Genuwine Campaigns

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Genuwine Campaigns

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

Does any one know where I can get some real campaigns, not just single player maps but real campaigns?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

MV is currently the only guy that has a real campaign created. Rebellion can most easily be found at NMA. Otherwise, you will just have to wait until some of the ones being worked on are finished. Or start making your own..
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Don't forget Jailbreak, available at NMA. Jailbreak is 3 maps long. Wherever you download Jailbreak Part 1 (map #1) from, I suggest you download the second part (maps 2 and 3) from my website, as I'm not 100% sure if DaC/NMA have the most "up to date" version of it.

Rebellion is going to be at least 4 maps long, possibly 5. Right now, however, only the first 2 are available, both of which are on my site (the first map is available at DaC and NMA).

After Rebellion, I'm planning on doing a long (as in LONG) series of maps that will play sort of like a campaign, kinda like my Deathclaw Desert maps, only more "campaign-ish."

But, that won't be for a while :D

BTW, Devil_Starr, it sounds like (from your first post on this thread) that you don't like single maps. Mind if I ask why?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

I like single player maps but I'd rather play a long campaign.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, yea, so would I :)

Problem is that a long campaign takes so very long to make... that's why there aren't any :lol:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:Problem is that a long campaign takes so very long to make...
Tell me about it... ;)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
prodigalsunz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by prodigalsunz »

Why don't we make a cooperative campaign, I mean like a few map
makers work together, and everyone makes one map, to then be
put together as a single campaign.

Because I've been working on a campaign for the last 6 month now,
and its getting pretty boring. now a days i don't even spend that
much time working on it like I used to.

PS: sorry for any spelling errors, my english isn't so good.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

There are some problems with that approach, that's why most people aren't up for it. It's pretty hard to get two Fallout players to agree on the color of shite, let alone the course a game should take. That would be a major one. The other major problem is that people don't seem to be quite as motivated to get other peoples' work done as they are their own. (I know I'm guilty of that one, m'self...)

If you can find a team that can work together and stay focused, good luck to you.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

How about we have one person as the "leader" and he tells, in detail, like what to make what colors to make the chars. and what paths to take and shit like that? It could be worth a shot :wink:
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Combined Effort Campaign

Post by PaladinHeart »

The only way a combined effort campaign could be made is if there is NOT someone telling everyone else what to do and how to do it. There are multiple ways of accomplishing this:

A. Everyone makes a map with a general difficulty in mind. Then they all make a map with a greater difficulty, etc.. One person takes care of the generic recruit pool, bunker, campaign, etc.. Basically a simplistic campaign that would just be made for fun and not very story intensive.

B. One person makes the tiles. Another places the enemies, items, etc.. Another fancies up the maps with triggers, exits, etc.. This one would be more difficult to do but assuming everyone knew what they were doing it would be possible.

I myself am more interested in completing my own campaign. As for option A, I think almost anyone could take a bunch of maps, slap them together, and make a mildly interesting campaign.
Red

Post by Red »

IMHO you need a real project - with a real project leader. Though this leader wouldn't need to know/do/force his bidding down other people's throats, there needs to be someone able to mainly make everyone work together.

Without that it'll just end up as a jumble of half finished map as most mappers here know there's a LOT of unfinished stuff on their minds as the task to finish it all is simply so huge... let alone for a real campaign.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Cooperative work campaigns, tried and failed before. There are some attempts on way, but taking a really long time, if they will finish, we'll be the first to know...

Cheers,

Flamescreen
Our Host!