Fallout Project Safehouse

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout Project Safehouse

Post by RobertHouse »

View Project Safehouse's Mod DB profile for screenshots, news, videos and more!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-last-vegas
Last edited by RobertHouse on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

A sneak peek of the new menu.
http://youtu.be/9XLj_nEjrt8
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Nicely done! Are there any YouTube links of gameplay?
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Not yet no, but soon i will post up some videos of a new super mutant i have been working on for some swamp maps, there is so many more item sprites to be exact there are 763, that sprite sheet that has 130 sprites is out dated 100% of them has been replaced, there is also a great deal of new tiles.

The game runs off of a custom game engine made by me, it allows me to edit the game a little more than the normal modder.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The concept of controlled aircraft is definitely interesting, though I imagine difficult to do with the depth perception issues of isometric perception.

I'm eager to see your work as it progresses. Kudos for keeping classic isometric Fallout in the limelight!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I like this. Between this mod and my TTW mod it's like we're fucking the Fallout universe on opposite ends.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

It is no concept, i will make a video and post it soon ;)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

How do you animate the propellers?
Also, are the robots/T-51b greyscale or do they have the armor color options available?
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

The T51B has a green chest plate other than that they are mostly gray, they have no extra layers like skin, hair, etc they have only one layer.

All except the Sentry Bots in the pictures i made a tad bit darker because they where supposed to be in a night time mission.

All of the sprites are converted 3D models so animating the propellers is as easy as dragging your courser across the screen.

I will add some sprite tutorials and other stuff like that for you guys some time.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

What other new mechanics are operational right now?
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Rage was made by me and another programer named Noah.Klabo when we started its development around a year ago we only had one thing in mind for it, to "unlock" some if not all hard coded parts of the game in other words make parts of the game that wasn't editable, editable, so i could make the game as customizable and as flexible as anyone could possibly get it, Tactics as we well know works very differently than Fallout 3/New Vegas so i needed to see exactly what the games limits where so i could make a story/campaign that would take full advantage of the engine and just maybe be able to pull of a New Vegas mod for Tactics.

The main features that i have unlocked so far are just parts of the game that i can edit like the main menu, in game GUI, the file system and many other little random things in the game, when i am more finished with the campaign i will be editing a lot more of the in game stuff like adding new effects and new elements to the game so that your gaming experience is one to remember. ;)

There is a new feature in game that works a lot like the DLC systom for Fallout 3/New Vegas that allows me to keep adding to the game without you ever needing to restart your games progress, once the DLC or expansion is installed you will find its location on the world map, it will have its own custom story complete with custom items like weapons and armor, all of witch you can bring back to Last Vegas after the DLC is complete, some DLC will be a one time deal or in better words 'you can never go back into that DLC after its campaign is completed' but others you can keep returning.

Most DLC will have a completely new world map that you can wonder and lots of side quests for you to complete.

I published this news a while back about some ideas that i had for the DLCs:
The following DLC or expansions will not start development until after the first full release of Fallout: Last Vegas.

The first DLC is "Project: Archimedes" it will contain a rather large campaign with 10-13 new maps complete with a new world map and several new weapons, items and armors, the exact amount of everything is still to be decided.

The second DLC is "The Forgotten" this DLC has its own campaign that is played aboard the Archimedes 2 space station, it will include some new weapons and lots of armors and items it will be a set of about 6-8 new maps, it will probably be more of a expansion to Project: Archimedes.

The last DLC to be constructed is "E.U.S." The exact specs to this DLC is top secret government information and cannot be displayed! Or at least not yet any way ;)

The Project: Archimedes world map can be traveled to even after its campaign is completed! :) I have now figured out a way to let the player jump from for instance: Fallout: Last Vegas's world map to Project: Archimedes's world map and back again.

Here is some more news about a new feature in the game i think you might like:
I just thought I'd update this post with new information about this Aim feature...

This new feature will turn any semi automatic weapon in to a deadly weapon! Not with power but with speed, just imagine you standing there waiting for that security garde to walk around that corner and the moment he does he gets 5 rounds in the side of his head before he could even draw his weapon with a semi automatic assault rifle!

This Stand Aim feature will increase fire rate with all weapons but! With a down side, your AP will replenish slower so its recommended that you don't use this feature when attacking lots of enemies.

The stance bar will contain the fallowing stances in this order:
(Stand)
(Stand Aim)
(Crouch)

This feature is up to you!
If you would like to see this feature in game please say so and comment what you think of it.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

At the moment the Vertibird and the Sentry Bot sprite is being remade, they will have a new cleaner shadow with some animation changes.

I will post screen shots when there finished.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If you really wanted to make a big alteration to the flow of Tactics, I would readily suggest creating more barter towns with NPCs. The caps/tabs trading and little independent vendors didn't get much play in Tactics, and creating new places to revisit would be a fantastic upgrade in itself.

If you really want to make a big splash, I would also suggest creating effect-on-death triggers. Robot explosions, acidic splashes, etc. If you can hard code it and make it work across different maps, you'd have an excellent thing going for you.

You could also put faction-specific bases and fortresses in the game, with their reaction to you varying on where you are in the campaign, but that's another big jump. Really, the game just needs more places to go.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Hello I like your mod.

I was wondering if you could go more in depth into the trading and bartering sections of the game, perhaps by setting up a stock market and being able to set up trade routes between towns and get insurance or maybe make an insurance claim heh u no ;) the history

of civilization

is the history

of the trade links

between east and

bitcoins
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Oh ya, i have a monster world map made by a guy named Corps, he has a really cool 3D mapping program that can make beautiful wasteland maps, don't know if he still gets on, last time i checked his net was down about a year ago, so far no activity :(

But yes i agree with what you are saying, the plan was to recreate all of the Fallout 3/New Vegas maps and add all of the NPCs and what not, sorry i didn't post anything about the story, still working on that, i lost most maps on my old PC in a storm so haven't had much time to get that far yet, been mostly preparing Rage the games engine, i not to long ago fixed a directory bug that crashed the game every time i saved it.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Megatron wrote:Hello I like your mod.

I was wondering if you could go more in depth into the trading and bartering sections of the game, perhaps by setting up a stock market and being able to set up trade routes between towns and get insurance or maybe make an insurance claim heh u no ;) the history

of civilization

is the history

of the trade links

between east and

bitcoins
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Recreating the Fallout 3/NV locations would be interesting, but what can you add that fits with the lore of the timeline? This is between 1 and 2 and has a unique region that has potential in its own right, unrealized by Interplay in their rush to get it published by deadline. You could make plenty of new locations that would make the game far more interesting, unless of course, your whole plan was to remake Fallout NV or 3 in this isometric engine. In that case, I would be more concerned about things, but it's your direction to take.

How about this; are you able to:
- Switch the Soda Tabs currency/ non-BOS barter system with Bottlecaps?
-Create crafting options?
-Create new factions?
-Create new random encounters?
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Manoil wrote:Recreating the Fallout 3/NV locations would be interesting, but what can you add that fits with the lore of the timeline? This is between 1 and 2 and has a unique region that has potential in its own right, unrealized by Interplay in their rush to get it published by deadline. You could make plenty of new locations that would make the game far more interesting, unless of course, your whole plan was to remake Fallout NV or 3 in this isometric engine. In that case, I would be more concerned about things, but it's your direction to take.
Actually the plan was to remake Fallout 3, New Vegas and some Fallout 2 locations.
Manoil wrote:Switch the Soda Tabs currency/ non-BOS barter system with Bottlecaps?
Yes.
Create crafting options?
Yes.
Create new factions?
Yes.
Create new random encounters?
And yes.

All of your questions are actually pretty simple, the Tactics engine is surprisingly flexible, Tactics doesn't use the engine to its full capabilities.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If you haven't already, you should create BOS patrols that give the player fire support in random encounters. That seems like a simple element to add in and it would make the random battles a helluva lot more interesting.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Already done that, I got all sorts of patrols, Mutants, EYE-Bots, BoS, Enclave, Traders, Civilians and I even made it so they all get a random nomber of spawns like one inconter you might fite a single Mutant next you might be fitting 8 Mutants that are fitting a Enclave patrol of 6, the encounters are very challenging now and even interesting. ;)
I made it so if you don't follow the story line and decide to wander to the corners of the map, you will pay for it! When the campaign is completed the encounters will lighten up as you free the wastes from different factions.
Our Host!