy was asking for the wrong thing. What he said was
What kind of part do you need? Ouuh.. yes, yes, yes... I need Computer Part, Reactor Part and Fusion Battery
But what he really wanted was computer part, reactor part and *engine part*. The fusion battery I had was not needed.
dale5351
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dale5351 »

I have now finished. The last place was very tough, frequent quick saves and restores to survive.

I wonder what the Polish words on the final scenes said. Does anyone have an English translation?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Nope, sorry :(
Our Host!