Anyone else annoyed with newer fallout fans?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
DrHanz90
SDF!
SDF!

Anyone else annoyed with newer fallout fans?

Post by DrHanz90 »

Hi there DAC I'm a long time lurker first time poster. I consider myself a true fallout fan none of the Bethesda shit.

I first played fallout as a demo at CompUSA ( back when they still where here ) and I still remember that town Scrapheap. I'm sure you TRUE fallout fans know what I'm talking about. The demo was so strange during combat it even said: You hit wall for 0 damage.

But anyway there was probably a topic for this already but does anyone else cringe at the new fallout fans? Especially since New Vegas.

You've got these girls that say shit like: I am a HUGE fallout fan, even though they've never even seen the originals. It's almost like Fallouts become trendy even though these kids have no idea of what made it so special.

Bethesda has turned Fallout into a quirky 50's retro themed future game where kids run around blowing shit up while listening to old music it makes me fucking cringe. DON'T call yourself a fallout fan if you haven't played the originals. Call yourself a bethesda fan or a oblivion with guns fan. Annoys me just as much as people who think Zelda is the best game of all time.

Am I alone on this? I doubt it otherwise you all wouldn't have found this site. Fallout 1, 2, and tactics. May the star and strips ring true forever! :joy:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

MrHanz90 . . . ?

Post by Blargh »

But do you have your pin ? :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Tactics blows.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Rumors?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:Tactics blows.
Product of rushed production. God, it had so much potential. Still interested in seeing if House's mods end up yielding anything worth exploring.

Hanz, I don't want to offend you but it certainly sounds like you're catering to the opinion of the site, especially if you've been lurking for some time. We're on board with what you said but I'm sure we'd love to hear some original opinions. Otherwise, this whole practice is just masturbatory acknowledgement of existence, not a discussion.

Tell us about you. How old were you when the bad man first touched you?

I kid, I kid... BUT SERIOUSLY.
DrHanz90
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DrHanz90 »

I'm not catering to the opinion of the site- the reason why I've been coming here all these years (since like 07 probably) is because you all seem to be like minded individuals.

Tactics wasn't fallout 1 and 2 but it was still good. Plenty of cursing, great voice acting and desperation. It's def the lowest of the bunch.

I'm a true Fallout fan to the core. I went to comic con in San diego since I live so close and was lucky since they where doing a New Vegas panel at the time. Chris Avellone himself was there! I cheered like a fan the whole time especially when he mentioned black isle. Afterwards I approached him and offered 200 $ to see if we could get some alone time to which he refused.

There also happened to be this girl walking around in cosplay- a vault suit with 101 behind it. *barf* I was so distraught my dangerous tics started to kick in. I went up to her and said: "Wheres the 13?" To which she just gave me a shy nervous smile and walked away. Stupid bitch probably doesn't even know. I followed her quietly for a while keeping a long distance, she was not hard to spot. After we walked past what seemed to be the joss whedon panel (which later turned out the be a avengers reveal) she turned the corner. It appeared to be a bathroom. I took a peek and noticed only one other person in there a fat mexican lady who, much to my delight, left soon after. I slipped inside and waited. Once the vault dweller wannabe got out of the stall I went behind her and twisted her arm behind her back while covering her mouth with my hand. Her glasses fell to the floor with a clack. It should be pretty obvious what happened next. I was leaving SD the next morning so I didn't care.

You want to live in fallout expect fallout risks, bitch. Too bad she didnt use her speech skill early on and just smiled at me like some nerd. I know this might seem irrelevant but I'm just demonstrating my devotion to the series like all you posers should be doing.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

I JUST WON A BET.

Post by Blargh »

So, whose shitty alt is this, I wonder ? :drunk:
SenisterDenister

:psychosniper:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Still made me laught D; "expect fallout risks, bitch", I like that.

:afro::whip:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Shite, DaC has the most awesome and diverse emoticons any forum ever had, seriously.

:aiee: :patrick: :nicolai: :butthead: :butthead: :duckie:

I mean, epic is epic :melvin fuck yeah: :duckie:
DrHanz90
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DrHanz90 »

i'm no alt, but it is pretty ridiculous i've lurked here for so long and never posted. I'm just a fallout fan with a big heart and a lot of love. I've beaten fallout 1 and 2 at least 8 times and tactics twice and i just dislike what its become.

Wasteland 2 is meh
SenisterDenister

You sound like a sperg.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like you you got heart. Nanomachines son!
:chew:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

haha

clack
:chew:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:So, whose shitty alt is this, I wonder ? :drunk:
If it is, and it seems likely, IP isn't showing it.
SenisterDenister wrote:You sound like a sperg.
I concur. Shit's wack, yo
Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

Anyone else annoyed with Old people, Young people, Human Beings in general, the Internet and being alive and cursed with conscious thought?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It does get bizarre, at times.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Ptars wrote:Anyone else annoyed with Old people, Young people, Human Beings in general, the Internet and being alive and cursed with conscious thought?
Jimmmmmay! How are you, old bean?
DrHanz90
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DrHanz90 »

I'm not really that angry about it- just crushingly disappointed. It reminds me of how EA took over the command and conquer games which were a beloved series of mine. Back when I was a young one it was dune 2, wolfenstein and commander keen- THEN it was fallout.

Also it does seem that this site is kind of fading. I would say the only hope for revival would be inexile and the new fallout games they make.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Doesn't Wasteland 2 suck?
Our Host!