Problems with critters editing

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Ros
SDF!
SDF!

Problems with critters editing

Post by Ros »

Hi,

I wanted to modify some F2 critters but it seems there is a bug in one of critters pro files. Every time i unpack critters .pro files and edit them, after that the game crashes to Win with message "error in Kernell32" or something like that. I figured out this is beacouse 251.pro (Enclave Patrol woman) which seems to have ID 158 which is assigned to Molerat Fighter. I tried to edit it with Hex Workshop and F.U.C.K. but it doesn't work. FUCK displays message "error reading pro_crit.msg" and doesn't aplly changes after editing. In Hex Workshop everything seems to be OK but when loading game F2 crashes saying something about Kernell32.
Moreover when i try to create new 251.pro file with FUCK same problem occurs! Could anyone help me? Please!
Ros
PS. Sorry for my bad english
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

Hey bud.

I distinctly remember having problems editing any/all enclave troopers, and found problems with the ones that reside at the Navarro base.

I'd go to target them and as soon as the message "she looks: X" came up (to tell you how bad they're injured) - game crashed. Mysteriously if I moved the cursor on them fast enough and fired, the game wouldnt crash (and I could kill them too).

I found out that if I lowered her health*** it didn't happen again, I dont know what kind of bug it is, but dont use FUCK to edit any of the enclave baddies.
***actually im not sure if it was the health or something else, but im pretty sure that something was trying to extend beyond it's maximum range of values.

If you want them to be super tough, might suggest editing their armor (Damage Resistance percentage to be exact) to be stronger.

~~~~~
I might also suggest Universal Savegame Editor (if you can find it), it's an easy to use hex editor that displays byte numbers in decimal and holds templates for various file formats (totally and utterly customizable).

The only downside is that the file selection screen will only display up to 255 filenames, so you might have to copy individial .pro files to another directory and edit them there.

Hex editing is a good way to circumvent an item-editing bug with FIME, since it gets negative numbers wrong for ammunition.
Ros
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ros »

Hey,

Thanks for the info. Now i've got even bigger problem. I've edited some critters (including fatal Enclave Troopers) wit Hex Workshop and started new game. After some time i've noticed that my NPC don't gain levels!! Although they say that they did, theirs stats don't change!! This is very strange beacouse i didn't edited them. What the f**k is going on ?!!
Anyone help please!! I can't play my favourite game :(
Our Host!