Having problems running "Wasteland" on C64 emu.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Having problems running "Wasteland" on C64 emu.

Post by ApTyp »

I'm using VICE 1.10 for emulation.
When I run first of four files that were in the archive, I get to the part that asks me whether I want to load a saved game, then the game asks me to "insert side 1" or something. I try attaching disk images to 8-drive, but it either asks me the same thing or gives "i/o error".

Help! Please?..
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I usually used CCS64 but never tried it with Wasteland. I have a PC version of the game.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Nevermind that, I figured out how to run it.

I don't know why some people like C64 version better. PC version is superior in all respects.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Back in the 80's the C64 had the superior graphics to the IBM PC. I grew up with the Commodore and had a good variety of copied games. Unfortunately I didn't know about Wasteland back then, I was more into the arcade type games and cool space trading games like Elite. You may want to try playing that.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

[nostalgia] Ah.. god bless the old Commodore 64. [/nostalgia]
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I played "Elite" on ZX Spectrum/Sinclair clone I had, 'way back' in 1990-92, not sure about the date. I remember how cool it was that you can get your income from supply and demand play on different star systems. I didn't get the flying part, because as soon as I h-jumped to the system, I was unable to find the spacestation! I thought I saw something like that, but it was so far in the distance I was afraid my fuel would end sooner than I reach it. Plus, I've always been attacked, even in peaceful systems. I ended up using "station jump" cheat, or whatever it is called, and didn't play it to the end for a number of reasons.

I tried playing Elite-2 about a year ago on my PC, but the excitement just wasn't there.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

The 3d flying controls took awhile to master but once you did combat was pretty easy. Even in a democratic system there were bad guys in the outlying areas where you hyperjumped into. So you had to be ready to take them on. I liked that part because then you could kill them and scoop up their cargo to make some extra $. The only bad part was running into an alien armada which was very difficult to kill.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Was there really an invisible planet I kept hearing about?

And getting back to "Wasteland", I'm asking for a spoiler, but I finished the game with no sign of it explaining what happened with "Citadel" station. That remains a mystery, right? Unless you count speculations, of course.
L337
SDF!
SDF!

Post by L337 »

Where can I get the wasteland Computer game (site) ?
Fallout 2 rockz!!!!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Our Host!