Compiling a script

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Tz0rcelan
SDF!
SDF!

Compiling a script

Post by Tz0rcelan »

I'm working on my new mod and it involves some scripting so now i decompiled the script that i edited, and now i have some problems with the compiler(by heinz), i mean.. how to use it? I can't really read the readme because it's in russian and i don't speak it.
Can someone help me?

Thanks.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I'm guessing you mean IPP (I forgot which he made). Anyhoo, just type "ipp whatever.ipp" and once you get error post them here as otherwise it's not much help.

I'd suggest trying Noids compiler/decompiler though...
Tz0rcelan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tz0rcelan »

Well, this is what i tried i executed the program (ipp.exe) with the command terminal (start->run->"command") and then i placed the decompiled script (dcTubby.ipp) in the same folder as the compiler and then i entered "ipp dctubby.ipp" and i get this error:

///start of error msg
dctubby.ipp(4): duplicated identifier at or before 'ProtoOfItemGivem'.
: ProtoOfItemGiven;
fatal error during parse!

///end of error msg

and well that's all..

.. by the way, where could i get Noids compiler/decompiler ? Would be thankfull if you could give me a link or something.

Thanks
"Are radiation points some sort of cool bonus score? If they are, I got an awesome 1567 radiation points!" Choosen ones last words before he died..
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It isn't too hard to find things on this board. The search button always helps too...

http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4009
Red

Post by Red »

that means that ProtoOfItemGivem on line 4 of dctubby.ipp has already been defined (maybe in an included/imported/used (uses) file?).
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

It's hard work making a good mod, but the end result is likely worth the pulled hair and frustration.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Tz0rcelan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tz0rcelan »

Thanks everyone it works now, i(well not exactly) figured out how to do, so now i can compile the scripts =) And yes i know it takes alot of hard work, i've been working with modding a couple of other games, such as Operation Flashpoint and Quake 1 but this is more interesting because it's more of a challange =)

Thanks..
"Are radiation points some sort of cool bonus score? If they are, I got an awesome 1567 radiation points!" Choosen ones last words before he died..
Our Host!