mods won't work on fame!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
quilla_b
SDF!
SDF!

mods won't work on fame!

Post by quilla_b »

guys, sory ds z probably an easy question to answer but i cant get mods to work on FAME! so here's what happend...

i had an OLD FAME program before but never run it...until yesterday. i open FAME.EXE, and it says, "this is the first tim ur running FAME". It detects the PATCH000.DAT in my fallout2 folder. it does all these checks and it alryt. The mod works.

Then i put the contents of the "PAINTJOB" mod (BLACK CAR.DAT, RUSTY CAR.DAT) in the "PATCHES" folder of FAME and run FAME again. I click on play in FAME to run fallout2 and when i look at my highway man, it is still the same... grr...

so i thought maybe this is an old FAME version. I delete the OLD FAME completely and transfered the PATCH000.DAT back to the fallout2 folder.

I went and download the newest FAME in the PIPBOY2000LE site. It has FAME.EXE and FAME2.EXE. i read the instructions and it says to run FAME.EXE first then FAME2.EXE right? Now it won't even transfer the PATCH000.DAT into the "PATCHES" folder of FAME.

It gAve me the error: "An error occured while trying to move patch000.dat!"

i tried moving the PATCH000.DAT manually and it workd fine but the other mods don work still! i dono why...what am i doin wrong?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Try Mod Enabler by Dims :P
Our Host!