Let's show 'em what we're made of

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Let's show 'em what we're made of

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Hurry, my friends! In what can only be described as a questionable / interesting move, <a href="http://www.interplay.com" target="_blank">Interplay.com</a> have a controversial new poll:<blockquote><em><b>Which is the most anticipated sequel?</b>

Everquest 2

Doom 3

Unreal Tournament 2003

<b>Fallout 3</b></em></blockquote>At the time of writing, <b>Fallout 3</b> is leading with 78% of the votes.

Bloody hell, if the <a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/fallout3/petition.html" target="_blank">Fallout 3 petition</a> won't attract their attention, let's make a noise at home! I want to see that <b>Fallout 3</b> vote get above 90%! So <a href="http://www.interplay.com" target="_blank">hop to it!</a>

Cheers to Andrew Dowds for the heads up.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Come on! Give em hell!!

*Casts his vote... with erhm... with FURY!!* :x

:P Lets just hope it makes a difference.... Heh. Yea right.... Nono.. sorry.. gota keep hopes up! :)
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

What kind of poll is that?

First Fallout 3 gets 70%+ in their Descent 4 poll, now FO3 is at 80% in another equally meaningless poll. Why would any of the other games' fangroups come running to IPLY's site to vote? Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to see Fallout leading the polls, but it can't exactly be surprising.
O-G-N-I-B
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

What a stupid poll. I'd like to see an unbiased site (does one exist?) run something like that. Fallout 3 wouldn't come close to beating any of them.
gorthor
SDF!
SDF!

Post by gorthor »

83%
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Doom 3 would probably BE TEH WINNAR if it was on some shiity sheep site like gamespy

Fallout 3 would come second?

UT2k3 third

and everquest 2 would come last because it's a crappy chat room where you can kill stuff sometimes. JUST PLAY DIABLO 2 AND TALK MORE U L4M3|2Z LOLOLOLOL I AM WIN1 I AN WIN!

well thats what i think dont hurt me
:chew:
[DS]_SniperPotato

Post by [DS]_SniperPotato »

:D its up at 84% now

:lol: http://www.interplay.com/
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

85%

And pyro's right (at least the parts I could read were). Let's hope they're not trying to get us all psyched for their upcoming DOOM 3 expansion pack.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Pyro wrote:Doom 3 would probably BE TEH WINNAR if it was on some shiity sheep site like gamespy

Fallout 3 would come second?

UT2k3 third

and everquest 2 would come last because it's a crappy chat room where you can kill stuff sometimes. JUST PLAY DIABLO 2 AND TALK MORE U L4M3|2Z LOLOLOLOL I AM WIN1 I AN WIN!

well thats what i think dont hurt me
Tis tha truuth.
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

88%
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Doom 1 and 2 I consider to be two of the most brilliant games of all time, and I've loved them for longer than I've loved Fallout, but I think Doom 3 is going to be utter shite. I'm beginning to think id's successful game designs were either total flukes, or maybe Romero isn't as much of a chump as he made himself seem to be with Daikatana.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
falloutboy320

Post by falloutboy320 »

poll is up to 86% as of 7 o'clock mst.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Not that I know a hell of a lot about doom3 but why does doom3 seem like utter shit?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Section8 wrote:Doom 1 and 2 I consider to be two of the most brilliant games of all time, and I've loved them for longer than I've loved Fallout, but I think Doom 3 is going to be utter shite. I'm beginning to think id's successful game designs were either total flukes, or maybe Romero isn't as much of a chump as he made himself seem to be with Daikatana.
Sometimes it boils down to chemistry, really. Romero at id software was pure gold. However, they haven't really done much since then, either one of them. It's almost sad really.
------------------
Mr. Anonymous

I say screw Interplay and screw FO3

Post by Mr. Anonymous »

Lets all think about this for minute. Assuming Interplay survives long enough to produce FO3 what do you really think it would be like? Seems most of the key people who made the first two are gone. It'd probably be just another real time multiplayer action/RPG with the Fallout name and a butchered Specials system tacked on.

And of course lets not forget Interplay's tradition of bug-ridden, rushed out the door products that only get half-assed support. Sorry I've been screwed one too many times(FO, SFC) to ever touch an Interplay product again.

I'm still looking for a fan-made project or another Static to hang my hopes on. That or I'm hoping Interplay will finally die and someone that actually wants to do something good with the FO license will purchase it.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

This is the third time I go there and the third time I can't find the goddamn poll. Where the fuck is it???
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

Tank wrote:This is the third time I go there and the third time I can't find the goddamn poll. Where the fuck is it???
Top right over at Interplay.com, might want to wait for it to load, took half a minute for it to load over here.
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Red

Post by Red »

Romero's contribution to id isn't all that great. He had a lot of neat ideas but most weren't realisable within the timeframe specified (ie: techonology just wasn't there). Back in the DOOM days his job was simlpy "utility maker" as he made the DOOM installer... He eventually jumped into the marketing bandwagon and that's when he starting telling the press that they were working on something which they weren't. Once he took that job his presence in the team became more frictuous and I'm guessing at some point the rest of the team simply couldn't take it that someone promised that their engine would make the moon lose it's orbit so much the game was good. The last part is mostly speculation, however it is common knoledge that the team and Romero had issues and it can be seen in old Quake interviews that Romero already started spewing shit. I recall a perticular interview where he claimed that when you'd shoot rockets, it "dug a hole in the wall and cracks appeared" and I'm not talking decals here; I mean sure it's a neat idea but it simply wasn't plausible with the hardware back then (and it's still quite remote today.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Well, it's hard to find someone who has been around for a while that doesn't know that Romero always has been and always will be a blow-hard.

Blow hard? Yes, he does.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Must have Shockwave and harder to muster:patience

Post by 4too »

Tank,

I saw the window fade away. Tried it with IE, without Shockwave installed, all I got was a CUM on, load up Shockwave, and or, go to the I-play forums. tried it again with Net 7 and it finally focused as a poll.

Slippery bunch at that site, no doubt, 5 will lose you 10, bro.

4too
Our Host!