Old one...

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Old one...

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Heres a ff i did awhile ago, told by renesco if ya can't tell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was your average day, running the shop, kicking out homeless, or junkies, or both. I’m just your local schmoe, a doctor to some, and a bother to others. The news of the Enclave’s defeat brought even more joy to this newly pest cleansed town. The Enclave is, or was, a super secret plot from a government established before the war, to take over, and destroy all living things on the mainland, deeming them “mutants� for their exposure to radiation. They had extremely advanced technology, so advanced, they had re-discovered plans for things called “virtibirds� an advanced type of helicopter. They soon would have ruled this land, were it not for the efforts of the One and others… The news was even more surprising when I heard that the guys who did it, had been the very same bunch that cleared out the mob families in this town, and who had been here in my store! He--, the guy gave me a pair of eyeglasses from before the war. Through the grapevine, I heard the group was comprised of; a tribal, a mutant, a dog, another tribal (with a bone through his nose), a fat repairman, and a robot. Yep, it wasn’t hard to remember that motley crew. Though there was one more member, no one was quite clear on what he was. Some say he was a grey or “Albino Mutant.� I had never heard of such things. Only later would I find out the truth, and I wish I hadn’t.
With the mobs cleared out, New Reno was even more busy than usual. We got all kinds of traders, merchants and so on. The Brotherhood of Steel is a military organization, which trades protection for soldiers with tribes and small towns. They hoard tons of military equipment left over from after the war. They also repair, and make new stuff. They also have Scribes, who study the old ways and learn new things. Of course, those learning’s never getting past their huge metal doors. They train not only humans, but also Deathclaws who have advanced intellect. Deathclaws are said to have evolved from a kind of lizard. They are about 12-18 feet tall, have 2 huge horns on the tops of their heads, foot-and-a-half long claws, dagger teeth, and an overall grouchy attitude. Though, some have been “trained� to follow orders, of coarse, that’s what I thought before… But anyway, these Brotherhood of Steel schmucks come swaggering into my shop in their shiny new, customized combat armor, talking about how their Deathclaw regiment has been on edge lately. Having their major opposing force just wiped out at no expense to ammo or soldier, they weren’t exactly paranoid about what they said around people. I didn’t think much about what they said, I mean, how would that have affected my life in any way?
A few days later, I’m scrounging around the outskirts of the city to see if I can salvage some old medical supplies, when I hear a beast like moaning. I thought, “Probably just some jet-head who overdosed� but as I continued walking, it started to sound less and less human. I scaled a small hill of rubble and scanned what I could see, and no more that 20 feet away was a Deathclaw. Well, I just turned around quietly, lowered myself gently to the ground, and RAN LIKE HOLY HELL. Ok, so I didn’t run, but I’m old, gimme a break. But just as I turn around, I hit 1000 lbs. of pure muscle bound fury; Another Deathclaw. I shit myself right there. I looked around and realized I was surrounded- A trap. As I lay there in a fetal position, a Voice appears, “Do not fear…� it said, raising a foot long, man-mangling claw. “We are not here to harm you.� I shakily stood up and grasped that the Deathclaw was talking to me. Was I delirious? Had I been stung by a scorpion and not realized it? Possibly too long in the sun? I shit myself again. “W-w-w-waddaya what with me?� I said shaking like a baby gecko. “You have met with the one, yes?� “I’m not sure. W-who is it?� “The one is he who defeated the metallic warriors.� I then knew what he meant. He continued. “He travels with…� “Oh, I know who you’re talking about.� I interrupted. “Then you know where he is?� “Uhm, no but the ‘metallic warrior’s’ stronghold is North-West from here.� “Thank you, you have been of much…� “Wait; to get to their stronghold, you must cross the ocean.� “You mean the great waters? How is this possible?� he asked, quite disturbed. “It’s a long story, but uh, ‘the one’ probably isn’t there anymore. I’m sure he has begun re-establishing his tribe.� “We are wasting time!� A younger, more aggressive Deathclaw snapped. “Silence!� the leader calmly but firmly replied. “Why do you ‘seek him’?� I asked, glancing at the younger Deathclaw. “A battle is about to take place.� He solemnly replied. “What do you mean?� “Long ago, there was a great Deathclaw, he had no name. But he alone, was the one who led to the liberation of the Deathclaws. He was the first to be tested on with Mind-Expanding drugs; the Master wanted to make us into the ultimate warriors. He pretended like it had no effect on him. But, when he returned to our cell, he had obviously changed. He showed us the ways, taught us through movements, and eventually taught us speech, all in secret of course. He had a plan set for us. We were to escape. Be free. But, one day, as he was clenching the cell bars in anticipation, one guard bashed his claws with the butt of his gun. Having heard several cusses and expressions from the guards, and being able to understand them, he let one slip. At first the guard didn’t know what happened, he stood there, gazing at the shaken Deathclaw. They called the leaders to him. He was brought to a closed room, and never came out. Eventually we escaped. We returned there several years later and immediately I went to the room I saw him go in. There he was. Or what was left of him. I decided to take his skull, as a monument of pride and respect to him, for it never would have happened without his dedication. We hid it in a secluded cave, so that even if our main base was destroyed, it would still be safe. But now some Rouge Deathclaws have joined forces with human raiders. The Rouge Deathclaws are young, and don’t believe the tales of our savior. They wish to go to the cave, steal the skull, and destroy it. The reason we seek Goris: the one who saved us, was his grandfather. Goris must come back and defend his heritage. We were also hoping his allies would help too. But I fear if we cannot find him, then all will be lost.� “How can I help?� I uttered, more confidant now. “You cannot, you’ve helped us much. It is best you not speak of what happened today. Thank you, and good luck…�
With that, they all vanished into the dusk air, speedily and stealthily, like shadows.
A few days later, I was cleaning out old hypodermic needles, when I looked down at the jar of water I was using. It was rippling. I noticed a slight vibration, and ran outside, jogged over a hill, and dragged myself over another hill. I looked over it, the vibration getting louder and more intense as I drew near. I saw what was never meant for human eyes… Deathclaws. Deathclaws for miles it seemed. All charging at full speed in one direction. I ran along the ridge with them. They all stopped instinctively. About A quarter of a mile away, I saw another army, this one different, Hummers, and Buggies and A TANK! Humans with bozaars and Deathclaws with War Paint and, well, their hands. I was on a steep hill directly across from a cave. I knew what this all meant. I dropped to my belly so as not to be seen, but it didn’t matter, for both sides eyes were locked on each other. I don’t know who made the first move, they seemed to move simultaneously. I shimmied down to a rock to take cover. I sat there for hours, the raiders with their ammo, the Deathclaws with their unstoppable mentality. When it all was over, I crawled out from under the rock. Dazed and sore. I surveyed the battlefield. All had either fled, or died. I could see that the Rebels had succeeded though. Around the mouth of the cave, it seemed to have been hit by several bozaar blasts. It was blocked off. The raiders had claimed the only life they really wanted.
I started up the hill, a northbound storm on the horizon. By the time I reached the top of the hill, it was raining. A picturesque moment. I peered one last time at the site where a people were defaced. I noticed a blob of white, kneeling at the base of the destroyed cave. Face in it’s hands. Crying. He sat there like that all night. I had decided to take shelter under that rock again since it was a long walk home. Only when the One and other came to comfort him did he leave. And that my friends, is the day Goris wept.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize theres a few fuck-ups, but im just to lazy to change em.

lemme know what you think.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

...jerks...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Don't call me a jerk just because I didn't have time to read your fanfic. It's good, keep working on it.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

see, thats all i needed :D
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I read this on the old forums and I must say it is pretty good in my opinion. :)
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

yipee!
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Are there supposed to be paragraphs when those big breaks appear if so Good Fic so far keep working on it if there not supposed to be paragraph breaks guess... you never did tell me what swonZed means
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

you mean sw0ned ???

its from oldschool Quake 2, its short for "so-owned" :D
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

Good fic GG
Archchancellor