Help wanted: Arteeests

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Help wanted: Arteeests

Post by Max-Violence »

I'm making a Ghoul- and Super Mutant-oriented singleplayer series for FOT, and there aren't many Ghoul or SM character portraits.

That said, I'd be all giggles if you artists out there would be so kind as to draw me some! :D Full credit will be given, of course.

You don't have to make the .zar for me, just send me/post/both a .jpg (better yet, a .png :D) of the image, and I'll do the rest. Y'know, soon as I remember how to...

Just bear in mind that the picture(s) will only be 75x100 pixles when inserted into the game, so don't go and make some huge picture of a Mutie and expect his/her boogers to be easily seen in the game :D
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Well, I can't help you w/pics -- I've considered posting a similar topic m'self -- but I will say that you may want to give the ZARs another once-over using ZAR2GIF. There's more Ghouls in there than you think, and some are actually pretty cool looking, too.

(If you already did this...well, just don't pay me any mind and chalk it up to the drugs.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

How soon do you want these? I will be making some for myself with poser, but there aren't really many choises for much difference, plus I'm in the learning period. Check with Endocore, he's got it too and actually can work with it.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, FS, the sooner the better, but anytime is fine. Haven't seen Endocore around in quite some time... maybe OTB passed his little "habit" onto him? :D

OTB: Couldja PM me or post how to use the zar2gif program? I put some .zar's in the same folder as I have the zar2gif.exe, but when I double-click the .exe, a DOS window pops up then goes away. The prog's readme doesn't say how to use it... at least not that I could find...
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I was thinking more on e-mailing him. you probably don't know, he left us due to job problems.

Just open with and search find the program. Don't tick the use always option.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Flamescreen wrote:I was thinking more on e-mailing him. you probably don't know, he left us due to job problems.
Ah, bummer. :(
Flamescreen wrote:Just open with and search find the program. Don't tick the use always option.
Uh, say what?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

The second comment is about zar2gif. You rightclick then choose open with, then you choose other, then you search and locate the program.

I've sent you 2 ghoul pics. 2 restrictions:
1) if you don't like them, sorry, I can't really make them better. I'm still an amateur. I would mail Endocore for better.
2)If you do like them and use them, chances are I will use them also, I like them enough. Send me the entities files and the descriptions to see what they can evolve to untill my campaign.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Flamescreen wrote:The second comment is about zar2gif. You rightclick then choose open with, then you choose other, then you search and locate the program.
Ah.
FS wrote:1) if you don't like them, sorry, I can't really make them better. I'm still an amateur. I would mail Endocore for better.
No no, I like 'em! :D
FS wrote:2)If you do like them and use them, chances are I will use them also, I like them enough. Send me the entities files and the descriptions to see what they can evolve to untill my campaign.
Okie :D

Thanks for the pics, although I'm probably gonna crop 'em both so that only the face shows.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

No problem, I just included a large portion to give you freedom of what to crop. Obviously there are other corrections to be made like the grayscale conversion etc, but I was lazy to do it.

If you want more I could make some next week, tell me the prefered quantity and I'll see what I can do. No promises though, I'm focusing on creating my site for now.
Our Host!