Need some input

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.

What to do with the wall tiles...?

Put only the bottom 2 in
No votes
Put only the bottom-most in
No votes
Don't put any wall tiles in
50%
Could you repeat the question?
50%

Total votes: 2

Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Need some input

Post by Max-Violence »

In my current map, I've got the PCs going down the side of a mountain. In said mountain, there is a rather large cave that the PCs get to go into.

Do you dudes/dudettes think I should put tiles for the walls of the cave in, or leave 'em out? Technically, the tiles don't need to be there (since the sloping mountain "floor" blocks the view from inside the cave to the outside), but it looks a little better. However, the mountain walls are 3 mountain-wall tiles high (i.e. the bottom is on level 0, the middle is on level 6, and the top is on level 12), so the two upper sets of tiles sorta get in the way.

But, with the tiles there, it looks better. But, they don't need to be there...

Of course, I could just not put in the top-most or top two sets of wall tiles, but that kinda looks dumb (since all the other walls are 3 tiles high).

Well, I dunno. I'm leaning towards not putting any wall tiles in the cave, what y'all think?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Heh, nevermind...

I forgot one little factor: When the PCs are in the cave, the mountiain floor pops, revealing the floor of the cave. Well, when that happens, it also reaveals the tiles (rather, the lack of tiles) that are/would be outside the very walls I'm having an issue with. So, in order to make the thing not look like poop, I had to put some more cave-floor tiles down, of which means that the PCs can go "outside the walls" (assuming the walls aren't there to save some CPU usage and/or unblock the view of the cave).

So, the walls actually need to be there. Oh well :lol:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!