What would you prefer?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.

What type of a mod would you prefer?

Fallout 2:REDUX! Take all the crappy stuff out of fallout 2 (ncr, talking dcs etc)
13%
Fallout 2.5 Some kind of a mini-sequel with new maps, but nothing to big
13%
Fallout 3 A total overhaul of everything. New weapons, a few new sprites, new world map etc
60%
A mini-mod playing out over a few maps
13%
A map where you do one thing, like kill a bunch of people or steal something.
No votes

Total votes: 15

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

What would you prefer?

Post by Megatron »

Vote on the poll plz kthnxbye
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Well, my vision was the idea that everyone could design their own towns...

You'd travel the waste and just explore whatever someone felt like putting in their own town. Fun stuff to explore, but no continuity really. I don't know if it has a future, but that was the idea I interpreted from Kreegles since a big time project (ie: your FO2.5/FO3 ideas) require a real team to associate.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

FO2 redux has sort of been worked on for a while with various patches, so my vote goes to Fallout 3.
NumberZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by NumberZero »

the number one thing, from my point of view that would be great to be removed from FO2 is pretty much most of arroyo (IE: temple of marketing tells us we have to do a tutorial)

also, i vote fallout 3, of the "Different location, same time-frame as FO1, mabey earlier"
hello, if your fallout idea starts with "Wouldn't it be cool", then i hate you, and i am very saddened by the fact that technology has not advanced to the point where you can reach out and touch other users, because i would strangle you.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I vote for a FO2: Redux...Adding back in the Sulik quests & Locations; Having a use for that damned yellow keycard in Klamath; Allowing certain NPC's to join you if you become a slaver; changing appearance for NPC's in armor...Stuff like that.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

well, for FO2 redux:
-a temple of trials would make sense, but perhaps it should be an old abandoned church or facility, or maybe just some outdoors obstacle course, rather than an actual temple.
-remove dumb easter eggs.
-eliminate bugs that haven't been eliminated by other patches already; add or modify unfinished or badly done quests, ie. Torr, the bugmen, and the Duntons; Sulik and the slavers who got his sis.
-add Primitive Tribe / EPA / Abbey....?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I'd prefer people stuck to the "short story" technique... rather than try to create a large, epic quest with shitloads of locations, they create a short, entertaining quest with a handful of locations.

As for Fallout 2.5's or Fallout Redux's, I'm not excited about the idea at all. Every man and his dog will be playing with the Fallout 2 maps - quite frankly, I want something new. I've played Fallout 2 plenty of times already, thanks.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

I'd say it's a matter of what's desirable vs. what's practical. I think we'd all prefer a FO3, but whether or not we can get it together to make something on that scale is doubtful. IMHO, a middle-of-the-road solution is what we should aim for - maybe a combination of stripping out some of the dafter elements of FO2 (like the Temple of Trials, etc.) and putting something better in their place. And adding extra bits, too.

So yeah. A bit of spit and polish on the existing game with plenty of add-on packs to open the world up a lot more.

Who knows, though... something as powerful as this editing tool could spark off several total conversion mods. There's certainly the enthusiasm out there to last the distance.
Our Host!