Hello Dear!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hello Dear!

Post by Stevie D »

Hey hey folks,

The Admins of this fine Intarweb Computar-network board have very kindly invested their faith in yours truly and made me a moderator on this here new forum.

I won't bore you with some speech on this, that and whatever. But I am glad of the opportunity to help out, keep this forum in order and generally promote the FO2 modding scene.

On a side note, if anyone has ever felt bad vibes from me in the past I'd like to put that to rest. As far as I'm concerned, it's clean slates all round for everyone on the DaC boards.

Hail me! (Hint: that was a cue)

I look foiward to woikin' wit' ja,

Steve :)
Last edited by Stevie D on Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Good for you, Stevie. Now you just have to PM Kreegle a couple times until you get your custom title.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I'd like to promote Fan Fallout as something seperate to Fallout 2 mods altogether... to me, a Fallout 2 mod would be something like a weapon adjustment... or perhaps a bug fix / mission fix or something.

I'd hope a Fan Fallout project is something unique and different... a NEW adventure that we haven't played before, with new characters and new locations.

That being said... a custom title can be arranged.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Kreegle wrote:I'd like to promote Fan Fallout as something seperate to Fallout 2 mods altogether... to me, a Fallout 2 mod would be something like a weapon adjustment... or perhaps a bug fix / mission fix or something.

I'd hope a Fan Fallout project is something unique and different... a NEW adventure that we haven't played before, with new characters and new locations.
Sure, no worries there, Kreeg. I think everyone'll get the idea of the scope of the feature once they've downloaded the editor.

NOTE TO SELF: Avoid use of word 'modding'. ;)
That being said... a custom title can be arranged.
Sweet! I'd like to go with Catpain Slackbladder (sic) please!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Stevie D wrote:Sweet! I'd like to go with Catpain Slackbladder (sic) please!
catpain or captain?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

maybe you could unlock the standard thread so that people could well, post to sugges standards?

I already have comments about it, but well, I'll wait for the proper thread to unlock -- or to be told that that thread is to remain locked and I should start another... or something...

From what I'm understanding Kreegle would like to make some kind of wacky world where everyone could get to make their own town(s)?
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Red,

I was going to leave both the standards and FAQ threads locked so that they wouldn't get spammed crapless by... spammers. I'll be able to add posts to them even though they're locked. What I was hoping is that posters would open new threads for each Q&A and I'd just take the juicy bits to put in the stickies once they'd got their answer.

Yeah, so if you can open a new thread mate, that'd be ideal.

Strapon,

Catpain ;)
Red

Post by Red »

I think I'll prep up a smalish document which will be open to discussion rather then just plain post it on this forum.

Also, I'd like kreegle to explain more in detail what he invisions to make sure it matches what what I think he says.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I think what Kreegle means is the undertaking of a big project.
A fan made Fallout, if you will...

Not just a small mod, but rather a completly new game in the Fallout setting.

I might be wrong, though.
Red

Post by Red »

What... He hopes to gather up a team that'll make a new Fallout game on his own site? Does he have a "Idea" or something.

How about he comes around here and tells us more anyway?
Our Host!