Custom Squad help

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
denniskaufman
SDF!
SDF!

Custom Squad help

Post by denniskaufman »

Hate to bother people with my problems, but I've tried my best and now I am out of ideas. here's my problem:

To start off, my goal was to add 14 custom recruits to the recruiting pool. I was planning on just using the portraits of exsisting entries on my custom characters' stats (ex, use Farsights portrait on my custom character "val").

I started this whole process by unziping the entities_0.bos, Mis-Main_0.bos, spr-sprites_0.bos, and the tiles_0.bos files (as per some tutorials I read)

(for ease of understanding I’m just going to describe the process I took to create 1 of the 14 characters I did. The process is the same for all 14)

CHARACTER CREATION
I then used the editor (that comes with patch 1.27) to take the path “core/entities/recruits� to open “hf03.ent�. I pushed “create� to change all her stats and skills to my liking. Under the “name� tab on the left I kept the “display name� as “CORE_rec_hf03�.

To finish the creation of this character I saved the new entity as “val1.ent�

CHARACTERS.TXT
Secondly, I went into “Fallout Tactics\core\locale\game� and opened the “characters.txt� file to add “ name_CORE_rec_hfval1 = {Val} � and “desc_CORE_rec_hfval1= {description}� under the “ //Pool characters� area. Then saved

CAMPAIGN.TXT
Next I went into “Fallout Tactics\core\tables� and opened the “campaign.txt� to add “{mission01;add;entities/recruits/hfval1.ent},� under the “//Initial pool� section. I also added “//Female Sniper� a few spaces away from the other stuff. Then saved.

CAMPAIGN EDITOR
I then re-opened the Editor to click on “campaign editor� there I took the path of “core/Mis-Main_0/campaigns� to open the “bos.cam� file. Through some tutorials i read they say I am supposed to click the “tools� tab to click on “import recruits� which it gives me the option to open a “.txt� file, to which I select “core/tables/campaign.txt�. Once done I push “Save�

CONCLUSION
I gained all this knowledge through reading many tutorials and COUNTLESS attempts at new games (I hate how many times I’ve had to play that first mission just to find out my custom recruits are not with the recruit master in the first bunker)

The thing is, none of this is working!!! I’m out of ideas! I’ve tried so many times and read SO many tutorials to get to this point; where I plead with you all to help me make this work. Any and all advice is welcome :flamed: ... and sure, if you want to flame me, go ahead, I kind of deserve it for bothering all of you.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm too surprised that you're not a bot posting in this subforum to bother reading your post.

Regardless, this looks like a problem Prosper should take a look at. Would be right up his alley. You should try to contact him.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Summon Requiem for a Starfury!
denniskaufman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by denniskaufman »

how would i get in touch with this prosper guy? is he jj86? cause i tried his tutorials and it didn't work to well
denniskaufman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by denniskaufman »

sorry man, just figured out how to message people. sent Mr. prosper a message/

thanks!
Our Host!