Divinity Anthology

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Divinity Anthology

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Is at $8,25 on Steam. Includes Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity II.

Are these any good? The first one looks good and the Beyond sucks from what I can see but what's DAC's opinion? I think I played the II, which is if I remember somewhat good but fell in the "RPG-I-will-not-finish" category.

Also, Original Sin sucks ass. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but it's certainly boring as hell.
Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

I'll start off by saying I have no idea what this franchise is all about. I don't remember ever hearing good things about it until now. Then again I was mostly into Mac games back then, also mostly a Fallout fanboy due to it being one of the few ports on such. I hate craptacular Mac OS X, bunch of hipsters. You should listen to my opinion.

I really just don't have faith in these new-old rpgs, computers are more advanced now. Developers do not have the perspective to match. Computerized games don't function like they used to, video gamers are different now. People as a whole care less about quality and the experience you get for 60$. As long as the developer forces their game to come out on time and as long as the publishing company meets their target quota, you might get lucky and see a pre/sequel. Or maybe you'll be less lucky and get some half assed follow up of DLC that takes the franchise in the opposite direction, all for the sake of making deadlines and filling the coffers of investors.

Wait, why is the main character in my beloved game franchise such a whiny contemptible cunt now? It must be because we still have to pay 60 bucks for games that don't even get the little cute boxes anymore. Our game devs are that fucking good. Or maybe that's just what the young people want. I think I'm too old to help you with your decision, excuse me while I sand my toes and take some Metamucil. Then I'll use the internet for a futile exercise and finding a nice PnP group.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

This is as good as any advice.
Our Host!