Anyone feel like upgrading FaME?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Anyone feel like upgrading FaME?

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

From reading the other post about problems with using FaME on XP, I'm wondering if anyone out there would consider doing a bit of tweaking the FaME source codes to work on XP...

I'm almost positive that I was using FaME on XP at one time. Since then (about 8 months ago), I've upgraded XP with the Service Pack 1...No more FaME. Is this also the case with other XPers having problems?

It's also been halfway established that running the program in compatibility mode for Windows 9x does no good. Solutions to the problem: Re-format and go with Win98; Re-format and go with XP w/out SP1 (which is kind of a bad idea because of the hellacious problems with XP and internet security w/out SP1 installed); or to find a kind soul with the source code to sprouce up FaME..

Any takers?
Gameshark
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Gameshark »

One of those solutions won't work that Win XP with no SP1 is what i'm running on at the moment :roll:. And FaMe won't work well.

Though I may have a solution uncheck the delete files after play box in options, that's how I got mine o work. The only prob is if you want to install a different mod you have to delete all the files FaME put in. :onfire:

If someone could update FaME it would make using MODs a hell of alot easier :BIG:
Ph0enix77
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ph0enix77 »

Works fine for me and i'm running XP Pro with SP1..
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

All my computers run XP, and it has never worked for me. Unchecking delete files makes it work? I'm gonna have to try that, because i could never use any mods... I wanted the patch on, and fame never ever worked...
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Bah, anyway all you need to do is replace the path000.dat file... Although I have to admit that doing only that ends up making the game unpatched whilst your using the mod while if FaME worked the game would stay patched.

You can also try Dims mod enabler I guess, though I have no idea if/how it works.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've tried Dims..I have no idea how it's supposed to work...Tried a bunch of stuff...Can't figure the thing out.
Our Host!