Skyfall

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Skyfall

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I noticed I haven't made a movie review in awhile and many people have been crying for my return to continue my famous reviews. Skyfall is the return of James Bond who is still being played by Daniel Craig.

I don't know how well it is to explain the story of a James Bond movie but this one is about MI6 being attacked and Bond having to save them basically. Daniel Craig always seems like more of an action hero than a James Bond to me and he definitly plays to that this time around again. The movie has some pretty good action scenes and some pretty good shots, particular one scene where he is doing hand to hand against a bad guy in front of a neon sign and it looked pretty amazing. The bad guy in this movie is pretty good and probably the best one of the last 3 movies, he also has some gay qualities to him.

The movie does have some slow parts in it mainly when he isn't do James Bond stuff. Anyways the movie was okay but I wish there was more swagger and class type stuff instead of jumping on trains and stuff.

I'm also interested in watching some older James Bond movies, does anyone have any recommendations on which movies are best pre-Brosnan?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

You can't go wrong with "Gold Finger." It's one of the most iconic Bond movies of all time. "From Russia With Love" is another great classic as well. Really, as a rule, watch the Connery bonds and while I don't care either way for Lazenby as bond, I'm a pretty big fan of "On her Majesty's Secret Service."

As for Skyfall. I really enjoyed it and I think Craig is a really good Bond. It did a lot to expand on Bond's storyline, including disproving the theory that "James Bond" is a code name given to multiple agents. The only other Bond I say edges Craig out is Sean Connery.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

"Goldfinger" really is quintessential Bond, and it holds up well 50 years later.

I liked Skyfall. The writing and acting are superb, which is not what one typically says about a Bond film. It's also relatively low-key and deliberately paced, which I found refreshing (and, ironically, more in line with the traditional structure of Bond films). The action is exciting and the tense moments are actually tense, since you're invested in the characters, not juts enjoying the eye candy. I'm not sure how I feel about the backstory stuff toward the end; a little too Dark Knight for my taste. The rest is top-notch, though, and a fitting tribute to 50 years of this franchise.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Connery is #1, but I always liked the campiness of the Roger Moore flicks.

Should probably go back and watch the Tim Dalton ones, at the time he was kind of a let down, but that just Bond baggage and expectations that come with it.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:Connery is #1, but I always liked the campiness of the Roger Moore flicks.
Seconded.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Should probably go back and watch the Tim Dalton ones, at the time he was kind of a let down, but that just Bond baggage and expectations that come with it.
Double the violence, 1/4th of the style.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

This movie was, well, the first movie I've gone to since Avatar. I liked it, everyone liked it though so what does that matter? If you've read this far you should stop taking advice for a freakin movie and go see a freakin movie, it's 7.50$ tightwad!
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

It costs ten dollars in my town because there is only one theater and they are very well aware of that fact.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

5,50$ on tuesday D;
Our Host!