VertiBird FO2 Mod

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Den Baster
SDF!
SDF!

VertiBird FO2 Mod

Post by Den Baster »

And now I can introduce to your consideration my original Mod. It can support any version of Fallout 2 (Russian, English) and you can download it right http://fieldglory.narod.ru/ .
There are two types of installation (see ReadmeE.txt file).
This Mod is adding an opportunity of stealing Vertibird RAH-88 Inca from Navarro base (after that you will use it in your own aims). You have several variants to choose how to get flying machine. You can find at MIN 2 methods (one of them is not pacifistic). You also can find three new NPC (in Navarro and Broken Hills) and a new quest (the controlling of Vertibird is impossible without new perk)
See Credits (my own), they're made for beeing shure that everything's working.
Wherefore Script Maniac needs scissors???
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Any chance this could be uploaded to another host? I'm getting 840bps, and it locks up around 4% completed..
Den Baster
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Den Baster »

Dont worry. I need time. I working.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

It's mirrored at both DAC and NMA ...
http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4831
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Den Baster
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Den Baster »

Vertibird ver 1.01
home page changed
http://freelancer.ag.ru/rebase/barracks ... index.html

Bugs fixed
1. Was when I tried to get both the car and the vertibird.(if you get the car
first then the game crashes when the vertibird first appears;
if you get the vertibird first and you then the car dissapears from the Den
junkyard.) That's fixed.
2. Some mistakes in dialogs NPC.
3. Change some scripts. Add new item.
4. Upgrade NPC.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Version on DAC also updated.

<li> Use <a href="http://www.duckandcover.net/fallout2/mo ... p">Fame</a>(right click, save as) to install this version...<A href="/fallout2/files/vertibirdd.zip">Click Here (right click, save as).</a> **Recommended.

<li>Or manually install <a href="/fallout2/files/vertibirde.rar">this version (right click, save as)</a>.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Gameshark
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Gameshark »

Id use modrunner ;)
Ardashir
SDF!
SDF!

Problems with mod...

Post by Ardashir »

:cry:

I have US-version of the game.

After I see here the new mod I reinstalled the Fallout-2-game.

Then I downloaded the rar.file for direct installation, but when I tried to unpack the .rar file I only got a failure message.
I downloaded it again - again failure message.

So I downloaded FAME + Vertibird-combination and installed it - after that I used the vertibird mod for FAME.

But when I run the game there is no extra-perk when I want to create a new character.

I also went with the character to Navarro - but no new NPC or anything changed.

In CREDITS of the game the vertibird-mod is mentioned - so the patch has been installed.

Can someone please tell me what I make wrong ?

Thx

Ardashir

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
TryKos
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TryKos »

First problem that is direct installation RAR on Baster site is corrupted or he using a very strange rar archiver (I already told him about that on other board, waiting for fix or explanation).

Second problem that is not all things are easy 8) New perk is not from perks which you can give to you charster by yourself. It can be obtained only through quest completion. And new NPC - you must search for him, he wouldnt sitting in Arroyo temple, waiting for you ;) Try some more.
In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend...those with Power of Moon Prism, and those who dig. You dig.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I realize this thread is old but not to long ago I decided to try this mod out. I just got to navarro, and I couldn't find a damn thing different. I've talked to all the people cept the Drill Sergant. Can someone post a solution on how to get this perk and who the hell these new NPC's are? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I've checked the credits and it is working. I can't find anything different in Navarro or Broken hills. This is driving me nuts. I got the car before as well. I even drove it Navarro. Also would killing Chris have something to do with it as well?
Sigma
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sigma »

you have got to talk to the bloke in combat amour standing in the middle of the area just out side of the vertibird hanger (and a vetibird will turn up), then go and kill the doctor, take the papers out of his dest where the blue key card is, then go and talk to the chick in combat amour near the beds wich are to the left of the canteen, then you go talk to the gaurd that is next to the recently apeared vertibird, and take off, but ull need the perk 1st
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Ok then something definitly isn't working. I killed the doc but there was nothing else in the desk but the keycard. And there's no guy in combat armor outside the hanger, there's just another vertibird sitting there. Just the 2 gaurds in power armor and Raul inside.
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Which version did you download, the one with the Patch dat file or the one you extract to the data folder?

If you have the one in dat format, just replace the official patch dat file with this one; if you extracted all the files to the data folder though, you must remove the patch dat file from the data directory or all the files in the dat will supersede any moded files you placed in the data folder.

And of course you will have to start a new game or continue one where your character hasn't been to either Navarro or Broken Hills.

Hope this helps.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I got the Dat one because I use FAME to use it everytime I play. I started a new gaming running the mod and ran it every time I played thereafter.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I prefer a (good reasoned) revival of an old thread then the creation of a new useless one :)
Last edited by Red on Mon May 26, 2003 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Is the official patch file (patch000.dat) in the data folder? As far as I know the mod dat file contains all the files present in the official patch; if you placed the file in the data folder, it should have overwritten the official patch and you don't need FAME to load it; if you are running it with FAME from a folder other than 'Data' (which I assume is the case) and the original official patch is still in the data folder, the mod won't work due to the reasons I explained earlier.
Red

Post by Red »

You should rename you old path000.dat to say, "original_patch000.dat" and then extract the mod in the Fallout2 base directory (NOT in data).
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Oops! got me there Red, I must have been more punished last night than I am now.
17th Warrior
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by 17th Warrior »

hey dudes!
i'll try your mod out!
To the Stranger and Vault 13:

What doesn't exist, we must sometimes dream
and let our dreams inspier us to greater heights.
So it was with the Stranger and his belief in
the legend of Vault 13.
Chrille
Respected
Respected

Post by Chrille »

Sigma wrote:you have got to talk to the bloke in combat amour standing in the middle of the area just out side of the vertibird hanger (and a vetibird will turn up), then go and kill the doctor, take the papers out of his dest where the blue key card is, then go and talk to the chick in combat amour near the beds wich are to the left of the canteen, then you go talk to the gaurd that is next to the recently apeared vertibird, and take off, but ull need the perk 1st
And how do I get the perk?

Im With Stupid -----> :oops:
---Pain is Temporay, Glory is Forever---
Our Host!