Dimensions..?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.

Simply put; 2D or 3D?

3D, coz' 2D is old and noone(except us fans) is gonna' buy it...
No votes
2D, coz' there's no 3D engine existing that is good enough and a new 3D engine would take waaay to long do develop...
15%
3D, imagine the possibilities...
38%
2D, I want an RPG, NOT an FPS!!!
38%
3D, I want freakin kewl miniguns!!!
No votes
WHAT?!? Another stupid ass poll?!?!?!? Die n00b, DIE!!!!!!!!!
8%
OMFG!!1 F4110u7 F4ntzy!!11! Y6ah,,,1
No votes

Total votes: 26

Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Kozmo_Naut wrote:Then what about the Soldier Of Fortune 2 engine? :twisted:

Using that and Raven's 'GHOUL' animation system would ensure that Fallout 3 has the right amount of bloody deaths...
You Unatco fool!! its the Ghoul 2 engine and that would be much better for a fps and who would want a first person rpg now. But then again, Morrowind is first person and that engine would be perfect. The only problem is that a really good rig is needed for that engine i believe. I dont have that game yet and my computer really suxs so 2d might be good if every1 was hardcore about rpgs..
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I you use the GeoMod engine from Red Faction (the one that lets you take chunks out of the wall with explosives anywhere) it would look good but I'm still for 2D.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Tank wrote:So right... And look at FO1 and FO2, what's wrong with them? The depth of the dtails in those two games is much, much better thwn what you'll find in 99% of all modern 3D-games...
I second that. To tell the truth every time I look the graphics of a modern 3D game I can't stop myself thinking: Goodness what an ugly son of a ...
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:
Kozmo_Naut wrote:Then what about the Soldier Of Fortune 2 engine? :twisted:

Using that and Raven's 'GHOUL' animation system would ensure that Fallout 3 has the right amount of bloody deaths...
You Unatco fool!! its the Ghoul 2 engine and that would be much better for a fps and who would want a first person rpg now. But then again, Morrowind is first person and that engine would be perfect. The only problem is that a really good rig is needed for that engine i believe. I dont have that game yet and my computer really suxs so 2d might be good if every1 was hardcore about rpgs..
You see? That is pretty much the level of my 'FPS-L337ness'...

And my computer sucks, too. I am probably going to buy a new one soon...
Our Host!