Has anyone successfully installed any of Razor's Mods?!?!?!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Has anyone successfully installed any of Razor's Mods?!?!?!

Post by Maximous »

Looks like the FO2 Frank Horrigan's Armour.dat AND the Klint the Generous.dat file from Smack Razor do not work.

If anyone has gotten these mods to work, please let me know and I'll personally applogize to Mr. Razor.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I've tried the Klint mod and it worked, have you tried using FAME to start the mods?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Klint Mod

Post by Maximous »

I did run the Klint mod:

1. Through Fame

2. Starting all over Through Fame

3. changing the Klint.dat --> patch000.dat
a. from scratch
b. from a saved game

I did Patch FO2....would that make a diff?

I'll try again to see if I forgot something stupid.
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

Just figured out that FaME is not running ANY of my mod.dat files

I'm running XP.

Any clue how to get FaME to run?

Thanks
Sigma
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sigma »

when i tryed klint heres what i did (assuming u dont have fame), i installed the patch, so the Fallout 2 exe with the patched one, and so the fallout 2 would be looking for patch000.dat or whatever its called, then rename the klint the genoerours .dat file to patch000 and replace the one that appeared when u installed the patch

but when i later tryed to substitute the mod for the patch all my savers were corupt, so just use fame
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Your saves were not recognised because they were probably created when you used Patch000.dat; I would suggest leaving the official patch file alone, and extracting the contents of the mod dat file into your Fallout 2 directory; make sure all the files get placed in their corresponding directories and run the game. If the mod is still not working check the probable cause is Patch000.dat, if any file present in the mod dat is present here, the file in the official patch will be used as default, so extract all the contents of Patch000.dat (again make sure the files get placed in their corresponding folder) and then extract the patch dat file and overwrite any files you extracted from the official patch.

PS. Oh and almost forgot, you have to make sure you either move, delete or rename the Patch000.dat or the files in this dat will be used by default.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Maximous wrote:Just figured out that FaME is not running ANY of my mod.dat files

I'm running XP.

Any clue how to get FaME to run?

Thanks
FaME hardly will run under WinNT/XP, that's a widely known fact. This is why ModRunner was developed, try using it instead. You'll find it in NMA's Download section (DAC's Fallout 2 Modding Tools section contains something called ModMaker which has a similar-sounding description, I'm not sure if it's the same thing).
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

You can get ModRunner on these forums...It actually does a fine job on XP..Remember that it has to be in the FO2 directory with all the *.dat files for it to work.

http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4356
Our Host!