Can anyone mod the player models cause i have a question

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Can anyone mod the player models cause i have a question

Post by GooChunks »

Alright can anyone mod the player model so that when he wears power armor he doesnt have a helmet on, is that possible, thanks
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Nope. The only FRM editors I've seen handle only a single frame (where models have several, and depending on the format in several directions too).

Technically we have enough information to MODIFY the PA and do what you want, but we couldn't create a new fresh one properly, and well, there's no app to do it.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

i was just curoius thanks alot though
Stev
SDF!
SDF!

Wait a minute

Post by Stev »

I have been working on this for a while now, and yes, there is a way to do so, although you may encounter some problems...
first to explain:
in the item pro files, i have found a specific mem address which, when edited, makes your char look different. (at 0000007c of 00000081) I have actually had problems with power armour, so try markII, which is 00000232.pro. change the value to 1E, then wear.
PROBLEMS
i understand that this may not work, as the sex of your char, and my ignorance of other parts of the PRO file may signifigantly alter its outcome.

also, blackisle did not include animations for each type of skin with each type of weapon, to save space. dont be suprised if you cannot use a type of weapon that you havent seen that char with, as the lack of animations will cause the game to crash.

hope this idea helps, and if not, im still workin on it
When Hell is full the dead will walk the earth
Red

Post by Red »

Yes, you can change the armour value of a item so that it looks like a different armour. It's interesting that you find the hex offset... Did you find the docs about it anywhere? I'm just making sure that info's logged somewhere so we can eventually use it later.

Anyway, what he wants to do is make an entirely new sprite without his helmet which doesn't exist and thus he'd need to make new graphics.
Stev
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stev »

ITs true that unless you actually edited the FRM files, the original helmetless power armour suit isnt much use,as you can basically use only the rocket launcher and the gatling type weapons animation wise.
all you would need then is a frm viewer that shows more than just the first pic in each FRM, but weve been begging tallented people to do this for a while now...
Red

Post by Red »

Red!Viewer works fine with all FRMs.
Stev
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stev »

err.. your prog gives me an error

Run-time error '91':
Object Variable or With block variable not set

thats no good.. stupid XP
Red

Post by Red »

That has nothign to do with XP as I developed this on XP... What I hate about that error message though is that it's one you should get when developing the application, not when running it.

a) You have DirectX8 or better installed?

b) You might need DLLs albeit you should get an appropriate message if so I don't know about that...

c) You just clicked to on the application? You didn't drag&drop a file onto it or something?
Stev
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stev »

It looks like a VB application, from the interface and error message, but I have VB, so therefore I would probably have the appropriate dll files in my system directory
i have the latest directX version 9.0
and i simply started the prog
im sure its a good prog then, its not like im inclined to make the proposed mod (helmetless power armour) anyways, what happened to geotrunks?
Our Host!