FODE

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

FODE

Post by Temaperacl »

(Last Update: 5-4-2002) (State: Development) (FODE.ZIP, 23.4k)
New version of the FO Dialogue Editor is up.

-The "Effects" field is now used, and the parsing enhanced so that you can now alter any function in the script (although the focus is still dialogue).

-You can now write to existing script files without losing the information already in them (existing nodes with the same name as one of yours will be overwritten, new nodes will be added, others will be ignored.)

Remember that this is still in development, and so is not free of serious bugs or possible memory leaks..
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Again, how does this FODE work? I think I tried to use it (one of the earlier versions) and didn't quite understand it...
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I really should be doing my homework right now, so this is going to just a brief couple of points.. I'll see about typing up a manual or somesuch later..

-File->Open to select existing dialogue to edit.
-Node->New to create a new dialogue node
-Node->Open to open the existing dialogue tree.
-In the effects field, "%S is where the statement is shown, %1-%6 is where the code to dispaly the answers is put.
-The name of the node/funnction is displayed in the top bar of each window.
-Not all nodes will have dialogue. If the statement and answer fields are empty, just keep pressing next until you get to a node that does have them..
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

So what language do I need to use for the programming-parts?
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

The scripting language isn't any of the other programming languages- probably the closest one out there is Pascal for the syntax.. The easiest way to get the hang of it is probably just to mess around with it some, but if you would like a more detailed explanation of the scripting language (as output and accecepted by the compiler/decompiler), I'll see what I can do, but I can't make any promises for posting such an explanation quickly..
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

That would be very much appreciated, mate!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

The initial description of the script files is in the Fallout Modding 3: Script (IPP) files thread- sorry about taking so long about this.
Our Host!