Who is an Evil Bastard?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Ezechial_Rage
Regular
Regular

Who is an Evil Bastard?

Post by Ezechial_Rage »

If you've played an evil character, what made you so evil? What was the nastiest thing you did, and what was your motivation in doing it?
This is where all you cutthroats come out of the woodwork and confess your sins!

I have to admit that I was a goodie-goodie, but I did stand by as a puppy dog got beaten to death in the street. *whimper*

Oh, the memory haunts me still......
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Forgive me for i have sinned *snicker* My bandit cahracter Killed the entire of Stillwater because it seemed like a good idea at the time
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Archchancellor wrote:Forgive me for i have sinned *snicker* My bandit cahracter Killed the entire of Stillwater because it seemed like a good idea at the time
...at the time? What "time"? Induced-with-somekinda-drug "time"? :lol: :twisted:
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

My dark elfy magey guy obliterated shrouded hills, stillwater and anyone who pissed him off inbetween, which was quite a lot. Lol, i still remember Elder Joachim rushing at me angrily, so i just cast "disintengrate". POOF! No more Joachim. :twisted:

EDIT - Oh yeah, i killed all the good elves as well, but i used a special spell to make Raven my slave, and made her wipe out her own people. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Re: Who is an Evil Bastard?

Post by Dan »

Ezechial_Rage wrote: I have to admit that I was a goodie-goodie, but I did stand by as a puppy dog got beaten to death in the street. *whimper*

Oh, the memory haunts me still......
It doesn't matter if your'e good or bad, you should always save that dog.

He's one of the better NPC's in the game.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

There are a few ways that one can go about getting worthless mutt (Dog) in your party. You can pay off the gnome for the food that dog supposedly ate, threaten the gnome until he leaves off & clears out, or if you fail to get there in time you can always resurect him & he'll readily join you.

A few warnings & comments on the dog. He doesn't count against your maximum number of NPC's. If he's in your party you may not ride on the trains (no big deal, if you ask me). He'll get more than his fair share of kills & this makes fights even easier than they already were :x
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Ezechial_Rage
Regular
Regular

Post by Ezechial_Rage »

I didn't know about the dog when I let him die. I did get him with a different character though.... almost makes everything too easy.
Ezechial_Rage
Regular
Regular

Post by Ezechial_Rage »

I thought there would be more blackhearted people out there. After all, this is a Fallout site hehe
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Hi

I played as a morally challenged magic user once, but when I tried holding up the bank in shrouded hills I got laughed at by the bank teller, 'what you going to do wave your sword at me' or something to that effect.

Nothing more likely to deflate a guy's ego and make him go straight, than a dose of public ridicule.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I prefer playing RPG's through more than once to explore the character possibilities. That however is going to have to wait until I have a computer that is a bit friendlier with Arcanum. Do you have any idea what a video compatability problem looks like? Ever try to play in safe mode?

I expect that I shall play again at my earlies convinience & look foreward to exploring the evil path. Anyone wanting to help me in this quest can send me $1000+ for a new PC :D .
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
jvn3t
SDF!
SDF!

Post by jvn3t »

I had a good time as a half-orc gunsmity/explosives expert. I don't like how the game progresses though, as having you act more subserviently while my char was the greedy, take charge type.
Prepare to shit the enemy!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Well, I just killed anyone who I didn't like, slaughtered several towns, too. I can't remember all the bad things I did, but I guess the worst thing was when I joined the bad guy in the end.

Hmh, killing Gilbert and taking over his mansion wasn't very nice either.
b0b
SDF!
SDF!

Post by b0b »

I destroyed stillwater and caladon. Killed the king of caladon. robbed the bank and then killed the guy who gave me the combo to the safe. Did just about bad thing that you can do. Fucked alot too. aaahhh threesome followed by a fling with a sheep. can't beat that.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

My more evil moment was breaking into a house and killing the wife in her sleep, then turning her into my undead puppet and forcing her to kill her own family and neighbours. That'll teach her for mocking my butt-ugly evil character.
Ezechial_Rage
Regular
Regular

Post by Ezechial_Rage »

That's the kind of evil I like to hear about! All these people simply mauling entire towns doesn't seem to quite measure up to one truely dastardly deed :)
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Come on! There must be more evil out there? I've heard of the atrocities you've committed in the wastelands, I suspect that the lands of Arcanum fared no better.
Flink
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Flink »

My snickering necromancer didn't stop until the entire city of Quin'tara was no more. Raising the dead elves and make them slay their loved ones was grand to be sure! (insert manic laughter!) :twisted:

I also slew many semi-importaint NPC's for talking back at me, Longhaire for example. I even atempted to slay Nastudin. But he banished me to the void. :(

After a reload I went in to the void, killed Kerghan and finished his plan alone. Ending all life in the world of Arcanum! :evil:

So there! :D
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I played a tech dwarf & originally tried to be a neutral character. I figured that the damned elves & magic users had caused my problems in the first place, so I tended to be especially surly to both. In the end I still ended up with an alarmingly positive alignment but I can say that I took a great deal of pleasure in ridding most of Arcanum of those nasty, magic shop merchants.

I regret leaving the elves to live but didn't quite have the heart to destroy them (it might have balanced me out once again but didn't seem in character despite my dislike of elves) & had some concern that I might not be able to finish the game if I had. Ah well, perhaps next time I'll go out of my way to play an evil PC & rampage my way across the continent.

Strangest thing of all was most of the towns didn't even bother to notice. Go figure<g>
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Haha!
I made a Necromancer/Expert fighter/Dodger
I killed the Dark Elves and the Good Elves.
I killed Stillwater because someone pissed me off.
I killed all but one of the identifier gypsy people.
I killed tons of people in Tarant and in Ashbury.
And i killed them all with everyones favorite sword "The Bangellian Scourge"

Its great fun. I killed Arronax with Harm after i got the mastery for Necromancy. When i almost killed Nasrudin he banished me though.

If you read this and you want to have fun with Arcanum make a character with a really low intellegance. You get the best comments to pick from in the dialogue.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Cipher
Respected
Respected

Post by Cipher »

I'm currently playing a mostly good guy. I do have this tendancy to mug people, like the general shop owner in Terant that foolishly carried $6,000 on his person.

Next though I want to play either a Half ogre super bad guy brute or a evil combat mage elf or half elf.

That was a good idea, I'll have to start robbing all of the magic owners I can find.

That brings up an interesting thing too, unlike Fallout I love how in Arcanum you can rob a shop and if you do it quickly no one knows about it and you can get away with it, in FO you rob some shop owner or person a mile from anything and the entire town starts attacking you.
Our Host!