Archs story

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Archs story

Post by Archchancellor »

Heh now fear my literal might as i have finished off the first part of my story its quite big so it may not fit on one post please dont mistake this for spamming its still in the beta version so here ya go

This is not a fanfic about Fallout. No, it about somewhere entirely different which just happens to be, here and there a bit . . . Falloutish.
Still . . . no worries, right?

Prologue

Excerpt from the Journal of Leldorian

Near a fortified town, a Heavily Fortified city is being besieged. But something is different; the besieged have to deal with weapons different from the types the raiders use. Miniguns, Bozars, Heavy Assault Weapons...Military Weapons! The sieger’s though they are few they are the elite of the mercenaries. Their camp is a fair way back from the front line, but they have a picket line around the city to keep the besieged from breaking out. In a heavily defended camp, situated aggressively in near the city gates, there seems to be some activity, but not very much. The Quartermaster seems to be arguing with a soldier, the mechanic is busily at work and the doctor is tending his patients. There is some activity in the middle of the camp, coming from a very plush tent, it seems a conversation is finishing.

“Sir the soldiers have broken the city defenses � said a lieutenant who was mopping his brow in the heat
“Excellent Poseidon Oil should have its fuel back soon, all is going to plan� the figure in the shadow said happily “the soldiers should now have enough problems to deal with� he said in a matter of fact tone to the lieutenant “send in the elite forces at seventeen hundred hours.� The figure from the shadow finished.
“Sir!� says the lieutenant, as he pulls off a salute and marches away. “Fools, they should have never put up any resistance,� says the figure. “Oh well they will just have to learn the hard way� he continues.

The man sighs, “Why is it that everyone must learn the hard way?� he asks the top of the tent. The man who walks out of the shadows looks very tired and young. He walks over to his desk and rings a bell. A man that can be best described as a young General wearing power amour walks into the tent.
“You don’t look very well Sir,� says the general bluntly. The mans faces takes on a look of annoyance,
“How many times to I have to tell you Leldorian call me by my first name. You act like you are as dumb as an ogre, but I know that there is a keen intellect under that uniform of yours, honestly I think you do that just to annoy me.� Leldorian face breaks into a wide grin
“Ok Gareth you still don’t look very well you should get some more sleep. By the way we should have some serious consideration of just sending in a Covert Ops force to just kill the leader and get this over with.� He replied morosely.
“They have one of the last fuel supplies of Poseidon Oil that’s how they were able to fortify the town so quickly. We were lucky to get to them before the other company did,� said Gareth “Mr. Biter will be pleased. Now go and give the orders,� he said with an authoritative voice
“Yes Sir!� replied Leldorian

Just before Leldorian can walk out, a booming voice appears out of all the active radios and COM frequencies
“ REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST VAULT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL!�
“Shit someone’s started the nuking!� Leldorian said with faint traces of panic in his voice “Gareth where’s the nearest shelter!� Leldorian asked him the panic rising within him
“The nearest one is two days away! Bugger this!� he almost screamed “get the shelters up and ready in ten minutes� he yelled at the dumbstruck lieutenant “start digging the god damn shelters!� at the lieutenant who was still standing there in awe of the anger of his superior “Get moving! I don’t care how you do it just get the shelters up! Take the fuel from the military vehicles if you have to just do it!� he screamed his voice breaking at the now moving lieutenant “But bury some weapons under ground just in case some of us may survive� Gareth yelled absent mindedly after Leldorian
“SIR, YES, SIR!� Leldorians voice echoed back as he exited the tent. In an unorganized rush that only a soldier who is retreating can do. Every single soldier was called back from the picket fence and in a flurry of determined hours the shelter was finished.

Gareth watched as the shelter is finished and they buried the weapons. The soldier’s rush under ground taking all the non-combat equipment up such as food synthesizers and water purifiers all the bombs start dropping...Journal Ends

Part One

Chapter One

On America, cataclysmic events are going to take place, let’s go have a look. It is has been eighty long years since the first bombs were dropped only a handful have survived without protection and those that did some were horribly mutated and some remained normal and these people started to get the world going again. It is the same with the creatures. Now lets have a look at where the Adventure begins.

The story starts with a shelter opening and walking out of it come five young adults’ two boys and three girls.
“Well this is the first time we’ve been outside,� said a Auburn headed girl “It doesn’t seem like much� she sniffed disdainfully
“Well my Dad did say the world would’ve changed now Nedra,� a blond haired boy replied “Now lets find those pistols and rifles my Dad always talked about,� said a blond haired boy putting the emphasis on always.
“You should know where they are Khelder, since your dad always went on about where he buried them� replied Nedra stamping her feet irritably at the heat of the sun
“Yeah Khelder, you should� said a boy with black hair said backing up Nedra “Now you tell us where to dig and lets find those Desert eagles and Fn-Fals, � stated the black haired boy.

“Shut up Leo!� said the smallest girl of the three irritably “Just because your dad was a general doesn’t mean you can boss us around� she said to him imperiously “and stop sticking up for Nedra just because you want to marry her� she said evilly “most probably for her cooking� she finished after pausing to think for a couple of seconds “How would you know Catherine?� asked the tallest of the girls surprised “ Have you been eavesdropping again?� she asked her mockingly
“I’ll get you for that Rita� replied Catherine with her eyes flashing in anger.
“OK lets break it up before a fight starts my Dad said there’s a crate buried about twenty paces from the entrance now lets go and find it,� said Khelder
“I agree,� said the rest in unison then they all broke out laughing as they went to search for the crate.

“Ok Khelder what now� said Nedra as they finished measuring the twenty paces “Well I guess we start digging did anyone remember a shovel if not were all going to have to go back to the shelter� replied Khelder.
“We might as well get something to eat and drink too� said Leo “that doesn’t surprise anyone very much coming from me now does it?� he chuckled.
“At least it gets us out of this heat� Catherine said
“It’s getting seriously hot out here� “It is isn’t it? Lets go inside just go inside for something to drink we might find some old water canteens in the storage so we can take some water out with us next time. What do you say Rita?� Kheldar asked
“Why not� said Rita as a reply

About twenty meters from the entrance a watcher in the bushes was getting seriously interested about what they were going to do and decided he was going to run back to his clan as soon as they went into that shelter.
“Tor’gal shall give me a reward for this,� he said in a whisper “five young adults and a box of weapons? Maybe he’ll let me have the tall one he thought lustily

Nedra while walking to the entrance was having some serious thoughts about the leadership of the group. She was thinking that she was more fitting to lead than Kheldar. “Leo will be easy all I’ll need to do is seduce him the others will be harder though,� she thought. She then smiled thinly at a thought of hers “All I need to do is discover their weaknesses or just win them over it will be easy� she then wiped the grin of her face as they neared the shelters entrance. But Nedra was not the only one that was thinking about leadership. Surprisingly it was Catherine she was thinking that she needed to get on the right side of Khelder to better have her way within the group.
“It will be very simple all I need to do is get close to Khelder over the next few months and then just invite him to bed he will become the perfect lover its that or marry him either way is pleasing though’ she thought.

As they reached the entrance the floor descended at a slight angle to a large steel door. Khelder opened a barely visible panel and pressed his hand against the surface. On the wall opposite the panel a keypad opened up and Leo punched in a code on the keypad. The door opened with a hiss as air rushed out to greet the dull lifeless air of the world. The group walked into a corridor that had a distinctly military feel. It had two automated turrets at the end and was in a straight line with corridors branching off here and there they walked straight down the middle taking them to an intersection.

As soon as the man saw the five of them go down the entrance he got up and bolted to his Northeast. The man was almost completely bald, he had a strange tattoo on his upper muscles of his left arm resembling that of a Dragon and on the lower part of the right arm there was a motto engraved in black ink “FIGHT, BURN, KILL� and an unrecognizable signal underneath it.

“Well we might as well go to the dorms and get some work clothes,� said Khelder
“Yeah� said Catherine
“Why not? We’re going to do a lot of digging anyway so we might as well change� Rita grinned.
“We’ll see you in the mess hall in thirty minutes boys, unless it takes you more than thirty minutes to say how macho you are and pose in front of your mirror to get changed that is� she giggled. Then as one the girls started down the left corridor giggling to them and occasionally looking back then giggling some more.

“Well that’s a bit strange isn’t it?� said Leo
“Yes very strange there no normally like that it seems like their plotting something doesn’t it?� Khelder asked
“Yes it wouldn’t surprise me if they were there probably plotting to discriminate us’ replied Leo “Oh well lets keep going� he continued
“Yeah we might as well,� replied Khelder as he started walking down the right corridor. As he was walking down the corridor Khelder was taking in the surrounding in the surroundings that he saw every day of his live for the last eighteen years. The control panels the electronics he had to fix every now and then. He sighed softly but audible enough to let Leo hear it. “What’s wrong Khelder you should be happy were going to be able to use the weapons we find soon and as soon as we can use the weapons we can leave� they both walked in silence to their dorms.

While they were changing Khelder asked “Leo you know about what you said about the point that were leaving the shelter that’s what I’m worried about. I’m afraid I’ll be the one to get us killed...by the way you do know that if you tell anybody about this I’ll deny it,� Khelder said. Leo replied jokingly
“Naturally Stalwart Leader� he then grinned “I’m sure nothing will happen serious will happen to us remember?

Our dads taught us all those army maneuvers I can just imagine them arguing about a punch... “No that’s not how you do it Leldorian you have to lock your wrist not allow it to be flexible� your dad would say and mine would reply, “I’ve been in more battles then you! Why don’t we take this to the boxing ring and the fight would resume in them both knocking each other senseless and us having to carry them back to the dorms so they could at least be unconscious comfortably�. Leo sighs loudly “We had better finish changing and meet the girls in the mess hall Before they find some way to make fun of us again� Leo said and the they finished changing putting on there work jumpsuits and headed for the mess hall.

After reaching the intersection they walked to the right and turned at the first left down the corridor and went into the mess hall seeing that no one was there yet they started to walk to the food synthesizers to order their lunch. But in the girls dorm a conversation is going on between Rita and Catherine...
“I’m telling you Rita it doesn’t matter what color it is your only going to use it for work.� said Catherine.
“But I look horrible in this color it makes me look pale and ... � Rita replied,
“It doesn’t matter what you look like!� Nedra said angrily. “Whom are you trying to impress the boys?� she continued mockingly with an arched eyebrow.
“Never mind about Nedra but honestly I think it suits you,� said Catherine encouragingly “You really think so?� Rita said,
“Yes I really think grey suits you,� replied Catherine
“She probably just wants to impress Khelder� Nedra laughed mockingly at Rita, Rita blushed vividly as Nedra continued to laugh.
“You know I think you love Khelder more Nedra� Catherine teased. Nedra was quiet promptly after that comment “Anyway� Catherine continued smoothly “We should get to the mess hall before the boys start thinking up comments on how long we were�.

“We really should� said Rita “we’ve been more than thirty minutes haven’t we?� “More like forty five� said Nedra “lets not keep them waiting ladies� then Nedra taking the lead, walked out of the dorms leaving Catherine and Rita walking after her. Rita asked in a hushed voice.
“Catherine did you really mean what you said about the color suiting me?� then Catherine replied in the same hushed tone
“Yes I really do think it suits you Rita�
“Thank you� simply replied Rita in a hushed tone of voice. Then none of them talked as they walked to the mess hall. Taking in there surroundings for what could possibly the last time.

Chapter Two

“I wonder where the girls are?� asked Leo
“Why are you missing their company?� said Khelder
“No, Not really� Leo stated “but they’re usually punctual if it gives them a chance to annoy us though� he continued
“Oh well its nice an quiet here at least� said Khelder.
“Yeah� he replied unenthusiastically, then taking in the surroundings of the mess hall. The mess hall was fairly military and of an ordinary design, the food synthesizers were laid out against the wall just behind the cafeteria slide, there was even a set of electrically driven stoves and ovens. Though they seem to be rusting away since no one uses them very much he thought. The benches were all set in rows of five, come to think of it this shelter has a lot to do with five there’s five corridors, five ovens, five of us and even five divisions of the Mercenary companies. Before our fathers had to go into this shelter...

“What are you thinking about Leo,� yelled Nedra as she walked into the Mess hall, derailing his current train of thought.
“Oh you know boys stuff girls, sex, how long it takes you three to get ready for work,� he yelled back at her Jokingly. Nedras voice took on a flinty tone
“One more wise crack like that and I will make you wish you were never born Leo� she yelled back.
“You already do Nedra,� Khelder yelled to Nedra before Leo could say his response “Maybe you should come over here so we can talk like normal people but of course you were never normal were you Nedra?� Khelder yelled mockingly
“Well just you wait until you have a wife then I can tell her all your bad habits!� she shouted back with a hint of steel in her voice “Just let us get our lunches first then I’ll go over there and insult you some more� she yelled to him again
“Ok� Khelder shouted back “I cant wait� he yelled again almost as a after thought and then he started to eat. Leo taking this as a reminder that his stomach was warning him. That it was going to kill him if he didn’t eat took Khelder’s unspoken advice and started to eat.

As Nedra came to the table Khelder jokingly said to Leo who was just finishing off a piece of beef.
“Look are esteemed Queen of Annoying has finally come to join her subjects� he said in a mockingly servile Leo nearly chocked thinking that Khelder was going to get a tongue lashing from Nedra. But before Nedra could get in a retort Catherine said
“The way you two argue makes me think that the pair of you are starting to fall in love� in a voice that was so clear that Nedras’ reply stopped on her lips and the almost continuous smirk on Khelder’s face for once slipped off it in shear horror at what she said
Might be true from the look Khelder’s and Nedras’ face it might possibly be true thought Leo then without even thinking he said quietly
“Well this is the quietest we’ve been for a while we haven’t been this quiet even when we’re asleep� suddenly every started to laugh then the laugh turned to a full on roar of laughter from the five young adults in the room which lasted for about three minutes.

As the laughter from everyone subsided
“Khelder and Leo?� she asked sweetly
“Yes� they both replied cautiously
“Why don’t you two go to the storeroom and see if they’ve got any shovels or machinery to help us with our digging? Since you two have already finished you shouldn’t have any problems with that should you?� she said sweetly cutting off there objections by fluttering her eyelashes. Quietly the boys left the mess hall by heading towards the corridor they came form. Once they walked out the two of them took a right left turn heading towards the end of the corridor where there was a door their looking very formidable and locked.

After the two boys reached the door Leo took out a card from around his neck and inserted it into the lock that looked very much like a face having two buttons and the card slot. After about thirty seconds there was a grinding sound as if very heavy piece of metal was being moved across then with a dull hiss of air the door opened to reveal a storage chamber the size of three normal rooms split into three different sections one was lockers, one was shelf’s filled with stimpacks and ammo and the last section was crates filled with only god knows what.
“Lets take a look in the lockers first� Khelder suggested, “Maybe we could find some Combat Armour too. “I remember what my Dad would say. “Don’t get in a fight without something protecting you against a bullet from behind� he continued in a dreamy almost frightening voice when Leo said
“Hang on I remember what your dad talked like and he didn’t talk like that� he stated “Alright what he really said was “Don’t get in an ass kicking contest with a porcupine� Happy now?� he replied sullenly as he opened a locker containing a suit for technicians “Yes� Leo replied quietly.

After searching the lockers and finding nothing but rotting suits for technicians and medical staff they turned to the shelves and found nothing but stimpacks and about five cartridges of Armour piercing rounds for a desert eagle. They finally got to the crates the first three of them were filled up to the brim with combat Armour that were disintegrating and starting to rot. Then suddenly Leo yelled out to Khelder
“I found something over here Khelder� Khelder rushed over to where Leo was peering into a crate and gazed upon four suits of combat Armour inside the crates.

“Well we found our Armour that we’re going to use, but there’s a problem� said Khelder
“What’s that?� asked Leo
“Well� Khelder said apprehensively “There’s five of us, but there’s only four suits of combat Armour and three of them are girls suits there would probably be more if there was enough people left but they all died, by that mutiny against our the girls and our dads that’s what killed them in the end remember if there were more people the Combat Armour would probably be in better condition if they didn’t try and raid the storage room first you remember how picky Catherine’s dad was about keeping the equipment in order I just wish he didn’t kill them over these crates� he continued reminiscing

As Leo heard the facts his triumphant smile faded into just a frown “Yes your right� he said, “lets finish checking these crates first though.� as they searched the remaining crates Leo was thinking very quickly
“Khelder, I’ve got a question?� Leo asked as they were opening the last crate
“For me you shouldn’t have� he said grinning, Leo ignored that comment and said
“Didn’t your Dad have a suit of Power Armour in his closet?� Khelder pondered the question even as he started to pry open the crate
“Yes I think he does. I’ll check as soon as we open this crate I think he may have got rid of it though,� he said as he finished prying the crate open and he looked inside
“We’ve finally found our digging tools� Khelder continued, “there a bit old, but they aren’t rusty luckily. We might as well start unpacking this crate; you want to go get the girls while I have a look for my dads’ Power Armour?� he asked,
“Might as well� said Leo “We’ve got a lot of things to carry and your dad told us that Power Armour has Mechanical Servos that enhance your strength am I right?� he continued,
“Yeah your right, hey I just got a brilliant idea if we do find the Power Armour� Khelder said excitedly,
“What’s that Khelder?� Leo asked puzzled
“If I insult Nedra she can’t do anything about it!� he then roared with laughter. Leo muttered some choice curses he heard from his dad when he was drunk
“You know there’s something else you can do?� Leo said grinning,
“What’s that?� said Khelder trying to get himself under control by clenching his mouth into a smile
“You could also use the Armour to pick up this crate� he said with a grin on his face and watched as Khelder’s smile turned into a grimace
“You could be a pack mule for us� he started to laugh and then stopped suddenly “Sorry for teasing you Khelder I know how you feel about lifting this it would take two of us in Power Armour to lift this crate and even then the stuff would fall through the bottom� smiling as he finished the sentence.

Chapter Three

The man that had been running to the Northeast abruptly stopped at the canyon he ran into and started to walk slowly to the west wall as if afraid it was going to bite him suddenly a piece of the wall opened to reveal a big stocky ugly looking man, with a eye patch over his right, eye and with a shotgun trained on the other mans forehead.
“The bell was struck at midnight,� he intoned reverentially almost as if he were speaking to a god.
“But time has no meaning in the cave of souls� he replied in the same tone of voice as the one eyed man had said.
“Your late Ghreed!� said the one eyed man
“I couldn’t help it Dinarck, I was just getting a very good deal without the customers knowing it� replied Ghreed blatantly
“You might as well go in and tell Tor’gal then, though be careful he’s meeting with a diplomat of Saru’s clan the girls a shrewd one I’ll give her that� he said
“The diplomats a girl!� said Ghreed in disbelieve
“Yes a pretty one too just be careful she broke, Maigans arm when he tried to pinch her bottom� Dinarck said flatly
“I think I can live with Maigans misery,� Ghreed said
“You’ve got to go see Tor’gal still, I’ll see you in the bar and talk to you then� said Dinarck “Ok then I’ll go see Tor’gal and tell him about that deal then, I’ll see you in the bar tonight we can get drunk together and see if we can win at that tragic game.� said Ghreed as he started walking off down the cave into a well lighted area
“Hope you can stay alive for more than five minutes this time Ghreed� replied Dinarck

As Ghreed entered the room at the very end of the caves cavern. He heard a faint scream echoing through the cave
“Hmmm it must be Maigan getting his arm set by the doctor� he said to himself “Oh well better him then me� he said to himself again “As he neared the door he was preparing himself for Tor’gal “he can be really drunk sometimes� thought Ghreed.

As he opened the door to he poked his head round the edge of the door to peer in and heard Tor’gal bellow at him
“GET IN HERE GHREED YOU LOUSY SNEAK THIEF!� Ghreed silently opened the door full way stepped in the room and closed the door after him. He then crept into a unlighted corner and hid in the shadows, seeing the back of the person standing in front of Tor’gal imperiously and heard a Tor'gals rough voice say to the person “I don’t care what your Clan chieftain says If Gravich is planning to kill my friends’ and brothers’ clan I’m going to kill him first and I don’t care what you chieftain says� putting on an ominous tone of voice he continued “So tell me why can’t I kill him? Hmm?�
A distinctly soft voice said
“Well Tor’gal if you kill him you will break a clan war out with the five remaining clans and eventually all we have worked so hard for will be destroyed because of you�. “The salve trades not going very well for the clans and they might think that you’re the reason if you start a clan war without the others been present to verify the reasons� the voice continued almost clinically. “And that’s why you must not kill him without making a way to look like its some one in there own clan not just assassins. Do you mind telling your man to come out where I can see him? I don’t like people who hide from me� the soft voice said without even changing her clinical manner.

Tor’gal as if remembering something roared
“Ghreed didn’t I say come here!� Ghreed flinching momentarily from the voice walked out of the shadows and passed by the stranger.
“Yes Tor’gal� said Ghreed pleasantly, Tor’gals’ eye started to bulge but he got control of himself
“Turn around and meet your new partner for a year, Sara � he chuckled “I’m sure you two will get along fine since your both sneak thieves.� Ghreed just about to object is cut off by Tor’gals next remark “ My decision Ghreed! Now what the hell do you want� he asked Ghreed.
“Well Sir, I know of a cache of weapons that come with a couple of strong healthy slaves. Have I caught your attention yet?� he finished as Tor’gal grinned
“Not only have you got my attention but if you weren’t in my clan I would of tortured you for the information no matter what!� Tor’gal said still grinning, “Now why don’t you tell me and your new partner where these slaves and that weapon cache is� suddenly the Ghreeds' new partner spoke
“But first we should discuss the percentage of your cut of the money� she said softly pulling off her hood to reveal her face and coal black hair, Ghreed was startled by her beauty and was wondering what her features were like “Didn’t your mother tell you It was impolite to stare� she reprimanded
“Well considering I killed my mother, No� Ghreed said without a care.

“We’re getting of the subject people� said Tor’gal with a glint of steel in his eye “My cut is going to be Seventy Five percent� he said in a no argument about it voice Sara’s eyes went very dark
“You have got to be joking! Yours should be Twenty Five percent at the most,� Sara said with a foreboding voice
“Twenty Five percent!� Tor’gal yelled, “It should be Seventy five but I’m willing to go at Sixty percent!� he continued still yelling at the cool tempered Sara
“Fifty percent and not a penny more� Sara said with a slight tone in her voice which said. If you don’t agree I’ll break your arm
“Fine then Fifty percent it is then� Tor’gal said unhappily “I’ll go get my men to help get these weapons and slaves. Now get out of my sight� Ghreed and Sara walked out into the hallway.

Suddenly Ghreed got very angry with his new partner
“Did you have any idea of the chance, you were taking� he yelled at Sara “Tor’gal Is very dangerous when he’s sober!� he continued to yell at her until Sara interrupted his yelling, “You do know that I am dangerous too and he knows it that’s why my chief sent me down here� she said ominously, Ghreed caught the hint almost instantly and said
“Just don’t do anything like that without consulting me first please its very disconcerting when people surprise me�
“Fine we just met would you like to go outside so we can place this deal while we’re waiting for Tor’gal to get his men ready� Sara said to Ghreed as they were walking down the corridor to the exit of the caverns
“Would you like to set any ground rules?� asked Ghreed. Sara replied
“Yes, we discuss every deal before hand, you don’t touch me and I don’t touch you without each others permission and we don’t try and kill each other how’s that?� she asked.
“Works fine with me. Now lets get out side it’s a little stuffy in here� he said indifferently as they continued to walk outside as they reached the exit
“I’ll see you outside I need to talk to Dinark,� he said
“Who’s Dinark?� asked Sara curiously
“The doorman� Ghreed replied
“Ah the big man with one eye� Sara stated “yep,� said Ghreed.

“Ho Mr. Ghreed the sneak thief!� Dinark said to Ghreed as he approached
“Ho Mr. Dinark the doorman!� replied Ghreed in the same fashion
“Heard Tor’gal wasn’t too drunk when you saw him also heard you’ve got a new partner that pretty little thing that just went outside� he replied grinning, Ghreed sighs audibly
“‘Twas not my fault I had to take her in wary of my health� Dinark starts to howl with laughter “Let me guess Tor’gal threatened you to take her?� Ghreed put on a mock look of unhappiness
“That was the way it happened� he sighs again “Now I’m stuck with that pretty little thing you mentioned� he finished grinning
“Man, I envy you since, ever you joined this clan everything’s went your way from the beginning.� Dinark said morosely “But you must be happy since you’ve now got her with you. Oh well I’ll see you if you get back alive� he finished, Ghreed replied
“Yeah I’ll see you when I get back� as Ghreed left his friend he had a feeling something momentous was happening and he’d got caught in the web of it all as he walked out he saw Tor’gal waiting for him to come out of the cave
“You’re here finally now lets get going before someone finds it before us.� Tor’gal said with an exasperated voice as the group six of clan warrior got up. From there spots “Now lets head out!� Tor’gal bellowed as they all started jogging to follow after Ghreed seeing as he was the only one that knows where the place is.

Chapter Four

As Khelder finished searching his fathers’ room and searched his fathers old hiding places he used have he leaned back against one of the pictures his mother collected. Suddenly hearing a crack he turned around quickly to see if he damaged the frame but to his surprise the wall turned gently inward to reveal a passage way dimly lit by the lights that run on only one micro fusion batteries.
“These lights must have been going for years,� murmured Khelder then he stood in awe at the startling revelation he had uncovered. A fully functional computer that was in front of a suit of power armor and a gold chain both in their separate glass cases. Walking up to the computer slowly as if it was going to explode Khelder looked at the monitor the screen read “please enter name� Khelder thinking it was his fathers name typed the name “Leldorian� in and the computer screen read “account nonexistent� Khelder surprised that it was not his fathers tried his own name as he finished typing his name in the computer started to beep and whirr and the screen read “Accessing account, password… none, video found initiate playback yes/no?�

Khelder stood in awe of the picture of his father in Power Armour as he finished typing “yes�.
“Since this is probably you Khelder I won’t beat around the bush� the projection of his father said “this suit of Power Armour is rightfully yours, along with this gold chain signifying your inheritance. But there is also a secret with the locket it will open any of our old bunkers or outposts of the companies you should come across. If I’m not with you then I’m probably dead, you should always know that I will be proud of you no matter what you do.� The projection salutes “Make me proud son!� the voice says then it vanishes. Khelder seeing the two cabinet’s open. Starts to break down and cry at the echo of “Make me proud son� echoing throughout the chamber Khelder continues to cry until Catherine walks in. Seeing that Khelder is crying she rushes over to him
“What’s wrong Khelder?� she asks in a soothing soft voice while wiping the tears from his eyes.
“I just saw my fathers projection saying that he’ll be proud of me no matter what. I could barely remember him, now it’s all coming back and hitting me in the face� Khelder replied trying to brush the tears from his eyes and to get up.
“Now, now Khelder get up and put on that Armour and lets just keep the locket between you and me, OK?� she said in a voice she had learned from her mother when she was upset
“Ok� Khelder said, he grinned, “If you would kindly let go of my neck I’ll get up�. Catherine realizing what position she was in let go of his neck and got up herself blushing as she did so.
“I’m so sorry about that,� she said still blushing,
“Don’t worry, let’s do as you said keep it between you and me� he replied still grinning “Now if you don’t mind, I’ll just put on my Armour now� he continued as he was getting up and walking towards the Armour.

After about five minutes of grunting Khelder was fully suited up in a grey bulky suit without a helmet on, he reached out and took the locket out of its case and put it on.
“How do I look?� he asked Catherine
“Like an walking fridge� Catherine replied
“Ha, Ha, Ha� Khelder replied sarcastically, “very funny Catherine� he said
“It was wasn’t it� she replied by unleashing her dazzling smile upon Khelder.
“Just forget it!� Khelder replied unhappily
“Forget what Khelder?� Catherine asked with mock innocence,
“Never mind and pass me that helmet please?� he said grumpily as he pointed to the helmet in her arms.
“Sure� Catherine replied and tossed the helmet to him.
“Thank you so kindly Catherine� Khelder replied as he caught the helmet and put it on. “Now I feel like a walking fridge,� he continued bitterly.
“You look just fine Khelder� Catherine replied, while trying to conceal a smile with one hand unsuccessfully, “You might as well get used to it since you’re going to wearing that an awful lot… consider yourself lucky� she finished
“Why?� asked Khelder puzzled,
“That thing probably has air conditioning!� she giggled, she continued to giggle until Khelder stormed out of the room and then called after him “What did I say?� she asked with mock innocence in her voice then continued to walk after Khelder.

As Khelder was walking down the corridor and heading towards the storeroom where Rita, Nedra and Leo were just about to have an argument.
“I don’t see why I have to wear that�, Nedra yelled as she pointed at the suit of Combat Armour.
“Well considering Rita and I are wearing one you might as well Nedra, I’m sure Catherine wouldn’t have any objections if I asked her to put one on� Leo replied on a pleasant voice,
“But it looks so hideous!� Nedra almost wailed.
“Look at it this way would you prefer something that’s hideous but keeps you alive or something pretty that gets you killed?� Leo asked angrily.
“Isn’t there some way we can work out a compromise?� Nedra asked anxiously.
“Women!� Leo said to the roof throwing his hands up in the air in mock despair.

“Can’t Live with them can’t live without them� Khelder said in perfect unison as he entered the room. Clanking as he did so
“Oh my god, it’s a walking talking fridge� Rita exclaimed when she saw what he looked like.
“That comments getting really old very fast I’ve heard enough of that from Catherine� Khelder said grumpily as he walked to the group with Catherine following behind him.
“Just ignore them Khelder, Catherine would you mind putting on a suit of combat Armour over those clothes?� he asked Catherine while pointing to the two remaining suits of Armour.
“Put those on, why I’d love to as soon as you tell me witch one is mine,� she replied winsomely
“Take your pick, Nedra is a little horrified by how ugly they look. We can’t get her to try one on!� Leo stated unhappily.
“Well she has always been a little afraid of how she looks,� she stated without a care that Nedra was next to her, picking up the torso section of the armor as she did so.
“Isn’t it the truth� Rita said giggling
“Just put it on Nedra and stop arguing about it,� Catherine said pulling on the torso section over her head. “If your lucky maybe we can find a place with some dye for you� she finished picking up the leg section and pulling it on. “How do I look she said as she finished pulling on the leg section.
“Stunning� said Khelder, as he picked up a helmet and threw it to Catherine, “All we need to do is get Nedra to put hers on and we can start.
“All right I’ll put the damn thing on, just stop complaining� Nedra said acidly,
“Finally� Catherine said as she put on the helmet.

They waited as Nedra put on the combat Armour. Leo and Khelder were busy taking the digging tools out of the box and seeing if they were all right and putting them in a different range of boxes. Catherine and Rita were busily checking on the water flasks and after about five minutes Nedra had got into the Armour
“All right I’m in the Armour, any more complaints?� Nedra asked in a dangerous tone.
“Not really� said Khelder “But could you possibly help us moving the equipment now?�
“Why not?� Nedra said unhappily “You’ll just bully me again if I don’t� she finished; she got up and started to help Khelder and Leo pick up the boxes that were already finished.
“This is all we’ll need, Lets go� Khelder said as Catherine and Rita finished picking up the remaining boxes and Khelder began to walk towards the doorway. “Well hurry up then,� Khelder said as he reached the doorway. Everyone blinking there eyes in confusion began to walk after Khelder.

As Khelder reached the hallway, the group containing Ghreed, Tor’gal and Sara had just reached the spot where Ghreed had been watching before.
“Alright we’ll want them to dig the weapons up first,� Ghreed said in a quiet voice,
“That’s what I’m annoyed about Ghreed, we have to wait for them to dig the weapons up� Tor’gal said “So we just hide and when they dig the weapons up, then we rush them.�
“That’s the plan� Ghreed said “now get your men into position� he finished
“This plans simple isn’t it?� Sara said quietly.
“That’s the way we like it,� said Tor’gal grinning, “Alright men find a concealed place as soon as they dig the weapons up, I’ll yell charge and we rush them� he said to the clansmen behind him
“We heard you Tor’gal!� said one of the clansmen.
“Good now get into position!� Tor’gal said. Each clansman got up and walked behind a bush or a rock and patiently waited.

As they reached the entrance, Khelder pushed a button and walked through the door.
“Well lead us to the spot Khelder� Catherine said briskly nearly dropping the box she was carrying. Khelder walked twenty paces form the entrance and put his box down at his feet.
“ This is the place� Khelder stated and opened the box taking out a pickaxe and started to pick at the ground. Everyone opened their own box and took out a digging implement and they started digging around Khelder. After about five minutes they heard a chink from Khelder’s pick axe.
“I think I’ve found it someone give me a hand� he said to the rest of the group. Leo rushed over with his shovel and started to help getting rid of the excess dirt. Uncovering the rest of a metal box.
“This must be it!� Khelder said to the others. Suddenly they heard a bellow from a person who was hidden partly behind a rock.

Chapter Five

“CHARGE!� Tor'gal roared, then suddenly hidden clansmen got up from their respective hiding places taking out their daggers and knifes, Sara got up from her hiding place and threw a punch at Catherine which caught her on the cheek making her reel back from the force, Sara threw another punch which Catherine blocked hearing a solid crunch as her bone broke she then yelled in pain at the arm breaking an fierce fight broke out between Sara and Catherine.
“What the fuck!� Leo yelled to Khelder,
“Don’t know, alright people� Khelder yelled to his friends “Lets show them what we’re made of!�
“Tor’gal you absolute idiot� Ghreed murmured to himself as he drew his knife “You don’t know well Armored men when you see them Tor’gal!� Ghreed yelled to Tor’gal who was fighting Khelder.
“Shut Up Ghreed! And join the fight will you?� he yelled back dodging one of Khelder’s punches.

The fight raged on for several minutes, Leo fighting Ghreed and a clansman, Khelder fighting Tor'gal and another clansman, Catherine and Sara having resolved there match by Catherine knocking out Sara but sustaining a broken arm in the process, Rita had finished fighting a cowardly clansman who had run away out into the desert and she was fighting another Clansman with one eye and receiving her fair share of bruises as well. Nedra on the other hand had finished fighting two clansmen that had come toward her breaking ones leg and watching him hobble away and the other one run away in fright was trying to stop a cut on her arm bleeding.

With a resounding yet satisfying crack. Leo punched a clansman in the ribs watching him reel backwards, grabbing a stone and throw it at Leo with all his might Leo was caught in the pelvis wincing in pain as the rock hit took a swing back hitting Ghreed right in the face and knocking him unconscious and breaking his nose with the flailing hand from a clansman that had just got a punch in the ribs by Khelder.
“Just a suggestion, but perhaps you should flee,� Leo said calmly to the two remaining clansmen. All the two clansmen could do was nod and run. Though one threw a knife behind him Leo whose back was turned got caught in the hand by the plummeting knife.
“Ahhhh shit� Tor’gal yelled “Cowards, I know where you’ll go� he Yelled again dodging one of Khelders’ punches. Tor’gal then drew his dagger and lunged at Khelder with it. Khelder blocking the blade easily grabbed Tor’gals’ other arm. Tor’gal lunged with the dagger again which Khelder blocked again deflecting the blade and making it fall out of Tor’gals’ hand. Tor’gal then freed his other arm and with all his might pushed Khelder. Khelder stumbling backwards fell over a rock and his shoulder hurt for minutes after the fight.
“Fuck!� Khelder yelled, Tor’gal thinking he had won picked up a heavy rock and to his surprise and certainly Khelders tripped over a stray shrub. Throwing the rock up into the air Tor’gal landed on his back and watched in horror as the rock plummeted down onto his face, and with a resounding crunch the rock landed on his face killing him instantly and knocking his face into the ground a bloody remembrance of its former self.

Chapter Six

“Well that was a little dangerous� Leo said as he wrenched the dagger out of his hand “God Damn that hurt, anyone know why the security defense wasn’t active,� he said whimpering in pain as he got up and walked to the entrance.
“Don’t know,� Khelder said as he helped Catherine up from the ground, “you should all go to the med bay and relax, I’ll take care of the bodies� he said soothingly to the group as if he was going to frighten them.
“That’s fine with me� Nedra said �I need a shower and some time to let my muscles settle� she then walked of to the entrance.
“Rita will you help Catherine get to the med bay and put her in the Auto-doc to heal that broken leg?� Khelder asked Rita inquiringly,
“Why not I’ve got nothing else to do� she paused looking at Ghreed and Sara “Those two are still alive bring them in� pointing to Ghreed and Sara “Put them in separate Brig cells they should come around by the time you’ve put them in and left them for about thirty minutes� Rita said in a authoritive tone of voice.
“You’ve planned that a lot haven’t you?� Khelder asked surprised
“Yes� Rita said simply “Now get to work!� she snapped, as she helped Catherine up and walked away.

As Khelder put Ghreed and Sara in their separate brig cells Sara started to stir from unconsciousness just enough to open one of her eyes and see Khelder’s face starting down at her and then she fell into the state of unconsciousness again. Straight after he had put the two into the brig he went back out and dug a very large hole in which he disposed of the most of the bodies, apart from one, which he put under a rock. Khelder then begun to walk down to the Medical Bay until he remembered something about the security system it hadn’t worked for ages because of a lockout function. He altered course briefly to the electronics room, which he frequented so much since he did all the electronics on the base.
“Lets see if this fancy medallion works,� he murmured to himself as he reached the electronic management place as Leo so wittingly called it, and walked up to the main console

“Now all I have to do is find the place to insert it,� Khelder muttered angrily as he scanned the top of the console. “Damn it! Where is the fucking slot?" He yelled angrily as he scanned the top of the control unit he heard a Whirr coming from the machine. To reveal a small key slot that looked exactly like his pendent. The computer screen then stated, “password accepted� on the screen and Khelder mumbled to himself. “Well that would explain why dad always went to this room angry,� annoyed at the fact that he had to be angry to get the slot to show. He inserted the medallion into the slot and watched as an entire schematic of the bunker opened before his eyes. Khelder was so mesmerized by it that when he heard a beep he jumped at the sound in fright. Seeing that it was only a sound Khelder shut down the screen and left with the medallion walking to the medical bay while reattaching his amulet while walking down the hallway.

As Khelder reached the Medical Bay he heard the last yelp of agonizing pain.
“Only one person I know can yelp like that and that’s Leo,� Khelder said as he entered the room chuckling as he did so. Seeing Rita stitch up the deep cut in Leos’ hand “Geez didn’t you give him an anesthetic?� Khelder asked Rita seeing that Leo was still awake.
“He specifically asked not to have the anesthetic, so why should I disagree with the patient?� Rita said without a care of her yowling patient.
“I could think of several reasons,� Khelder said,
“Well that’s too bad now help me hold down Leo� she said struggling to hold Leo still. “Ok but you wouldn’t have had this problem if you gave him the anesthetic� said Khelder as he was holding Leos arm in place
“Shut up Khelder,� Rita said as she finished stitching up Leos’ hand. “Now tell me Leo why didn’t you want the anesthetic� with a certain amount of care in her voice.
“I don’t know Leo said as he got up “It seemed like a good idea at the time�
“ Men!� Rita said in a voice that spoke volumes.
“We’re not that bad were just arrogant, frequently drunk, angry and oppressive� Khelder said defensively
“Those are your bad points� Nedra exclaimed angrily
“No those are our good points� Leo said diplomatically
“Men!� Nedra said in the same tone as Rita, just as Catherine the room on crutches
“What’s happening I’ve heard two “men!� In one minute what’s so mannish� she asked Rita.
“Well Leo didn’t want the anesthetic for some reasons I said Men! And Khelder replied to it by saying they were just arrogant, frequently drunk, angry and oppressive. Then Nedra said they were there bad points and Leo said they were the good points then Nedra said Men!� Rita said.
“Oh that it explains it then� she said as she was limping over to Khelder and pulling his short beard. “I don’t mind men though,� she continued impishly still pulling at his beard. Khelder obviously a bit embarrassed said, “Well maybe me and Leo should check on the two prisoners� he said pulling Leo from the table and walked out of the room dragging the protesting Leo behind him.

“Why did you drag me out of there?� Leo demanded of Khelder in a loud voice as he walked after him heading to the Brig,
“I don’t know what came over me but it seemed like a good idea at the time though� Khelder said in a quiet voice “You can’t do anything about it now though so don’t yell,� he finished as they walked in silence to the Brig
“Well it looks like one of them is awake� Leo said eying Ghreed suspiciously
“Why the Hell am in a cell,� Ghreed yelled at Khelder
“I don’t like his tone� Leo said automatically
“You don’t have to like my tone just tell me why I’m in this cell� Ghreed said yelling at the top of his voice “Where the hell am I!� he said still yelling
“I think its pretty obvious Ghreed!� Sara said from the other cell we’ve being captured by their group of people� she finished calmly “you might want to get used to it!�
“Captured I’ve never being captured this is your fault� he yelled at Sara angrily.
“My fault?� she laughed scornfully “How the hell is it my fault you found them and told Tor’gal� she laughed again
“Luckily we didn’t put them in the same cell� Leo murmured to Khelder
“Yeah but I think the girl would of won if they had a fight� he replied just a bit louder then he expected
“Where the hell are the others?� Ghreed yelled out hopelessly.
“I’m getting tired of his whining� Khelder said taking out a desert eagle from its holster and setting upon Ghreeds’ head “Now shut up! Before I shut you up,� he said angrily
“Where the hell are the others,� he yelled out ignoring Khelders warning
“Don’t say I didn’t warn you� Khelder said mournfully as soon as he finished the sentence there was an explosion from outside.

“What the hell was that,� Leo yelled
“Wish I knew� Khelder yelled back running to the nearest voice console “What the fuck were being attacked� he stared disbelievingly at the screen
“Its probably the scavengers� Sara said disdainfully in her cell “They look over and over for vaults, shelters, clans long since forgotten and try and bust their way in with dynamite� she said as she was getting up “Maybe you should let me out so I can help� she stated
“Why the hell should we you tried to attack us about fifty minutes ago,� Leo demanded angrily
“Well lets see you’ve got someone with a broken arm and she won’t be any good in a fight, besides you probably don’t know how to use weapons much and they do� she said as if it was a normal conversation. Leo looked at Khelder in shock
“I hope all women aren’t like this,� he said to Khelder in astonishment “I still don’t trust her though!� he finished lamely as Khelder walked to the cell and punched in the code to release that cell “What are you doing!� Leo yelled at Khelder as he opened the cell door
“Taking the chance to perceive that she’s not lying� he replied blandly and just a little unsure of himself
“You don’t trust her yet do you� Ghreed asked astonished “If you do you should let me out of this cell as well� he pleaded as Leo looked inquiringly at Khelder
“Keep him in their he’s too annoying to be any significant help yet� Khelder said to Leo “Just give him some food and water to shut him up� Khelder finished looking at Leo in a way that made him flinch b
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Chapter Eight

“That was different,� said Khelder
“No kidding� said Ghreed craning his neck back to see if there was some way he could get up there and look. Khelder as if suddenly awaking to something said
“How the hell did you get out of the cell?�
“Have you ever heard of a electronic lock pick?� said Ghreed nonchalantly suddenly Khelder started to laugh, “Why are you laughing?� Ghreed asked suspiciously
“Because of one reason. My father said that those cells would never hold a thief or a spy� Ghreed looked blackly at him
“ I prefer the term information gatherer of secreted information�
“That’s one of the definition of spy� Sara accused
“Yes but my term sounds nicer doesn’t it?� he asked a bit offended
“ Yes but it gives people the wrong idea� Khelder said trying to muffle his laughter “ “So we have caught a spy that we can’t keep and fighter that actually talks reasonable. What a catch� he said prying the gun from Ghreeds fingers “I’m going to have to confiscate it until were can trust you or let you go�
“Fair enough� he complied as he looks at Sara “Do you mind taking the gun from her. If I don’t get to have my pistol why can she have a rifle,� he complained
“ Fine� Khelder said taking the gun from her unresisting hands “Now were all going to go inside and your going to explain how you got out with out an alert going off� pushing Ghreed towards the opening
“Fine, just don’t push me alright’ said Ghreed as he stumbled after the push
“Hurry up then.� pushing Ghreed ever so slightly softer “you too lady�
“The names Sara remember it� she said hotly “and don’t you even think of pushing me, even softly� and started to walk past Ghreed and down to the entrance

“How’d you cope with this?� Khelder asked Ghreed while backing away hurriedly from Sara
“I don’t this is my first day with her and I’m as terrified as you� walking a bit faster to get away from the fuming Sara “By the way my name’s Ghreed� he said holding out his hand
“Khelders’ mine� he said shaking his hand and absently wiping it on the armor afterwards “now be prepared for something loud and beautiful� he said to Ghreed in a low tone of voice used only by a conspirator
“What’s that?� asked Ghreed in the same tone of voice
“My friend Catherine� he said grinning. “I’ll probably get the brunt of the blow but you’ll see what she’s like� his grin faded also don’t expect any warm welcomes from my other friends as well you did try to attack us an hour ago
“I wasn’t going to anyway,� said Ghreed grinning, “I wonder if that pretty lady will get angry at me?� Ghreed said to Khelder
“Which pretty lady?� Khelder asked suspiciously
“The tallest of the three� Ghreed “She looks positively beautiful�
“The tall black haired one?� Khelder asked with mirth in his eyes
“Yes� Ghreed answered Khelder started to howl with laughter
“Positively Beautiful is not a way I’d describe Rita but it’s a novel approach� he then saw the hurt look in his eyes and said quickly. “I said it was a novel approach probably because I’ve lived with her the whole of my life. I think of her as my sister so that why I don’t think of her as beautiful so go right ahead Catherine on the other hand I think as beautiful� he finished as he nearly bumped into the entrance “well we’re here we might as well open the door so she can go through.� he said pointing to Sara whose back was leaned against the wall and she was tapping her feet impatiently

“Finally you got here. I thought you were going to take all day.� She said as Khelder took out his keycard
“What’s that?� Ghreed asked pointing to the pendant Khelder
“Family heirloom� Khelder replied
“May I have a look at it?� Ghreed asked taking out a monocle that was surprisingly clean
“Not at the moment� Khelder evaded smoothly as he inserted the keycard and punched the code in. The door hissed as the air rushed out from the bunker and before the door had even opened Catherine screamed.
“Khelder when this door opens I am going to give you a piece of my mind�
“Better not give too much away Catherine,� said Leo his voice just hearable behind the door
“What did you say?� Catherine yelled as Khelder leaned towards Ghreed
“See what I mean?� he murmured
�and you say she beautiful� Ghreed asked
“Yes she is. You have no idea how annoying that is as well� Khelder said morosely
“I feel very sorry for you� Ghreed said grinning
“Shut up will you?� Khelder said

As the door opened Khelder came face to face with Catherine
“Would you like to explain to me why the hell did you let him out of the cell as well?� Catherine yelled while pointing to Ghreed
“This will only get finished if I explain the whole thing to you come on to the meeting chamber� Khelder said to the group most who were looking happy with the decision
“No you will tell me right here and now!� She demanded of him imperiously
“Rita will you give Catherine a mild sedative?� he said. Catherine spun around to Leo “ Leo I demand you put Khelder in the brig right now� she demanded
“Sure Catherine� he replied as her face broke into an exalted smile “As soon as you tell me how to do that to someone wearing power armor� he finished and her smile crumbled and she began to cry
“Why are you all against me� she said sobbing.

Khelder gently helped her up and said gently
“Because you didn’t even give them a chance to explain Catherine. Now lets go meeting chamber and I’ll tell the rest of you what happened� putting his arm around her shoulder and started leading her to the meeting chamber with the others following in a circle around Ghreed and Sara with that edgy calmness that could turn into brutal death at any dangerous provocation. On the way to the meeting chamber Catherine had stopped crying and was thinking
“This is much easier than I thought it might only take a few weeks instead of months, it all depends on how easy his is to love.� Catherine shook her head “What am I thinking� she thought as she shook her head “I cant be falling in love with him can I, I’ve known him all my life and it hasn’t happened to me with anyone before …� She paused “come to think of it this hasn’t happened before� she paused her thoughts moving rapidly and said to herself in her mind “Oh well you can’t stop the inevitable� she thought.

As they reached the meeting chamber everyone took a seat. Ghreed and Sara were forced to sit together facing Leo and Nedra who were resolutely facing them with a pair of rifles close at hand. Catherine was sitting next to Rita who had a medicinal toolkit at hand and Khelder took a place at top of the table closet to the two prisoners.
“All right we are here to decide the fate of these two here now why don’t you tell me where all this began� he paused “and Don’t paraphrase� he told them and then the meeting began a meeting which would last several hours.

Chapter Nine

About three miles away in a hidden canyon, in a hidden bunker a couple of men completely hidden by shadows were just about to have a conversation.
“You wanted to see me sir?� said a shadow
“Yes, Cryso but first let me ask you a question.� said the shadow again
“Sir?� Cryso said stiffly
“How much do you know about the founders of the company we work in?� asked the shadow?
“Well, Sir I know that your father Barak and his older brother Leldorian were the founders. Your father did the paper work and that, he offered Leldorian a position as general but he refused and said he wouldn’t sit back and let anyone else do the fighting.� he paused… “ I’ve always wondered about that to tell the truth� he said puzzled
“ Just get on with the story, please Cryso,� the shadow said wearily
“ Yes sir� he replied and continued “He worked his way up from private to lieutenant commander and was recommended for a promotion soon after but refused and said his place was among the soldiers� Cryso paused briefly as if wondering why “he was under command of General Gareth. A personal Friend of his and then who knows what happened after the bombs dropped though.� Cryso finished

“Thank you for laying that out. Now how many of your Black Talons are free?� asked the shadow.
“Twenty, armed and dangerous. Sir� he replied,
“Good now how many of them can you spare?� the Shadow asked,
‘Well I always leave ten available for backup measures, Sir. So about half of them are ready� Cryso replied as if checking a mental notebook.
“Good now do you have any spare power armors available?� questioned the shadow again
“ Yes sir,� Cryso replied checking the mental notebook again.
“Good you remember Raven, don’t you?� the shadow asked cautiously
“ First lieutenant raven?� Cryso asked bemused
“Yes,� said the shadow simply
“Permission to speak freely, sir?� asked the still bemused Cryso
“Go ahead�
“Can you please tell me what these questions are all about?� asked Cryso
“ I was just getting to that� he replied, “I want you to take raven in as a member of the Black Talons from her normal assignment in the Ghost recon team she may have found our missing company.
“Sir she has not had training in …� he argued briefly
“There will be no compromises I have made my decision� the shadow interrupted “raven you may come out of the shadows now� he said to somebody hiding in the shadows
“Yes sir� Raven said as she stepped out of the shadows
“Very well Sir I will take Raven with me� Cryso replied coldly “One thing though, what do you want me to do if I find this bunker?� he asked
“Either capture them with or without force,� the shadow said bluntly
“Yes sir� he replied coldly,
“Don’t get angry at me Cryso� he began but was interrupted by an angry Cryso.
“With all due respect sir couldn’t she just show me where it is on the map� he remarked.
“Cryso, do your men know how to navigate the surround ding mountains?� he asked
Cryso hesitated “Some of them do, Sir� he replied defending his men.
“To be more precise I’d say that they would be Ian Fang, James Tang and Dwayne Dibley of the surrounding clans…� Cryso heard a brief ruffle of paper “Who to my understanding are all out on assignment
“The Dibley Clan?� Raven giggled
“An old established Clan,� replied the shadow, Raven covered her mouth to hide a smile. “Raven will be your guide it should give you enough time to know the region itself,� the shadow continued, Cryso opened his mouth but the shadow cut him off “There will be no more arguments. Dismissed� Cryso and Raven saluted about turned and marched out of the room, pausing briefly to argue who was going to go out first. The shadow started to laugh at the fact they would probably fall in love.

Raven and Cryso walked down the corridor taking a number of turns to the left and right. Making sure to check the roof and floor that had eroded into the natural maze of catacombs. After walking for about fifteen minutes taking too many turns to count they reached a hollowed out cavern. Where there were four guards playing poker, the guards were all adorned in power armor that was pitch black with two insignia adorned on the breastplate one was a Silver talon and the other was a group of silver skull. Cryso coughed loudly enough to be heard. One of the guards with a single silver skull looked up and saw him standing there and got up hurriedly knocking the table over and saluted. The other guards looked up and one with five silver skulls quiet calmly pushed a button next to him and said
“Hello Cryso� said the other three, Cryso looked at the trembling man and asked “New recruit is he Mike?� Cryso asked
“Yep and its a she. Surprisingly one of the other clans, I think she’s from the wind rider clan,� said the man with five silver skulls on his plate
“That’s surprising we’ve been trying to recruit them and the other two clans for ages�
“You have no idea how much this annoyed the interrogation boys. We wouldn’t allow them to interrogate a recruit.�
“We can live with their annoyance by the way this is First lieutenant raven of the Ghost recon she’ll be working with us for a while� stressing the word us as he said it.
“Yes sir� he replied dutifully
“ Assemble ten men and be ready to depart in five hours� Cryso ordered
“Yes Sir and Miss Raven?� Mike asked as he unlocked the door with a key card
“Yes?�
“Welcome to Black talon Head quarters� he said with a flourish as he opened the door.

It was something Raven would never have been prepared to see in her life. It was a simple hollowed out cavern. What she was surprised to see was a small thriving village. There was a small garden with swings and slides were children were playing oblivious to the fact that they were in a cave. There was a small market place where people were trading for clothes, weapons or food. There were training and recreational facilities, a church and finally a barracks. It was nothing like the barracks Raven had seen before it was small but surrounding it was a lot of houses. Cryso saw her staring
“Its not much but we like to call it home� he said blandly
“Its beautiful� she exclaimed “who made it?� Raven asked in awe.
“I designed it and we all made it� he replied
“You designed this?� raven scoffed,
“Yes I designed it, so don’t scoff� he replied testily “I did a lot of work on architecture before I joined the black talon’s� he sighed.
“Do you work on commission?� Raven asked
“Why?� replied Cryso puzzled
“Could you help design the Ghost recons area like this?� Raven asked drawing in a deep breath of the air
“Probably� Cryso replied
“After this mission we might want to talk about that� She said
“Fine first things first we are going to have to get a Power armor fixed for your size and then we’ll hold the briefing� he told her
“How long will it take you to find me an armor?� Raven asked
“Shouldn’t be more than five minutes� Cryso replied
“And you said to your men to assemble in five hours� She said bitterly
“I know and in the mean time your going to show me what weapons you can use proficiently� he said the he smiled and continued “Then if you’re lucky I can show you around and discuss that business proposition you mentioned� he finished smiling like a jackal
“Why thank you Cryso� Raven said girlishly
“Maybe you’re not so bad after all.� Cryso replied Grudgingly “I think I misjudged you
“I’ve got many other traits as well� she grinned impishly at him “You may find some out very soon as well�
“Now I’m sure I’ve misjudged you,� Cryso said adamantly
“I’d wish you stop saying that.� Raven said imperiously
“Now I’m sure I’ve misjudged you,� Replied Cryso grinning
“Oh shut up and show me were the armory is� Raven said angrily
“Yes ma’am� he replied grinning starting to walk to the barracks
“You’re making me very cross� Raven said angrily walking after him.
“Sorry ma’am� he replied still grinning. Raven chose to ignore that comment and just keep walking after him.

As they arrived at the barracks a worn out private came up to Cryso and handed him a message. Cryso read through the message quickly
“Are they sure?� he asked the messenger
“Yes sir they’re sure
“Damn!� he yelled “tell mike to get the squad together and meet me in the briefing room in five minutes� he yelled at the private
“What’s happening?� Sara asked perplexed
“Scavengers are raiding that bunker were after�
“Who or what is a scavenger
“I’ll explain it later you go in there and change into a power armor and meet me in the briefing room, Move� he roared at her and she started running into the barracks
And Cryso started running to the briefing room as he arrived there he went to his chambers and put on his Armour as he was putting it on he heard the voices of soldiers filing into there seats. He finished putting on his armor and walked out into the briefing room

He walked to the map in the room and surveyed the twelve people sitting down raven was conversing with mike.
“All right people down to business I have been ordered by command to find a bunker. Lieutenant raven is coming with us� he said, “We know where this bunker is due to ravens reconnaissance also the fact that scavengers are attacking it right now.� There was a murmur of annoyance form the squad and he continued. “We are to deal with the scavengers then see if the people in the bunker will come along with us or if they fight we need them alive people don’t kill them unless you can’t take them. We will be traveling in the scaver because of the new development,� he told the amassment of black metal “Command won’t like it but they have no choice, Do you get me?� he yelled to the squad
“We get you, Sir� they replied dutifully
“Good now I’ll answer questions on route arrive in the scaver hanger in three minutes or I’ll leave without you, Dismissed� he yelled. There was a clattering as every body scrambled out of their seats and ran through the door all but raven who was looking perplexed “Come along lieutenant� he said helping her up and pulling her to the door
“We have to hurry� he started to run as soon as he was out the door, pulling raven behind her. Raven started running as well
“Where’s the scaver hanger?� she asked
“ You know that park,� he told her
“Yeah what about it?� she questioned him
“The scaver hangers underneath it�
“Ah� she thought “don’t I need a weapon?� she asked him
“There’s weapons on the scaver� slowing down as he reached the park and walked to a statue where the squad were gathering. “All right squad every body ready?� he asked them
“Squad ready and has a itchy trigger finger� Mack replied
“Good� he replied and looked around everybody seemed to be there “Now move out of the way of the statue silently the squad moved out of his way. Cryso walked up to the statue took hold of the sword it had and twisted it twice clockwise a small panel opened upon the armor and he put his hand on it. There was a warm tingling sensation in his hand and then a bleep a voice came out of the statue there was a clattering of tools then a voice
“Cid is bust at the moment if you’d care to after the bleep, I’ll get back to you� the voice paused “bleep� there was an barely audible snicker from the statue
“Very funny Cid, now open it up before I blow it up!� he said to the statue as soon as he finished the sentence there was a hiss and the slab the statue was resting on moved. After the slab had finished moving the was a passage way going down at the end of it was a man all covered in grease smiling broadly

“Well what have we here a wayward squad leader wanting to talk to me I’m touched� said Cid
“No it’s a wayward squad coming to ask permission to borrow the scaver
“Sure you borrow use it,� he paused thinking, “When you tell me what you want it for�
“We need to go somewhere quickly� Cryso replied
“Fair enough� he said cheerfully “but I’ll drive and you can get your own way back�
“Deal� Cryso replied walking down the steps with the squad trailing behind him,
“Don’t touch anything,� Cid told them and started walking purposely to a door on the other side of the room.

Cid opened the door grandiosely. The scaver could only be described as a heavy weapons platforms horror in other words it was big, heavily armed and practically untouchable from the ground. There was enough space to fit one hundred men in it. There seemed to be two smaller planes attached to it as well.
“What are those?� Raven asked Cid curiously
“There the scalpels Miss� he replied seeing her questioning look he continued “ There the escort fighters only got two so far but it can hold up to four each� he said proudly patting the monster of a machine.
“Why won’t command let you use it?� she asked him baffled
“Haven’t got a chance to use really. Not a base to assault� Cid replied opening a door. It was full of weapons. “Take your pick,� he said to the squad grinning. Most of the squad chose one of many YK42B pulse rifles, though one young enthusiast chose a rocket launcher. Raven chose a plasma rifle without much enthusiasm, while Cryso stuck to a pistol and added a few more as an after thought. With the deep profound silence normally found in monasteries the squad filed through the door of the plane into the transport area.

Cid walked up to the front of the plane and pressed a barely visible button by a window and waited. He waited a few seconds, he waited for a few more, he face took on a look of anger and he kicked the door. There was a beep from the controls in the cockpit then a voice.
“No need to hit anything,� a feminine voice said from in the cockpit
“Then fix the damn door, Ariel� Cid replied angrily
“I’m still trying to get the weapon system operational, thank you� she replied indignantly
“Sorry� Cid replied embarrassed. Cryso was watching with an amused expression
“Hello Ariel� he called to her
“Uncle Cryso is that you?� she asked loudly and opened the door quickly nearly crushing Cid in the process and peered out of the door. Wisps of her blonde hair hanged down in front of her eyes; “ It is you!� she exclaimed and jumped down out of the plane throwing dignity out the window she ran and embraced him fondly.
“ Alright� he replied “Ariel can you take us to these co-ordinates� he asked handing her a piece of paper with some numbers on it. Ariel looked at them briefly and her face took on a puzzled expression
“Why would you want to go there for?� she asked puzzled “All that’s out there is a bunch of rocks� she stated bluntly
“Just take us out there, with three packaged buggies please?� he half begged
“Since you asked nicely I will� she replied patting his cheek insultingly. And walked towards the cockpit purposely. “We lift off in about a minute� she called back to him. Cryso shrugged off a retort and walked quickly after the rest of his squad.

“Alright people� Cryso said loudly enough to be heard by the squad as he strapped himself into a parachute “Here’s how we’re going to do it. We will drop in five-second intervals, as we land if there is any resistance you will lay down counter-fire to allow other people to drop and assist you. Do not aim to kill, aim to incapacitate.� He stated. “If the people we want are in their custody we may never know. The first five dropped will secure the L-z we will arrive there in two hours. We have three packaged buggies available for this mission. We will assemble them after we have secured the L-z. You will be briefed again when the l-z is secured. Do You Get Me!� he asked
“We Get You Sir!� they yelled their reply.

Chapter Ten

After the Ghreed’s and Sara’s recap of the day which took a surprisingly long time of two hour Khelder asked quietly
“Ok, so let me get this straight, you weren’t going to kill us?�
“Yes� Ghreed replied sullenly
“You were just going to sell us into slavery!� he bellowed at them and Sara put up his hand “Yes?� Khelder asked
“You have no idea about what you’re talking about do you?� she asked sweetly as Ghreed groaned
“What do you mean?� Khelder asked sharply
“You and your splendid isolation hear you probably don’t even know what the world is like any more.� She said angrily “ You and your morals the world probably doesn’t know any more, they don’t mean anything to what goes on out in the wasteland it’s just you, your gun and the waste…� she stopped abruptly to see Khelder laughing “I don’t certainly see what’s so funny� she fumed
“You right, our morals have probably been long since abandoned� he replied wiping a tear form his eye. He looked at a digital clock on the side of the wall and saw the time “We’re going to have to confine you,� he told the two “until we can reach a verdict on what we’re going do with you that is� he finished quickly. As he got up he said to them “you’ll probably hungry so we’re going to have to feed you.� He paused thinking “Leo?� he asked
“Yes Khelder� Leo replied
“Would you go and get me a lock pick counter?� he asked him
“We have any?� Leo asked him
“Yes look in the men’s dorms under bunk three. There’s a whole box of them� Khelder replied
“Sure� Leo replied standing up and hurrying out the room
“Why did you ask for a lock pick counter Khelder?� Catherine asked suspiciously
“You see him,� he said pointing to Ghreed. “He got out of the cell we put him in remember,� he paused “That’s why I’m trying to keep him in this time.� He finished as Leo came in and handed him the counter measure. “That was quick,� he exclaimed to the slightly out of breath Leo
“I wasn’t that far� he replied modestly
“Alright then lets escort them to the dining area so they can get some food in them�

Sara and Ghreed were then escorted to the dining area. Where Rita, Catherine and Nedra separated from the boys giving them semi-dark looks. Leaving Leo and Khelder to guard the two prisoners. Seeing as they were still going to be escorted even as they ate. They glumly picked a table near the food dispensers. Leo trying to break the soundless asked them “ Ok what do you want to eat?�
“You mean we’ve got a choice?� Ghreed asked surprised
“Yeah we aren’t hard jailers we just don’t like people breaking out� Leo replied looking at Ghreed
“You never told me I couldn’t� he objected
“We didn’t know you could, until now that is� he replied
“Ok now that we have got the pleasantries out of the way what would you like to eat are you vegetarian or not?� asked Khelder
“I’m not a vegetarian I can’t say for Sara though,� Ghreed replied dubiously
“I don’t care what I get just give me some food that’s tangible.� She told Khelder wearily.
“Ok Leo you want the roast beef?� he asked his friend
“Of course� he answered, “ Have I ever had anything else?�
“Well there was that time when your father forced soup down your throat� Khelder replied and walked away from them to the food dispensers, to get their meals.

Chapter Eleven

Mean while Cryso, Raven and the squad were just about to reach the destination.
“Alright people, there seems to have been a battle down there. Remember the briefing and you may get a bonus to your paychecks. Lets go!� he bellowed at Raven and the squad. He then started hooking up to the parachute puller cord and the rest of the squad started to do the same. Cryso walked over to the pilots cabin “Ariel would you open the drop doors� he asked her Ariel grinned widely at him and then replied
“Gladly� she told him and pushed a button, there was a clunk and behind him a piece of the hull had slid down. You could see the ground, which was barely obscured by some clouds that were gone by the time he blinked.

“Get out of the way of the rail� she yelled at them she paused and continued “or jump on one of the buggy�. They paused staring at her most of them moved but the young enthusiast jumped on one of the already moving buggies with his rocket launcher attached to his back. After the enthusiast and the buggies were gone the rest of the squad jumped or were pushed out of the doors by there mates. Cryso looked at a quivering raven.
“Your turn now raven� he told her, she took one look at the ground and replied
“There’s no way your going to get me to jump� she told him adamantly. Cryso sighed
“I can’t just tell you, but I can force you� he told her
“ Don’t you dare touch me,� she told him as he advanced
“Ok I won’t,� he told her
“You won’t?� she asked perplexed
“No I’ll just do this,� he told her lunging to his side and pulling a lever. There was a bang and the floor opened beneath them with a clang. Raven screamed as she was falling then there was a slight hum and her parachute unfolded and she gently drifted to the ground. Though she still screamed it was softer as one makes as if you had a sore throat with Cryso just aside her also floating gently down serene as an angel does.

As raven gently hit the ground, She got up purposely looking in a way that the squad instantly got out of her way. She angrily walked to the place where Cryso was just about to touch down. Most of the squad later agreed that she looked quiet pretty when she was angry. She waited for Cryso to come down while Cryso looked down apprehensively as if he wasn’t sure that he wanted to come down. As his feet touched Raven started walking faster towards him. Cryso shied away slightly as raven nearly reached him and then she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him soundly on the lips she silently put her arms around him and he tried to disengage her. But found out her arms were surprisingly strong. The kiss lasted for about two minutes and the squad watched with amused expressions. She finally released her arms from around his neck and walked away with a mysterious smile, from the embarrassed and slightly confused Cryso.

After about a minute Cryso seemed to shake off the kiss and then went to the front of the quad and saw the gruesome site of a battle. There were scorch marks everywhere and the smell of burning flesh still protruded the air. Cryso refused the urge to vomit at the smell and sight of blood and body littered ground. Even the most hardened veterans of the squad paled at the site of the area. He turned to his squad and said
“All right since the battles obviously over and there don’t seem to be any obvious survivors. I suggest we find the people were looking for� he paused suddenly remembering something, “where’s that enthusiast?� he asked them and one of the members of the squad pointed to the young man vomiting by a boulder. “Ah� he said unsurprised putting on his helmet, “New plan people two a squad search and capture, find anything call the squad on frequency five� he told them as he finished putting on his helmet “All right lets get at it!� he bellowed at the squad and they scattered forming groups of two and cautiously moving out, Leaving Raven with Cryso.

After about five minutes of searching Cryso leaned against a wall and said
“It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack� he muttered and kicked a large rock and with the power armor on the rock was lifted up and hurled several meters where upon it hit the ground and there was a clang against metal several meters below
“What the hell?� Raven exclaimed and lifted the Plasma rifle so it could be fired while Cryso drew two pistols from his belt and slowly edged towards the area were they heard the sound. There was a tunnel and the smell of burnt flesh drifted up from the depths of the tunnel, he touched a microphone and set it to his squads frequency
“Everybody converge on this transmission I think we just found the people were looking for� he paused a second and transmitted to the squad again “Oh and bring the enthusiast and a metal cutter�

After ten scalding minutes with a metal cutter, six men gently lifted down the huge piece of metal with minimal noise.
“All right people time to switch to stealth mode� Cryso told them and hit a button on the underside of his gauntlet. Cryso slowly shimmered and soon there was only a haze in the place of where he stood. Others copied his motion leaving only Raven visible who was looking at them with heat sensors and searching with her fingers at the underside of her gauntlet. After an awkward minute of silence a member of the squad took pity on her and touched a button carefully concealed at the end of the gauntlets and raven then too shimmered out of visibility.
“Radio silence from now on unless it’s of the utmost importance, everyone follow me.� He told and them an they started walking slowly as to avoid noise there armor would make heading straight towards the mess hall.

As soon as Cryso carefully turned round the corner he flung himself back again
“Stop!� he told them softly as he flung himself back. The squad stopped in mid motion. On his heat sensors “We found some people circle them then on my mark deactivate cloak� his heat vision noted that the squads heads were moving up and down and slowly they filtered into the room

It was nearing the end of the day. Khelder was watching Ghreed and Leo compete to eat the most it was getting to the stage that there would be bets getting laid. That’s when he heard a clanking. He got up and whirled around but saw nothing Leo puzzled by this asked,
“Something the matter?� he asked between mouthfuls.
“Thought I heard something
�Ah� Leo replied and finished off a piece of roast beef. He nearly choked as a voice yelled, “mark� Khelder whirled around to see the whole room circled by people in black armor not unlike his newly inherited one.
“We surrender� Khelder told the black armored man
“Yes,� said a man in black armor “You will�.
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Fine no one review my story
Our Host!