Edit Random Encounters?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

Edit Random Encounters?

Post by Cyborg Super Mutant »

Im unsure of how to edit the random encounters should i use F*uck tool for that or what?i just want to make the monsters even tougher for random encounters and give em different weapons more hp and even change the types of random encounters ..id like to ad new encounters like maybe remnants of the brotherhood of steel that have become mercs and are wandering the wasteland in there power armour with big guns like the masters army!make them just as tough as enclave patrol..
one more question.. :roll: does f2 have the frm. ID for power armour without the helmet cuz i cant find the number in the master dat?cuz i want to change the frm id of the silver power armour into that non helmet look that was used in F1 for the brother hood of steel soldiers.....any help guys thx..whoa i wrote alot here sry 8O
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Yeah, it's pretty simple: Take the pid (like 16777252), remove 16777216 and you'll get the critter pro number (in this case 36). 16777216 is actually 0x1000000 for the curious). so you modify the proto\critters\00000032.pro.

You can modify the items weiled iusing the "Item" specifyer. Apart from the pid, everything's pretty well documented in the worldmap.txt
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

And the info for random encounters is stored in worldmap.txt
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

well err...i asume u meen i should edit the worldmap.txt using the dat explorer..which is what i did ..um i just aded a few more masters army mutants and the game wont start now :?: :?: bloody hell what do i use to find and edit the random encounters im newbie at this hackin stuff and learning as i go..EXPLAIN IT TO ME IN simple terms plz ..
1.Yes i edited the worldmap.txt using Dat explorer :oops: well thats what i thought u said i should use to change the encounters and my F2 wont start now :x WTF can i do i have a backup and i used the import file with Dat explorer but it doesnt replace it ?
2.How do i edit random encounters ie...monsters hp/weapons they use or create new encounters.
3.What editing tool do i use to find these(random)monsters and edit thier stats because i tryed using F*ck tool and edited all the mutant pros.i could find.The only mutants listed were 119/120/256/257 just to practice if it worked and there hp were the same when i loaded my game and encountered the random masters army :?: Random monsters must be seperate or somethin i need help damn it :mad
.........as usual ive said to much again 8O
mathaus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mathaus »

Maybe Your game crashes, because You've added new encounter... Try to use fallout city patch, posted on DAC on 27 IX. It removes limit of cities/maps in the game, so maybe it will affect Your problem too...
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

well im still having no luck editing the random encounters :mad:
can someone who has done it with success plz explain how i can do it?
in simple terms... :?
Our Host!