Help with mapper...

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

Help with mapper...

Post by Cyborg Super Mutant »

ok so i load up denbus1.map and decide to mess around and ad some monsters ..so i ad some supermutants and raiders ok.Now i save and rename the denbus1.map to denbus1.sav and copy it over my save game denbus1.sav so i can play it test it out.i load my game and enter the den town expecting to have a fight and all i find is BLOOD patches on the ground where the monsters should be ??? what am i doin wrong !! help plz.

btw i can place items and walls and stuff but the monsters always look like blood patches when i enter the town?also how do i put inventory items into lockers and crates i place on the map ..sry for all the questions ..any help would be great. :)
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I'd suggest using Ctrl-R to test out the maps instead of trying to overwrite those in the savegames.

Ctrl-R in the main menu, select map, enter anything in the prompt, save your game, Ctrl-R again (to exit), load the game you've just saved.
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

that still doesnt answer my question :?
Red

Post by Red »

No but did it work? I'm just scared that replacing a savegame entry doesn't work properly.

It's possible that there's a script attached to the proto of the creature you're using which kills it when not on a certain map too, you'd need to decompile it's int script ot make sure, though I don't ever recall seeing such a thing...
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

The default HP value for critters you place is 0. Right click on the critters, select properties, and make sure they have some hitpoints.
Cyborg Super Mutant
SDF!
SDF!

ok so now i can give the creatures some hit points great..but how do i equip them with weapons and make them hostile or neutral or even get them to join me as npc?...cuz they just stand there and do nothin ? um maybe i can just copy the same propeties as 1 of the other hostile mutants or guards from another map and type in the same stats in there propeties box does that seem correct?
Red

Post by Red »

For hostility I'm quite sure it's toggle by the script. Try selecting other mutants instead a m aybe you took the mutants from Broken hills which aren't hostile when they see you. I suggest you look in the pro_crit.msg file to find the proper index for the attacking mutants...

As for items in the inventory, it's not implimented in the map editor yet.
Our Host!