The Discovery

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Knight
Respected
Respected

The Discovery

Post by Knight »

STARDATE: 789263

Its been 0600 hours since the Discovery was pulled into the Space Time Warp. No casualties and no damage to infrastructure reported except for maybe that mug of hot cofee that was spilled onto my lap and burned my poor poor big...well never mind that...We are no currently in orbit around a desolate planet sparsely populated with isolated populations. [crash] [bang] [smoke]
What is going on...

STARDATE: 897634

That interuption was caused by a collision with a rust and pockmarked satelite in orbit around the planet. It appears to have been designed to carry a payload...of somekind. The collision caused massive damage to the ships sensor arrays and now we are unable to detect or scan the planet further. Already curiosity amongst the crew has grown enough for some of the officers to suggest exploring the planet by shuttle...I have authorized a shuttle team to go down there since the transporter room is currently out of order.

STARDATE: 97825

Today the shuttle crew leaves to the unknown planet below us...there is something very familiar about this planet...but I cannot put my finger on it...besides that bit of information...tonight the movie Fallout: A Post-apocalyptic Adventure is being shown in the movie lounge. Its rated R and shows some interesting sex scenes that...

STARDATE: 103987

The shuttle crew has landed and now is preparing to leave the planet.

STARDATE: 116384

Transmissions from Shuttle - 10 ceased after this transmission from it...
ENSIGN 01 - "Quick get on board!"
ENSIGN 02 - "Run, RUN!"
ENSIGN 01 - "Hurry, Jhonny! Its behind you!"
ENSIGN 02 - "No, please don't eat me...Agh...Aagghhhh"
ENSIGN 03 - "Leave him alone...NO!"
ENSIGN 01 - "Seal the hatch!"
ENSIGN 04 - "Lets GO!!!"
ENSIGN 03 - "Don't leave meeeeeee..."
ENSIGN 01 - "Help! One of them is inside!"
ENSIGN 04 - "Jettison it!"
-static-
After this transmission, the shuttle was spotted by a repair man in a low orbit around the planet. A shuttle was sent to retrieve it but the commander decided to return immeadiately...the pilots were too shaken to be debriefed...

STARDATE: 125679

A second landing party was sent down to the same spot the first shuttle landed...during descent the shuttle was struck by what appeared to be lightning and it crash landed far far away from the original landing site. A rescue team is going to be sent in to retrieve the survivors but I am hesitant on sending them down so soon...

STARDATE: 139239

Last night there was a call from the crash landed shuttle...one of the crew members was barely able to send this transmission:

ENSIGN - "Don't come down here...*voice cracks*...water...please..."

That was all we were able to get...but I have decided to send the rescue team in right away...this time, I'm going with them. Mr. Cocker and Mc Deaf have volunteered to join me on me trip. Either to keep me company or bicker about why human beings should not express unnescessary and unproked sexual activities in thier movies...

A shuttle glows a tint red as it accelerates through the atmosphere, in the cockpit are two red-shirted ensigns piloting the small craft. Behind them sits a bearded captain of the Image and on both sides are, Mr. Cocker and Mc Deaf.
"Once again, I disagree with you Mr. Mc Deaf. Through what you humans call television, small inocent children learn to become greedy, selfish, and evil." said a firm Mr. Cocker
"No, no, no! You are missing the point!" said the mad Mc Deaf cocking one cybernetic fake ear toward Mr. Cocker. "Human children and other humanoid species can learn from television and movies."
"Hhnmmm, I doubt your claim Mr. Mc Deaf. That movie we watched the other night contained ill behavior scenes."
"That's why we have ratings, that movie was rated R!" countered Mc Deaf.
"It seems to me you are basing your claims on two-hundred year old information. Captain Richard, didn't you rate that movie as PG when you signed the supply list?"
"Huh? Oh...uh..." awoke a sleepy Richard. "Uhm..." he said while searching for an answer, what did high officials do to lower people who ask too many questions...
"Sir, we are arriving in two minutes." said one of the pilots.
"All, right guys...be ready for anything." said the Captain, still concentrating on his thought...
"Opening hatch..." said the second pilot.
"They threw them out of airlocks!" the Captain suddenly said.
The pilots, Mr. Cocker, and Mc Deaf all exchanged quizacal glances.
"Captain, is there something wrong?" said the Mc Deaf.
"No, it was a thought." he responded to the question.
Stale air entered through the widening opening of the hatch. It overcame the smell of the humans inside the shuttle granting Mr. Cocker a chance to breath real air.
Captain Richard and the two officers stepped outside of the craft, aiming their Phazers at invisible targets.
Outside the shuttle was surrounded by tall yellowish sick grass. Nearby a large rodent scurried off and then was suddenly eaten by a oversized snake...
I'm gonna post more later...
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Our Host!