Interview with Hyacinth

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Interview with Hyacinth

Post by Gimp Mask »

Apologies for the terse intro, I'm too tired to write a proper one, but there are deadlines, stop the presses etc you know how this business works. Faster harder scooter is the journalist oath. Anyway it's a lovely read and I related to Hyacinth's answers on many levels and am looking forward to replying to this thread tomorrow.

---

Gimp Mask: You have been the hardest person to interview thus far because I know so little about you. Do you enjoy being a man of mystery, or does it feel like a burden sometimes?

Hyacinth: I enjoy the anonymity on the web, DAKK had this, now its all wide out in the open, I dont like that. I used to try doxing myself to see if I had any loose ends. The only way you could connect my old username was through an old sales platform where I sold a few items, if you snatched up something I would randomly sell (I dont even remember what it was that I sold, you know, money was tight) you would then have my real name and adress, this was stressing me lol. Luckily this is no longer possible even with my old username, thats a relief!

I wouldnt want shit from my old account appear into my life anyhow possible, tying myself to that would be quite a nightmare, Imagine someone googling your name and pow, stupid shit you wrote on DAC would show up, brrrrr. The horror. Not that I am ashamed of my history in anyway, I just dont want people to know my history. Yeah, privacy is cool.

GM: Here at DAC you're known for your mastery of chess and for your coin digging. Which do you think is more important in life?

H: I bought an adventure motorcycle once I finished uni and been on a pretty long maiden trip concisting of 15 days on the road, looking forward to making alot more of those in the future. I'm from europe and there are alot of varied terrain and landscapes to explore, I like it desolate but I will bring my chick with me. Theres a desert in spain called Tabernas which I plan to check out, also the mountain pass between france and spain and northern spain in general is going to be my next loose aim I guess. Naturally I will drive through Amsterdam on my way south.

GM: Which kind of situation calls for a castling defense? In life, or in chess, or in coin digging whichever you prefer to answer.

H: Online privacy. Integrity questions in general. My home is my castle, I work with people regularly, I'm not a total schizo I just enjoy my own peace and oasis. I live in a bubble for now lol. Maybe thats what the motorcycle is all about (It damn well is). Breaking out of my life long castling is my mission in life and I have a pretty damn solid plan also. From my point of view, my life will actually start within say 2-3 years. (Work mandates I finish something before going rogue)

GM: Why are you so interested in those coins? Is it for historical reasons, or is it more about the process of getting them non-shitty? Also do you believe any of those ancient coins hold any magical energy or something like that?

H: Man, I just got them from my brother and knowing how fast he looses interest in things and then promptly starts destroying whatever he is trying to fix made me desperate to take over the "restauration". Fun fact, we both found some old hard drives in the forest once checking out a place where we used to build a tree house when we were kids. Anyways, he sent me a video of how he tried to clean the old hard drive internally and then when it didnt load up in slave mode he proceeded to DJ the bare spinning disc with a screw driver. I still have mine somewhere and I am going to buy a fresh model and then carefully replace the disk all clean and nice (screwdriverless) and see if I can access any of the files. Hoping for bitcoins or illegal shit of course.

GM: Everyone at DAC calls you "The Librarian" because you made a thread called the Library where you post old shit. What gave you the foresight to save that stuff back in the day; were you able to anticipate their cultural value for this community or was it just some cool stuff that you liked and downloaded? Most of the stuff I made / enjoyed is long gone and I've had to put a lot of effort into digging any of it up.

H: Well I didnt really have the foresight, If I had I wouldnt be begging for the FLASH as I do. I got the "Library" because I am in it, as a token, some years ago. I just found out sometimes ago, throwing it away would be sacriligious. I plan on taking some cookies out of the jar with an somewhat even tempo to satieate the masses.

GM: I think you recently said something about having been a member before, but then got banned or something. Maybe I'm wrong but I kind of got the impression that that's when you made the switch to "Hyacinth" and left your past behind or whatever. Care to shine some light on this or would you prefer to stay in the shadows?

H: I did. We all grow eh, maybe I felt that the old DAC me had a good run and got a pretty good ending overall. I still have some urges then and then to bring some of my alts back. I mainly had two characters, they were not dinosaurs or cartoons. My main has been part of some DAC adventures sure.

GM: On a related note, when did you first join DAC?

H: Around -05. My friend presented it to me as a "anything goes internet scene" I wasnt much into any form of community at all then and not have been either since, I'm not big on making new acquaintances I suppose. Still I value loyalty above all and even though I have made my errors in my past I find that DAC never dies if we dont let it. I feel a strange bond, maybe not so strange, I think we all feel it, this collective sense of DAKS spirit.

GM: After coming back from my short hiatus, I noticed that a considerable number of new threads were started by you. You also seem to be the most active member of the forums at the moment. You're putting a lot of effort (relatively speaking) to keep this forum alive, and I appreciate that. What keeps you motivated?

H: DAC is special, musnt let her die. DAC died sure, but shes resurrected now, finally. Beating the old horse of it being a dead forum is now no longer true. I also like that its a really old hangout, not many of them around anymore. Not that I have been hanging out anywhere else. During my own hiatus I was checking in on DAC sometimes from year to year but yeah nostalgia got me back and I am staying. Trying to go back to our youths isnt going to happen, fact remains the place is still standing and we shouldnt be defeatist about its future.

GM: What are your fondest DAC memories?

H: I remember this question. :) I will of course always remember our own maniac taxidermist, or the war, or Blarghs enigmanism, but yeah just shit posting in general I guess and checking out unexpected creativity that springs up now and then, were kind of the unknown cheap café where Hitler and van Gogh used to discuss topics before they got famous. Lets keep it rolling that way.

GM: I feel like DAC is/was like Montparnasse of the Internet; a meeting point of a bygone era for creative, intellectual individuals. Mr. Teatime was the Erik Satie of the forums, MR Snake the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and so on. Do you have any particular artistic or intellectual skills / interests?

H: I used to dabble more than I do, I made a half finished sketch for my little brother when he turned 30 this december, not very proud of it but I hope he liked it somehow. Anyways, yeah, I always liked dabbling with moving pictures eh, going to make a cool video when I ride my adv-bike eh, unlike anything before, as un-egoic as possible but in the highest possible quality. Also I'm thinking of getting some clay that I can burn in my weed oven and make some pots for my plants, I like plants, got alot of them. There's alot of cool clay videos on youtube of japanese masters making like tea pots and then cutting them in half to show how good they are at making them, to the horror of the watching audience. I need a garage, still havent got myself one yet. In the future though, might start a GARAGE THREAD or something then. We will see in a few years.

GM: What can change the nature of a man?

H: Trauma. Meditation. Drugs. Love.

GM: Do you think the site / the forums have any real potential any more? Personally I feel like DAC has this certain vibe and the stuff I've recently (well, always) posted would not really work in any other context, so it's a perfect playground for my bullshit, and I have a hunch that you feel the same way at least on some level, but I wonder if that's enough in the grand scheme of things. Does it even matter?

H: Pixar should make a movie about DACS soul eh, we are like those pirates in that scene that movie with that guy who used to have scissor hands, we are part of the ship.

GM: Most of the interviews I've posted so far are about some ancient shit; for someone Post-Davide such as yourself, are they of any interest to you, or is it just some oldfag stuff and you're like whatever mang sheesh

H: Keep it coming man. Sure I missed Davide but I remember alot of other shit.

GM: Since you're a very active member, do you have any interest in posting news / content / whatever for DACK 2.0, or are you mainly interested in keeping the forums going?

H: Yeah man, as long as I dont have to do anything technical im game, I pretty much have this chronic procrastination addiction anyways thats so deeply embedded into my broken reward system that I am sure stumble upon shit all the time that I could spam somewhere for the benefit of the community lol.

GM: I gotta get around to interviewing SenisterDenister next I guess. Because I'm a true gentleman I'll let you ask him one question as well, so go ahead.

H: Hey Dennis tell us something embarassing lol

GM: Have you ever sucked a dick? Not judging you I'm just running out of questions.

H: Yeah, once lol. Had a explorative phase/crisis, got alittle crazy. Fell back into my uber straightness afterwards though. Maybe im Bi on some level. How modern.

GM: Who is the one member you would like to see make a triumphant return to the forums?

H: Toxic, Blargh, Megatron, Susan,Pooper,Retlaw,Manoil, Jim, Bforp, Gore, Rad, Jet, Jesus, Vassikka, Pip, Thor, Kashluk, Atoga, sooner or later

GM: Ask yourself something and answer it.

H: What are you drinking?

H: I am going through a bottle of vodka today, not my style usually, normally stick to beer and whiskey but thought I would give it a chance. Unfortunately I dont have anything to mix it up with so I drink it mixed with some strawberry drink concentrate. Gets the work done though.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Interesting.

This Hyacinth character is an enigma within a riddle, an insinuant whisper in the night.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The inner machinations of his mind are an enigma.
Yeah, once lol.
As long as you say no homo it doesn't count. Just a bro-job between bros, knowwhatI'msayin. B)
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Totally B)
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I've been thinking of adventure motorcycling for 10 years but I think I prefer just thinking about it because I don't really like camping and stuff. Last time ryding the ol' "road hog" into the sunset was like 10 years ago anyway and I'm not enthusiastic about having a petrol-based recreational vehicle these days really (no judgement). I'm sure you've seen Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa by now if you're into that stuff but worth mentioning them just in case. Also Adventure Rider Radio is a pretty cool podcast

Also reading these interviews there seems to be a bit of a pattern around the internet anonymity stuff, for me it's a big part of why it's so cool to be back. I mean it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort from anyone to figure out who I am and I have my fair share of embarrassing posts, but if I ever get cancelled because of DAC I'll just say Smiley edited the posts to make me look bad and that'll make him look like a monster instead, it's a win/win situation. Also the internet was kind of a new thing even back then and if someone can't grasp the idea of a bunch of kids being stupid under cover of anonymity on a weird new technological platform without fully understanding the possible future repercussions then they can go fuck themselves

All in all hope you don't find this insulting but you remind me of me in a whole lot of ways, which was a bit of a surprise. Like all the interest towards online privacy, motorcycle stuff, not hanging anywhere else than dac etc, I'd write more stuff but I didn't sleep well again so I'm just as tired as I was before posting this thread. Can't wait for the garage thread, So Solid Crew for life.

I absolutely love this answer
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

DAK desert riders :wheelie:

Yea during my first trip I found out that camping wasn't for me either. Tried high teching it but it still was pretty shitty and cumbersome. The ideal way to travel is to get cheap stays on airbnb, you can travel the world very interestingly using that site and it doesn't have to be expensive. Sure it's cheaper with a tent but man, warm showers, a reset is needed after many hours on the road.

Not insulted at all mang. My old acc had somewhat of a theme so it feels good to start a new.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Hyacinth wrote:My old acc had somewhat of a theme
wait are you Prosper?
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

No no
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: Interview with Hyacinth

Post by PiP »

Oh my god it's still alive! :drunk:
Yo are you people (who are still here) at the DAC Facebook fanpage? It makes interaction more likely :yes:
Gimp Mask wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:47 am Apologies for the terse intro, I'm too tired to write a proper one, but there are deadlines, stop the presses etc you know how this business works. Faster harder scooter is the journalist oath. Anyway it's a lovely read and I related to Hyacinth's answers on many levels and am looking forward to replying to this thread tomorrow.

---

Gimp Mask: You have been the hardest person to interview thus far because I know so little about you. Do you enjoy being a man of mystery, or does it feel like a burden sometimes?

Hyacinth: I enjoy the anonymity on the web, DAKK had this, now its all wide out in the open, I dont like that. I used to try doxing myself to see if I had any loose ends. The only way you could connect my old username was through an old sales platform where I sold a few items, if you snatched up something I would randomly sell (I dont even remember what it was that I sold, you know, money was tight) you would then have my real name and adress, this was stressing me lol. Luckily this is no longer possible even with my old username, thats a relief!

I wouldnt want shit from my old account appear into my life anyhow possible, tying myself to that would be quite a nightmare, Imagine someone googling your name and pow, stupid shit you wrote on DAC would show up, brrrrr. The horror. Not that I am ashamed of my history in anyway, I just dont want people to know my history. Yeah, privacy is cool.

GM: Here at DAC you're known for your mastery of chess and for your coin digging. Which do you think is more important in life?

H: I bought an adventure motorcycle once I finished uni and been on a pretty long maiden trip concisting of 15 days on the road, looking forward to making alot more of those in the future. I'm from europe and there are alot of varied terrain and landscapes to explore, I like it desolate but I will bring my chick with me. Theres a desert in spain called Tabernas which I plan to check out, also the mountain pass between france and spain and northern spain in general is going to be my next loose aim I guess. Naturally I will drive through Amsterdam on my way south.

GM: Which kind of situation calls for a castling defense? In life, or in chess, or in coin digging whichever you prefer to answer.

H: Online privacy. Integrity questions in general. My home is my castle, I work with people regularly, I'm not a total schizo I just enjoy my own peace and oasis. I live in a bubble for now lol. Maybe thats what the motorcycle is all about (It damn well is). Breaking out of my life long castling is my mission in life and I have a pretty damn solid plan also. From my point of view, my life will actually start within say 2-3 years. (Work mandates I finish something before going rogue)

GM: Why are you so interested in those coins? Is it for historical reasons, or is it more about the process of getting them non-shitty? Also do you believe any of those ancient coins hold any magical energy or something like that?

H: Man, I just got them from my brother and knowing how fast he looses interest in things and then promptly starts destroying whatever he is trying to fix made me desperate to take over the "restauration". Fun fact, we both found some old hard drives in the forest once checking out a place where we used to build a tree house when we were kids. Anyways, he sent me a video of how he tried to clean the old hard drive internally and then when it didnt load up in slave mode he proceeded to DJ the bare spinning disc with a screw driver. I still have mine somewhere and I am going to buy a fresh model and then carefully replace the disk all clean and nice (screwdriverless) and see if I can access any of the files. Hoping for bitcoins or illegal shit of course.

GM: Everyone at DAC calls you "The Librarian" because you made a thread called the Library where you post old shit. What gave you the foresight to save that stuff back in the day; were you able to anticipate their cultural value for this community or was it just some cool stuff that you liked and downloaded? Most of the stuff I made / enjoyed is long gone and I've had to put a lot of effort into digging any of it up.

H: Well I didnt really have the foresight, If I had I wouldnt be begging for the FLASH as I do. I got the "Library" because I am in it, as a token, some years ago. I just found out sometimes ago, throwing it away would be sacriligious. I plan on taking some cookies out of the jar with an somewhat even tempo to satieate the masses.

GM: I think you recently said something about having been a member before, but then got banned or something. Maybe I'm wrong but I kind of got the impression that that's when you made the switch to "Hyacinth" and left your past behind or whatever. Care to shine some light on this or would you prefer to stay in the shadows?

H: I did. We all grow eh, maybe I felt that the old DAC me had a good run and got a pretty good ending overall. I still have some urges then and then to bring some of my alts back. I mainly had two characters, they were not dinosaurs or cartoons. My main has been part of some DAC adventures sure.

GM: On a related note, when did you first join DAC?

H: Around -05. My friend presented it to me as a "anything goes internet scene" I wasnt much into any form of community at all then and not have been either since, I'm not big on making new acquaintances I suppose. Still I value loyalty above all and even though I have made my errors in my past I find that DAC never dies if we dont let it. I feel a strange bond, maybe not so strange, I think we all feel it, this collective sense of DAKS spirit.

GM: After coming back from my short hiatus, I noticed that a considerable number of new threads were started by you. You also seem to be the most active member of the forums at the moment. You're putting a lot of effort (relatively speaking) to keep this forum alive, and I appreciate that. What keeps you motivated?

H: DAC is special, musnt let her die. DAC died sure, but shes resurrected now, finally. Beating the old horse of it being a dead forum is now no longer true. I also like that its a really old hangout, not many of them around anymore. Not that I have been hanging out anywhere else. During my own hiatus I was checking in on DAC sometimes from year to year but yeah nostalgia got me back and I am staying. Trying to go back to our youths isnt going to happen, fact remains the place is still standing and we shouldnt be defeatist about its future.

GM: What are your fondest DAC memories?

H: I remember this question. :) I will of course always remember our own maniac taxidermist, or the war, or Blarghs enigmanism, but yeah just shit posting in general I guess and checking out unexpected creativity that springs up now and then, were kind of the unknown cheap café where Hitler and van Gogh used to discuss topics before they got famous. Lets keep it rolling that way.

GM: I feel like DAC is/was like Montparnasse of the Internet; a meeting point of a bygone era for creative, intellectual individuals. Mr. Teatime was the Erik Satie of the forums, MR Snake the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and so on. Do you have any particular artistic or intellectual skills / interests?

H: I used to dabble more than I do, I made a half finished sketch for my little brother when he turned 30 this december, not very proud of it but I hope he liked it somehow. Anyways, yeah, I always liked dabbling with moving pictures eh, going to make a cool video when I ride my adv-bike eh, unlike anything before, as un-egoic as possible but in the highest possible quality. Also I'm thinking of getting some clay that I can burn in my weed oven and make some pots for my plants, I like plants, got alot of them. There's alot of cool clay videos on youtube of japanese masters making like tea pots and then cutting them in half to show how good they are at making them, to the horror of the watching audience. I need a garage, still havent got myself one yet. In the future though, might start a GARAGE THREAD or something then. We will see in a few years.

GM: Do you think the site / the forums have any real potential any more? Personally I feel like DAC has this certain vibe and the stuff I've recently (well, always) posted would not really work in any other context, so it's a perfect playground for my bullshit, and I have a hunch that you feel the same way at least on some level, but I wonder if that's enough in the grand scheme of things. Does it even matter?

H: Pixar should make a movie about DACS soul eh, we are like those pirates in that scene that movie with that guy who used to have scissor hands, we are part of the ship.

GM: Most of the interviews I've posted so far are about some ancient shit; for someone Post-Davide such as yourself, are they of any interest to you, or is it just some oldfag stuff and you're like whatever mang sheesh

H: Keep it coming man. Sure I missed Davide but I remember alot of other shit.

GM: Since you're a very active member, do you have any interest in posting news / content / whatever for DACK 2.0, or are you mainly interested in keeping the forums going?

H: Yeah man, as long as I dont have to do anything technical im game, I pretty much have this chronic procrastination addiction anyways thats so deeply embedded into my broken reward system that I am sure stumble upon shit all the time that I could spam somewhere for the benefit of the community lol.

GM: I gotta get around to interviewing SenisterDenister next I guess. Because I'm a true gentleman I'll let you ask him one question as well, so go ahead.

H: Hey Dennis tell us something embarassing lol

GM: Have you ever sucked a dick? Not judging you I'm just running out of questions.

H: Yeah, once lol. Had a explorative phase/crisis, got alittle crazy. Fell back into my uber straightness afterwards though. Maybe im Bi on some level. How modern.

GM: Who is the one member you would like to see make a triumphant return to the forums?

H: Toxic, Blargh, Megatron, Susan,Pooper,Retlaw,Manoil, Jim, Bforp, Gore, Rad, Jet, Jesus, Vassikka, Pip, Thor, Kashluk, Atoga, sooner or later

GM: Ask yourself something and answer it.

H: What are you drinking?

H: I am going through a bottle of vodka today, not my style usually, normally stick to beer and whiskey but thought I would give it a chance. Unfortunately I dont have anything to mix it up with so I drink it mixed with some strawberry drink concentrate. Gets the work done though.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

DJien Dobry PiP
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

nobody's on Facebook anymore boomer, DAC is the new social media