The Fallout 3 Revolution Has begun!

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

The Fallout 3 Revolution Has begun!

Post by AltraWave7 »

I wish to bring this to the attention of as many people as possible...we can no longer sit back and wait for Fallout 3!

http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... adid=59599

This was taken from and posted in this thread, but i felt it would only gain your attention alone.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Chosen_1
Its funny to come back to the forums after so long and see that people are still arguing over the same thing. I guess thats why most of the old guys are gone.

Fallout was one of the most revolutionary RPGs ever created. It had its own system (SPECIAL), it had its awesome theme (post-apocalyptic universe), etc. Most RPGs are hack-and-slash no-brainers that always end up the same way. Fallout was different. Thats why so many people loved it, defend it rabidly, and want a sequel.

However, I believe that another reason people want a sequel is because, quite frankly, Fallout has been crapped on ever since it was released. I dont mean by the fans, I mean by the developers. Fallout 2 was one of the buggiest games I ever played, and it came out a YEAR after Fallout did. Im not saying its bad to release a game so quickly, im saying its bad when its not really a completed product and you do it anyway.

FOT was the biggest slap in the face the fans have ever recieved. Not many people liked it, and its on the bargain bins now for 7-10 bucks. Many people have said that it was so bad because it bore the Fallout name, but had little if nothing to do with Fallout.

IMHO, the developers cut open the goose that laid golden eggs, so to speak. They milked the Fallout franchise for all that it was worth, and then when it wouldnt give any more, they cut it open like a can of beans (FOT).

The fans are outraged that fallout was given 1 sequal, 1 piece of trash, and then "laid to rest."

There are times when you know you have a good thing. Diablo, Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Warcraft, Command & Conquer.

Fallout.

When the fans are begging and pleading for a sequal, the smart thing to do usually is to oblige them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it is apperant Baka that Fallout is not your cup of tea...and as you can see it has been several times not only in this thread or on this Froum but on alot of places, but not as well worded or put as above...Fallout has touched so many lives, and it has inspired so many...take a look, all of you, fans, non-fans, and expecially those of you that work at BIS... at how many games or mods, or other have been made because of Fallout! Even if they folded or floped they were still started or made, and that is what counts! Static is an exapmle...i mean if Fallout was at least a small inpseration then no one on the Static team ever played Fallout. Aslo all the mods you keep hearing about that are based on Fallout...come on Fallout has reached out to so many people and has helpe dto define RPG. I'm serious, as has been stated before the main RPG type was magic and swords and spells, goblins, and mystic creatures. Then comes Fallout and now look at all the variations of RPGs.

Now for those of you that are thinking "geez just give it a rest!" alright I'll give it a rest as sson as you stop asking for another Icewind Dale or Balders Gate! Lionheart...great what game does that remind me of? Oh I know! I have yet to see any game made by BIS that resembles Fallout in any way that wasn't linked to the series, such as Tactics. I'm not ranking, I'm not flaming...I am a bit pissed becaus e so many people say "Why don't you Fallout fans give up already and just forget about another Fallout." Well why don't you stop breathing! Why don't you stop looking forward to that next IWD or BG game or that new game ie Lionheart which looks so similar I bet if you took a noob who had never heard of either game and told him Lionheart was a spin off of eithe rIWD or BG he might belive you. I know there are obvious differences.

Now for those of you that work at BIS...come on already!! It's been what 4 years? How long do you havve to hear al of us asking for, shouting for, and out right demanding another Fallout! 4 years...what are you wearing tin foil on your heads fearing the aliens that might steal your next IWD idea! For the sake of all that is good and evil just make Fallout 3 or sele the rights because if you arn't going to deliver what alot of people have been asking for for 4 years then maybe it is time to pass it on to someone who can! It's been 4 years and election time is coming around again...it's time to vote for the next BIS president game...and Fallout is on the ballot...what now, its your move...and frankly, get off your butts and do something about it! Trush me when I say I will not stop posting in Favor for Fallout 3 until it has been made, made welland deliver to use, your more than very loyal fans...I mean how loyal must a fan be to stick with you, continue posting on thi sforum, and to continue buying your games to help you stay in buisness and help add to an online community for 4 years with a little glimmer of hope that Fallout 3 wil be made? 4 years...that is amlost unacceptable, wait no it is unacceptable. Take a minute or two to think about how many posts, e-mails and other forms of requests for Fallout 3 since the release of Fallout 2. How many did you come up with? if it's less than 1 billion then you missed a few...

Finally...I would just like to say that the want of Fallout 3 is no less than the want of another IWD or BG...or any of your other games. We, the Fallout community will not rest until Fallout 3 is made, and if you can't stand it anymore then sell it! Trust me in another year the demand may drop off, but as the tide goes out the water swells and roars back in...the Fallout community will not be silenced and it will not be ignored much longer.

Respectably,
Eric Lorette (AltraWave7)
I have traveled from Vault 52 to visit this place...I am:

Is there hope for Fallout 3?!
Cipher
Respected
Respected

Post by Cipher »

I totaly agree. BIS and Interplay are sticking their foot waaaaay up their own asses. They have a strong fan base and a very popular game but they sit there and do nothing.

If they never release another Fallout game then I hope Interplay does go out of business because of the way they treat their fans. Of course if FO3 is in the plans then long live Interplay/BIS. If not then I hope they sell the rights or someone makes game just as good as FO.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

If BIS makes Fallout 3 it will be for the sole purpose of spiting us.
fuck
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Man. I can't be the only one who likes Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Well your the only one who likes the steamy pile of shit that is FOT. Fallot 2 was decent but it should've been finished.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

He's a fucking idiot.

He seems to be forgetting fallout was made, how bigger fan-base it has and other stuff. It's referenced almost everywhere, and in every community there will be at least one guy who has played it.

Woo baldurs gate. All these crappy hack'n'slashers blur into one after a while, they should just make a random game generator for them, complete with random mazes and quests collecting demon heads and mythril dildos.

wich reminds me:I forgot to load progress quest NOMGOMGOMGOM1!11
:chew:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Pyro wrote:Woo baldurs gate. All these crappy hack'n'slashers blur into one after a while, they should just make a random game generator for them, complete with random mazes and quests collecting demon heads and mythril dildos.
Heh, couldn't have said it better myself. :D
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

BIS fucking owns. Every single game they have produced has been good. As for Fo3, its Interplays fault, not BIS. BIS doesn't get to decide if they can make a game using Fallouts name. They have to ask their superiors first. I don't even know why you're complaining. So what if they havent made Fo3 yet. You'll just have to get on with your sorry little lives.

*end rant mode*
One day...
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

What--so the people at another forum dedicated to Fallout want a sequel too? Well, there's a shocker! Admittedly, it's rather well written, but I think we already knew we want Fallout 3.

Now, just to make sure nobody flames me:

Baldur's Gate sucks. BioWare, despite being Canadian, ain't much.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

spyder07 wrote:Well your the only one who likes the steamy pile of shit that is FOT.
No, he's actually not alone. There's actually quite a few people that like the game, and -- here's the shocker! -- we're not twitchy, pimply-faced, 14 year-old console munchkins.

There's problems w/the game, that's for sure, but then again, that's what the editors are for. Although I'm sure you'd rather sit around and bitch about how FoT sucked than to sit down and put the editors to use making something that your fellow gamers could enjoy. Right?

Yes, hands-down FO is the best of the three games in the franchise. However, let's not act like the other two games are steaming piles of feces, freshly fallen from a monkey's arse...

OTB
Last edited by OnTheBounce on Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

voodoo4936 wrote:Man. I can't be the only one who likes Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics.
You're not, I like the whole Fallout series, FO1, FO2 and FOT.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

fot wasn't that bad. If you forget the story and the title, it wouldn't be such a bad game.

I like fo2.
:chew:
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Well fallout 2 was great but i really think they shouldn't have used fallouts name on fot. I think this because they tricked me into buying a game that wasn't like fallout at all and i bought it at full sale price thinking it wass going to be like fallout but i can say its a good game for poeple that like that stuff but not a fallout standard game in my opinion.

BTW isn't this in the wrong forum heads up moderators!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Som Guy wrote:I think this because they tricked me into buying a game that wasn't like fallout at all and i bought it at full sale price thinking it wass going to be like fallout but i can say its a good game for poeple that like that stuff but not a fallout standard game in my opinion.
What part of "squad-based tactical game with RPG aspects set in the FO universe" was the part that tricked you? It was the "RPG aspects" part. Wasn't it? ;)

Seriously, I don't think that anyone could have been tricked by FoT. Unless they bought it w/o checking into it first.
Som Guy wrote:BTW isn't this in the wrong forum heads up moderators!
Good point. I'll move it now.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Well in reality i didn't think i needed to check it out i mean it had fallout in the title so i thought it had to be great. What really disapointed me was the story line though. Not to mention the dialog functions. also the lack of any real side quests. And the list goes on and on.
Jinxed
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Jinxed »

Anyone here played Arcanum? It's strange no one mentiones it or uses it as a comparison.
That has got to hurt
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Jinxed wrote:Anyone here played Arcanum? It's strange no one mentiones it or uses it as a comparison.
Arcanum was an excellent game and was made by Troika.

If Fallout 3 will ever be made it should be done by Troika.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i cant get over the whole "we have magic!" in arcanum, but its ok.
Hello New Jersey
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Arcanum was great but it had to many bugs. But besides that i feel real confident that trokia would be an exellent group to use.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

voodoo4936 wrote:Man. I can't be the only one who likes Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics.
Spoken by the person who was adamant that we should suck BIS' ass because they made Baldur's Gate, BGII, Fallout, etc. :roll:
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:BIS fucking owns. Every single game they have produced has been good.
Oh, this is too fucking hilarious. Where to start? How about the hack and slasher that makes Diablo II look varied and brilliant? (Ass-Wind Dale and sequel) or about the Frankenstein hatchet-job that almost fucked over Fallout due to too many bugs and shitty easter eggs and more bullshit than game? (Fallout 2, and I'm scared to think of what grade of shit it would have been if Troika members didn't set the groundworks before they left, nevermind how much those groundworks might have been altered/disregarded) Or how about their ONE good game yet was still linear and a bit lacking in the replay of Fallout, PS:T?

Every single game? It would be stretching a lie to say they had even *one* game to the calibre of Fallout. Get in line with voodoo to start sucking their ass...take a number, it's hard to see which is more a fanboi.
OTB wrote: Seriously, I don't think that anyone could have been tricked by FoT. Unless they bought it w/o checking into it first.
True, but I think people were tricked by the "Fallout" part more than anything. :?

After all, Fallout 2 got rave reviews, but perhaps I'm one of the few that remember the flamestorm on the IPLY boards about the "final patch" and how many bugs it DOESN'T fix.
som guy wrote: Arcanum was great but it had to many bugs. But besides that i feel real confident that trokia would be an exellent group to use.
Like the HEAP. Which is hardly noticable if you use a RAM flusher now and then, but most of the time there's really no noticeable bugs. Hardly ANY compared to the shitty QA of Fallout 2 and FOT. In fact, it's a technological step upwards from Fallout in that regards, in offering many more ways of solving your way through the games with more open support for more character types. It's surely a HELL a lot better than anything BIS has done with the Inbred Engine.
Our Host!